• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Anne

NiP misplayed so hard. Hanging around on the follow up from the initial hook? Why? I think the Zarya pick was an issue too. Ana not being ready to nade any of the gravitons. CoolMatt having no pressure applied to him.

What a mess. I knew NiP had problems executing but that was next level.

exYle

So now with the added Sombra, who's the most annoying fly to deal with? Sombra, Genji, or Tracer?

I'd agree with everyone saying Tracer. Sombra is the hardest to kill, but has the least impact offensively of the three. Genji is the exact opposite. Tracer has the best balance between survivability and killing potential

AngryMoth

NiP misplayed so hard. Hanging around on the follow up from the initial hook? Why? I think the Zarya pick was an issue too. Ana not being ready to nade any of the gravitons. CoolMatt having no pressure applied to him.

What a mess. I knew NiP had problems executing but that was next level.
Yeah the biggest misplay was not having bionade ready to counter transcendence when they were going in 4 ults vs 1

Uncle AJ

Zen is so free to hacks.

He's just free to Sombra in general. All hacking does is disable his ability to apply orbs; if they're already applied to people they stay applied during the hack.

EMP instantly removing 75% of his health, though, is just adding insult to injury.

Anne

Yeah the biggest misplay was not having bionade ready to counter transcendence when they were going in 4 ults vs 1

I couldn't see if the CD was down or if they just didn't call the play. That was insanely bad either way. Like people in QP don't even fuck that up.

I-hate-u

He's just free to Sombra in general. All hacking does is disable his ability to apply orbs; if they're already applied to people they stay applied during the hack.

EMP instantly removing 75% of his health, though, is just adding insult to injury.

Sombra killed the hacked Zen with like 10 bullets. Such a hard life for robot Krillin.

Anyone else experiencing strange Firestrike behaviour/bugs? Mine disappear after launching them and don't always hit when they (probably) should...

I'd agree with everyone saying Tracer. Sombra is the hardest to kill, but has the least impact offensively of the three. Genji is the exact opposite. Tracer has the best balance between survivability and killing potential

I don't see how Sombra is the hardest to kill.

Although maybe it's because I tend to play characters that counter her.

Anne

I'm starting to think NiP just doesn't have a D.Va player.

Edit: Only pull it out on the last push. RIP. She's kind of really important on maps like Numbani, them not showing her there is some next level dumbassery. NiP ever discovering 3/3 was some type of fluke.

Anne

4 tanks seem stupid. Especially when the other team has a Zen for discord just ripping through them.

It's not if you actually have pressure and can punish. NiP isn't running D.Va, they aren't creating any pressure, and when they do get a hook (the punish) they aren't following it up. The idea of lots of tanks into Zenyatta is to make the Zenyatta ineffective. NiP can't do that, it looks like they just know how to stand around with big health pools.

It doesn't matter if you pick the right characters if you can't play the game. NiP isn't even picking the right characters anyways.

Anne

They did actually nade the Graviton, they just didn't hit it quite right.

Also NiP had a pretty good execute with the Korean tank comp. You could see the D.Va directly dealing with Soldier. They have to address the fact Soldier exists, and when they did things went way better for them.

Anne

Why isn't Volskaya more commonly played in comp? What's the difference between that map and Anubis/Hanamura?

Holding choke on Volskaya is very difficult, so you have to play this weird trading high ground situation. It's not favorable for anybody, kinda random, etc. It also used to be by far the easiest of the 2CP maps to snowball on, meanwhile Hanamura and Anubis got a bit better about it once spawn timers and Mei changed.

Nobody really knows much about it this patch.

I-hate-u

Holding choke on Volskaya is very difficult, so you have to play this weird trading high ground situation. It's not favorable for anybody, kinda random, etc. It also used to be by far the easiest of the 2CP maps to snowball on, meanwhile Hanamura and Anubis got a bit better about it once spawn timers and Mei changed.

Nobody really knows much about it this patch.

Is it a map layout issue?

Anne

Is it a map layout issue?

Yeah, basically the first area is laid out in such a way that if you want actual advantage on defense you have to set up behind the point. If a team on offense won first fight, they can very quickly make a big push with the normal ult snowball since things are so close and open. It's contender for worst map in the game by a pretty large margin. The only other thing I would lump it in with is Illios or maybe Route 66.

I-hate-u

Yeah, basically the first area is laid out in such a way that if you want actual advantage on defense you have to set up behind the point. If a team on offense won first fight, they can very quickly make a big push with the normal ult snowball since things are so close and open. It's contender for worst map in the game by a pretty large margin. The only other thing I would lump it in with is Illios or maybe Route 66.

I definitely see that even in comp.

What a shame though, this map is very pretty.

Anne

NiP refusing to play high ground, refusing to pick D.Va/Soldier, moving incredibly slowly into fights when they have man advantage.

None of that makes any sense. The only reasonable answer is that their hero pool is the most shallow of any pro team, and that they haven't been scrimming enough with high level teams to have strats prepared for this.

vypek

I have the game physically but have been thinking about giving someone my copy. If I buy the digital copy from PSN will that be enough to play the game with no issues or do I have to delete the current installation and download a new one?

exYle

I don't see how Sombra is the hardest to kill.

Although maybe it's because I tend to play characters that counter her.

Well, if she has a nest that is. If a Sombra is attacked and she hasn't set up her teleporter, then she's dead. But doing her hit and run tactics? She's basically invincible for 15 seconds with a 6 second cool down.

Apathy

Well, if she has a nest that is. If a Sombra is attacked and she hasn't set up her teleporter, then she's dead. But doing her hit and run tactics? She's basically invincible for 15 seconds with a 6 second cool down.

The hit an run mentality is one most people don't play her as. Everyone thinks shes going to hold her own and do massive damage when shes there to disrupt. A good sombra will do that and just be an annoyance to the opposite team

Anne

The hit an run mentality is one most people don't play her as. Everyone thinks shes going to hold her own and do massive damage when shes there to disrupt. A good sombra will do that and just be an annoyance to the opposite team

A good Sombra will be doing this while building ult in 30 seconds apparently :p

Jarate

Banned
Honestly Sombra just feels really off as a character. She builds ult way to fast, which is really her best use. Her hacking of health packs is really annoying to deal with, her teleport to health pack is also super annoying to deal with, and her invisibility skill is pretty much only useful if you need to run to the front lines faster.

I'd like to see her reworked tbh. Her hacking ability should be used on other players more (I've basically stopped trying to use her to hack other players, health pack hacking is too useful for your team on defense) there should be more incentive to hack other players (I think it takes too long to hack players) Her gun does pretty shoddy DPS tbh, and her useful, and her usefulness comes from running back and forth between health pack camps which isn't really that fun to deal with.

Also, sorry I haven't been posting much here, I took a break from OW for a bit.

exYle

Honestly Sombra just feels really off as a character. She builds ult way to fast, which is really her best use. Her hacking of health packs is really annoying to deal with, her teleport to health pack is also super annoying to deal with, and her invisibility skill is pretty much only useful if you need to run to the front lines faster.

I'd like to see her reworked tbh. Her hacking ability should be used on other players more (I've basically stopped trying to use her to hack other players, health pack hacking is too useful for your team on defense) there should be more incentive to hack other players (I think it takes too long to hack players) Her gun does pretty shoddy DPS tbh, and her useful, and her usefulness comes from running back and forth between health pack camps which isn't really that fun to deal with.

Also, sorry I haven't been posting much here, I took a break from OW for a bit.

Hack a Reaper and watch him panic =)

But yeah, there's very few characters that are good to hack. Reaper, Ana, and the tanks are usually the only worthwhile ones.

Lol, tanks in this game might as well be dps

I feel like Winston is the most well-adjusted tank in the game. He serves his function as a tank, and he can be dangerous but only to specific people and can easily get screwed if you're not playing him properly.

But the other four are basically DPS with way more health at this point and something needs to be done.

I feel like Winston is the most well-adjusted tank in the game. He serves his function as a tank, and he can be dangerous but only to specific people and can easily get screwed if you're not playing him properly.

But the other four are basically DPS with way more health at this point and something needs to be done.

Reinhardt is a DPS character? Really? D. Va and Zarya, I'll grant you, but literally Reinhardt's whole Hat is standing in front of the push and taking hits.

Apathy

Fully agree with you

Anne

I'm gonna throw out a theory. In Reinforce's little story about the patch hitting in Korea, he mentioned that they were running pick heavy comps early on. A lot of analysts and top players saw the patch and thought that things like that would work. Then, Rogue ran into Korean tank heavy teams that completely decimated them right before they played in APEX quarters. They got shook, felt unprepared, and just ran with these crazy dive comps. As we now know Korea is completely overan by D.Va/Ana/Roadhog type comps.

I'm going to guess that Misfits never ran into that problem outside of NiP. The top two teams from Europe (Rogue and Reunited) are not around, Misfits is def contender for the #2 spot, and Europe doesn't have Anas and D.Vas nearly as strong as what you see in Korea. So they only had to deal with NiP, and as we've seen NiP is actually kinda shitty. They don't have the D.Va/Ana stuff going on. So Misfits just developed this pick heavy team in isolation of what was happening in Korean meta. They are so good they can just kinda do it in that region. Fnatic are pretty good, but they have severe communication issues (check all the insider opinions on them) and seem fairly new to running this type of comp.

I'd kill to see a team that is being formed in Korean meta meet up with a team that has been forming in EU meta this patch cycle. Envy is in this weird position of having EU players that are all playing against the Korean teams with a stand in that gives them the perfect Korean meta line up.

The shake ups for rosters this event are also showing. Misfits is missing Kryw, and they lost Zaprey awhile ago. Fnatic is down IDDQD. So things def have been influenced by that too. The rest of the teams there are kinda meh outside of NiP. NiP had some flexibility and play book issues of their own that ended up getting them. It's all kind of messy.

Nimby

Banned
Roadhog is essentially a DPS hero. I agree with Anne though, they should nerf Ana first before nerfing tanks in general. Ana enables these types of comps because she is so broken.

Top Bottom