• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

tumblr_o9rw0aPNBl1s9nowho1_500.png

http://tauxy.tumblr.com/post/146879771395/my-groovy-lucio-concept-suggested-by

there's another one I just saw last week that was 80's. had a retro bike helmet and everything, dunno where I found it though

Apathy

ElyrionX

Yeah people don't give a shit in QP.

Solo-queueing can be very frustrating at times and the only time when I can get a >50% win-rate is when I queue with a couple of friends.

Blues1990

I've been having a ball with 6 VS 6 Mystery Heroes, as I get to play with heroes that I otherwise wouldn't play in normal circumstances.

3 VS 3 needs a bit of a rework, however.

KarmaCow

You only get a loot box for your first win.

3v3 is the usually the quickest way to rack up those wins. It's the most popular game type in arcade and matches are short despite it being so unbalanced. Not to mention the alternatives are pretty shit. Mystery Heroes can be okay, no limits is just dumb, Brawls are 90% garbage, and 1v1 is a toss up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know he's counterable with Mei and Winston, problem is that if the Genji player is good, he'll just dash away before you have time to get him. He's annoying and frustrating more than unstoppable.

Guess what happens when Genji dashes away from Winston?
100px-Ability-winston2.png

Guess what happens when Genji dashes away from Winston?
100px-Ability-winston2.png

Yeah and if he crawls up a wall the second you get to him, or if you don't have your jump available.

My point is, that fighting Genji is boring because he'll be irritating you all the time unless you or someone on your team changes their whole playstyle to counter him.

I feel with most characters, there are a lot of ways to counter other players, especially with skill, but with Genji you have to go with Mei or Winston and hope that the Genji isn't a spazmatic tryhard.

DevilDog

Yeah and if he crawls up a wall the second you get to him, or if you don't have your jump available.

My point is, that fighting Genji is boring because he'll be irritating you all the time unless you or someone on your team changes their whole playstyle to counter him.

I feel with most characters, there are a lot of ways to counter other players, especially with skill, but with Genji you have to go with Mei or Winston and hope that the Genji isn't a spazmatic tryhard.

Honestly, having good aim is enough to keep genji at bay. He is a pubstomper on lower ranks its true, but up high he gets killed for fun.

All people use him for is the ana+genji ult which is stupid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

You are really underestimating the reach of the Tesla cannon.

A good Tracer is honestly a hundred times more annoying than Genji.

TrueBlue

3v3 should make it so that any hero that is picked for one round cannot be picked again for the rest of the match. This would encourage a more varied set-up and hopefully balance things out a bit.

darklin0

Banned
is quickplay wonky or is it meant for lvl 16 me to go against lvl 70s and up?

Not sure what region you are in but at these hours the player pool is pretty small and it is harder to get more even match ups. (U.S. PST)

At peak hours you should be put at much more even match ups.

ElyrionX

Queued QP. Got into game. Saw my team had a level 11 and level 25 against an enemy team whose lowest was a level 49 or something. Decided to stay optimistic and picked Dva because there are idiots at every level so maybe my opponents are terrible.

Level 11 picked Hanzo.

I noped out of there immediately.

I-hate-u

That was free. God damn she got her emp like 3 times in a span of 2 minutes.

Sombra is real. I am so sorry I have written her off, and I am sorry I have been saying she is a defense character. She's a beast.

You know what I hate about e-sports (or at least Overwatch e-sports)? There's zero structure to it.

Is there a site out there that catalogs all of the upcoming events in a nice calendar to help keep track of all of it?

I-hate-u

Penta is like right back to ya.

Thing is you kinda need a team to know to eat poke and get packs for her ult. So she's still free in solo Q pubs.

We'll get there, eventually.

You know what I hate about e-sports (or at least Overwatch e-sports)? There's zero structure to it.

Is there a site out there that catalogs all of the upcoming events in a nice calendar to help keep track of all of it?

I know I hate it too.

Edit: Thanks Antiwhippy.

Top Bottom