• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

antitrop

Overbuff really likes to add random losses for no reason. Hard to take win rate stats seriously. It was really 5-2 with Mercy and 1-0 with Winston.

Dioo9Nd.png

Nimby

Banned
I can't figure out who to use when defending Dorado.

Damage dealer: Soldier (group up on the high ground), Mei (cancer at the choke point)
Tank: Roadhog
Support: Zen, Ana, Symmetra (especially after the buff)

Mei is good on first point and last point, lots of tight areas to make good use of her wall to separate teams. I don't know how many fucking times I've attacked on Dorado and lost before the first checkpoint because the team had a halfway-decent Mei. Soldier is very good as of last update, if you can't Mei yet he is fairly simple and should be good all around.

AbaFadi

Banned
I can't figure out who to use when defending Dorado.

Reinhardt and Mei are very good choices for this map. I've had success with D.Va and Zarya as well. The map has a lot of narrow areas, so it's easy to catch charge with Zarya bubbles from team fights.

So...I can't get this game to work on PC. It tells me to log in to my battlenet account but it won't let me log in. >.<
Keep getting a lost connection to game server.

Ok, I got to lvl25.

Should I move to competitive or play only QP?
Competitive is on off-season right now lol

It comes back in a few days. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I only bought this game after season 2 had already started. Part of me wants to play comp the day it comes back but my friend on PC said that's when all the super good tryhards come out and it's no fun. Idk if there's a gaf group going I guess I'll play comp then to boost my placement rank ;)

It comes back in a few days. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I only bought this game after season 2 had already started. Part of me wants to play comp the day it comes back but my friend on PC said that's when all the super good tryhards come out and it's no fun. Idk if there's a gaf group going I guess I'll play comp then to boost my placement rank ;)

I dont understand. Comp is working right now right? It just wont count points towards season 3.

I guess I will play a couple of games just to test the waters. Thanks.

DevilDog

So my brother-in-law did some Googling and came up with this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4f30lr/how_to_potentially_fix_overwatch_high_ping_issue/

After disabling the service my in-game ping went from 250-300 to 25-40.

I still suck with mouse & keyboard, but what a difference. Had a good push on Zarya and felt like I was at maybe....60% comfort level compared to PS4. Felt great.

Everyone who has transitioned from console to PC here reported that they're enjoying the game much more. It will take at least 1 month to get used to it, but then you'll understand why the controls matter so much.

ohkay

Everyone who has transitioned from console to PC here reported that they're enjoying the game much more. It will take at least 1 month to get used to it, but then you'll understand why the controls matter so much.
Can confirm. PC > PS4 even if I'm worse, but the game feels a lot better with kb/m and it's nice being able to use certain characters that were impossible to use on console

xaosslug

SO

MUCH

WIDOMAKER

yeah, what did I miss? She's in every game on console, too. WTF?

that should be when you do it, then. Because chances are you'll have some on your team as well instead of a bunch of inept quitters!

Yeah competitive, even at its worst, is still miles better than Quick Play where you'll have 3 teammates picking Genji, Soldier and Sombra on defence and nobody ever choosing to play healer.

Apathy

so many new players with their high level friends in qp now. find it funny that the stereotypes of new players is still prevalent and accurate.

Recently got back into it. I was mostly a Tracer, Zaria, Zenyatta, Lucio, Roadhog, D. Va, Winston, Reaper, and Genji, and McCree player (with defensive heroes here and there).

I tried out Sombra and I felt I was doing decent with her. Though her abilities, ultimate, and play style makes it seem like I'm not doing much besides picking off people and proving to be a distracting mosquito. Are there any other tips you guys could lend me?

My brother noted than in every situation, he felt Tracer would've been superior.

Edit: I remember going 30-1 (with 4 gold medals) on a game that I joined late but I still feel like something is missing since that's not that good compared to my other picks.

Edit 2: How does the whole arcade and 3v3 2v2 and such work? I'm only really interested for loot boxes..

Recently got back into it. I was mostly a Tracer, Zaria, Zenyatta, Lucio, Roadhog, D. Va, Winston, Reaper, and Genji, and McCree player (with defensive heroes here and there).

I tried out Sombra and I felt I was doing decent with her. Though her abilities, ultimate, and play style makes it seem like I'm not doing much besides picking off people and proving to be a distracting mosquito. Are there any other tips you guys could lend me?

My brother noted than in every situation, he felt Tracer would've been superior.

Edit: I remember going 30-1 (with 4 gold medals) on a game that I joined late but I still feel like something is missing since that's not that good compared to my other picks.

Sombra isn't as much as a killer. She seems to be more of a flow manipulator.

Need to have the team be able to hold or gain ground better, hack some health packs
Need to keep a player from ulting, hack them.
Have some pesky healers to deal with before a push? Cloak/Teleport to the enemy backline.

Instead of killing the enemies directly, she can specifically cripple certain aspects of the enemy and keep it crippled. If played right, she can probably do a ton of damage to the enemy while not even killing anything.

Sombra isn't as much as a killer. She seems to be more of a flow manipulator.

Need to have the team be able to hold or gain ground better, hack some health packs
Need to keep a player from ulting, hack them.
Have some pesky healers to deal with before a push? Cloak/Teleport to the enemy backline.

Instead of killing the enemies directly, she can specifically cripple certain aspects of the enemy and keep it crippled. If played right, she can probably do a ton of damage to the enemy while not even killing anything.

Hacking or using your EMP only stops like less than half of the ultimates in the game, though. And even among those, you have such a small window of opportunity that hacking them via the ability is practically impossible. For the rest, if the ultimate is activated, it can't be stopped. You practically have to guess that an enemy is about to use an ultimate so that you hack or EMP before. Even then, they'll still use it afterwards. The hacking ability is only really useful for tanks and some other heros like MAYBE Tracer or Widowmaker (aside from health packs of course). As for healers, even they can be difficult to kill if they're at full health, namely Mercy since she's always next to someone.

I've had the best luck with Sombra during team fights or in any occasion where teammates are nearby, so that they're the main focus of attention. As opposed to my main offense hero I played before trying her out, Tracer, whom allowed me to wipe out a whole team alone.

Played a good 6-7 hours today and the game is really in a great place rn. Sombra update was great, arcade mode is awesome, 6v6 no limits is a fun addition on top of quick play, the 3v3 mode is a nice distraction and overall the ult charge nerf has really made the game feel better (and it already felt wonderful before). Balance is also in a good place, there are very few characters I'm irritated by or that seem completely unusable.

V happy. &#128591;

Apathy

every fucking game, hanzo widow

wtf, and i could possibly forgive them if they weren't just the worst peopleon the team. I have no idea how these people get into the 200 levels playing like this and it's their "main"

Sullichin

wtf, and i could possibly forgive them if they weren't just the worst peopleon the team. I have no idea how these people get into the 200 levels playing like this and it's their "main"

TOO MANY SNIPERS
NO TANKS

Look at this team. We're gonna do great!

ISOM

Yeah this is the shittiest I've seen quickplay been since I started Overwatch. People just want to play who they want to play, fuck team composition. I don't even know why they have those team compositions warnings anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Titanfall 2 makes me want a Bastion ult where he crashes from the sky and gibs anyone under him

They should give Bastion Tone's gun in recon mode

No one in this game thinks anything is their fault. That's why. Team Fortress had the same issue with the 3 spies and 3 snipers.

ISOM

It's quick play y'all, odds are the enemy team also has shitty composition and either way there's pretty much no penalty for losing.

More like shitplay. It's not fun playing bad comps into maps like 2cp maps. Because even if the other team has a bad comp you're already at a disadvantage.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want 80s synthwave Lucio with new music beats

If Mercy gets new voice lines for a skin then Lucio deserves new music for a skin

Top Bottom