• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Anne

The level of play at Dreamhack feels hella Tier 2 after watching Apex. Fnatic and CompLexity looking mad crusty, and Misfits is running the dumbest shit and getting away with it.

Edit: Also, I think this Sombra strat can be p good on defense too. Lots of stuff to fiddle with. EMP builds stupid fast.

Blues1990

D.Va is soo good now. Plz never nerf her Blizzard.
I'm honestly expecting the development team to throw in another nerf to D.Va, if the past pattern of her buffs/debuffs are anything to go by. Which will drive me nuts, as D.Va is in a pretty good spot now.

Speaking of which, which hero has had the fewest nerf's to date? Reinhardt & Junkrat are the only two that come to mind.

Mulligan

Banned
I really do like this game but playing with randoms is totally ruining the experience for me. It's so frustrating when 90% of the people you are grouped with have no idea how to play the game. I seem to be the only person bothering to move the pay load or fighting on the point in almost every game. I know this goes for most multiplayer games but Overwatch is so team focused but everyone seems adamant on playing COD style. I'm pretty close to just giving up and trading the game in.

I-hate-u

I'm honestly expecting the development team to throw in another nerf to D.Va, if the past pattern of her buffs/debuffs are anything to go by. Which will drive me nuts, as D.Va is in a pretty good spot now.

Speaking of which, which hero has had the fewest nerf's to date? Reinhardt & Junkrat are the only two that come to mind.

Reaper, Bastion, Winston maybe?

I really do like this game but playing with randoms is totally ruining the experience for me. It's so frustrating when 90% of the people you are grouped with have no idea how to play the game. I seem to be the only person bothering to move the pay load or fighting on the point in almost every game. I know this goes for most multiplayer games but Overwatch is so team focused but everyone seems adamant on playing COD style. I'm pretty close to just giving up and trading the game in.
Which platform are you on? It's very much worth it to try and group up with other people, either on GAF or by convincing your rl friends to buy it :p

It changes everything. Even if you're just in a 3 person team, if you're all playing competently it enhances your enjoyment a huge amount.

ISOM

Wait for competitive season 3. You won't find any type of quality teamwork 95% of the time in quickplay.

ElyrionX

Joined Lijiang Tower midway through the first round. Our side got smashed 0-100. I said, "don't pick Widow on this map". Widow says, "this is QP".

Round 2 and Widow sticks to her pick and we continue to get smashed. Widow drops or leaves midway. We fight back and won round 2 at 100-99. Then we win round 3 100-0.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamn sombra.

I honestly want to see how a higher level team can counter this. NiP won so I'm assuming they did but right now penta is just getting dumpstered on.

Anne

Goddamn sombra.

I honestly want to see how a higher level team can counter this. NiP won so I'm assuming they did but right now penta is just getting dumpstered on.

NiP was running a lot of the 3 tank + Ana/Lucio meta stuff. They're the only ones at Dreamhack that are playing it really well too. Fnatic kinda has it, but they're so weak to anything that disrupts them.

Mulligan

Banned
Which platform are you on? It's very much worth it to try and group up with other people, either on GAF or by convincing your rl friends to buy it :p

It changes everything. Even if you're just in a 3 person team, if you're all playing competently it enhances your enjoyment a huge amount.

Playing on PS4 EU. All my friends are playing BF1 so they're a lost cause. I have the same problem in competitive too, very rarely do I get grouped with a few competent players. It's really sapping all of the enjoyment for me. If any gaffers want to group up on PS4 then great, because right now playing solo with randoms is terrible.

Antiwhippy

NiP was running a lot of the 3 tank + Ana/Lucio meta stuff. They're the only ones at Dreamhack that are playing it really well too. Fnatic kinda has it, but they're so weak to anything that disrupts them.

Kind of a different 3 tanks than the current meta stuff though. :p

Anne

Kind of a different 3 tanks than the current meta stuff though. :p

NiP used the Korean variation, and they had some of their own. Their central strats centered around things like Ana and Roadhog though. It's smart to experiment with stuff.

I'm still wondering what's up with Misfits. Triple DPS on heavy dive/pick stuff against Fnatic? Looked shaky as hell. Curious if they actually believe in those comps, don't have the hero pool for tank or Ana stuff, or if they just thought it would work well against current Fnatic since they can't seem to communicate well at all. I could see 2/2/2 variations and some types of trip DPS, but the comps they chose were really iffy. It also is weird how Fnatic were refusing to run Ana sometimes into it.

I-hate-u

Interesting to see the rise of Zen a bit at the expense of Ana. Lucio tho still sitting firm in his place.

Blizzard Lucio nerf #347 coming up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Interesting to see the rise of Zen a bit at the expense of Ana. Lucio tho still sitting firm in his place.

Blizzard Lucio nerf #347 coming up.

They're just going to have to do something else to change how fights go entirely unless they want to make Lucio literally useless

they'll need to do something to discourage team fights because that's all OW has been since beta and as long as it's that then Lucio will continue to have a spot

Anne

I still think Ana is way better than Lucio and Zen. Like, you can run Zen for the damage, but you open yourself up to a lot more bullshit. Lucio is just kinda there though lol

I feel like running Zen over Ana is something you do if your Ana or teamwork just isn't good enough, or you just REALLY want to have that dive.

Honestly the best zen use so far in this tournament is Zen + ana, not zen + lucio.

Yeah, I like this more than Zen/Lucio right now. If you're on defense in particular I don't think Lucio is as required as before, but he's still stupid good. The major thing running Zen, again, is that Sombra and hard dives in general fucking murder him. With Lucio you don't really have to worry about that.

TheExodu5

Banned
Joined Lijiang Tower midway through the first round. Our side got smashed 0-100. I said, "don't pick Widow on this map". Widow says, "this is QP".

Round 2 and Widow sticks to her pick and we continue to get smashed. Widow drops or leaves midway. We fight back and won round 2 at 100-99. Then we win round 3 100-0.

Eh, I play QP to practice heroes, regardless of how the team is doing. Kind of sucks when there's no competitive, but them's the breaks.

Only just realized that the Playstation Gold headset works on PC, so I've had a PC headset this whole time.

Well, at least I didn't accidentally spend money on another one.

Offseason is Potato Farming season

http://a.pomf.cat/dtktqo.webm
...wow. that entire team lacks any situational awareness at all huh
Only just realized that the Playstation Gold headset works on PC, so I've had a PC headset this whole time.

Well, at least I didn't accidentally spend money on another one.
I really wish I had gotten Playstation Golds instead of my px11's. I'm pretty sure my headset isn't natively supported by ps4 so it'll run in go some weird issues sometimes and it also doesn't work on PC. Oh well. Sound quality is amazing at least.

Antiwhippy

Might not be the same tier of play as Apex, but I'm honestly loving seeing this sombra tech coming out and also some variety in team comp.

Apathy

Match on A of Hollywood, we were holding it and it was almost over when a mei is running in to trip OT, I see her running and I knew she was going to iceblock. As she jumps to try to make it I concussive blast the ground in front of her and knock her back from the edge as she goes into the block. So good.

Blues1990

Match on A of Hollywood, we were holding it and it was almost over when a mei is running in to trip OT, I see her running and I knew she was going to iceblock. As she jumps to try to make it I concussive blast the ground in front of her and knock her back from the edge as she goes into the block. So good.
I had a similar case on that map, but it was a nano boosted Soldier 76 trying to get onto the control point for overtime, but I was able to pull him away as Roadhog & blown him apart.

Sullichin

The way that system works is honestly one of the most interesting things about overwatch to me. Makes it not just about getting kills.

Plays like this are so much fun without a single kill needed.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ogn_ow/CloudyTroutBabyRage

They should update how POTM works to include stuff like this, good plays that push an enemy off a point at cruicial moments are obviously more important to a win/loss than a random junkrat tripple tire kill

Apathy

The commentators just made a really good point. I've been EMP'd by sombras all the time or even just hacked when I am not paying attention, and then they get aggressive as if I can't fight back, Like yes the abilities are good, but it's not the end of the world for classes it doesn't affect too much.

Hell I've been hacked in the air as pharah and i just stayed up the whole duration just smashing the sombra who thought they would have a free kill on me.

Magnus

Damn it.

15235675_10104727809997942_2897710067719866168_o.jpg

AngryMoth

Surprised to see Fanatic pick assault maps given that if they draw on them it's basically a guaranteed loss based on their KotH performance

Top Bottom