• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Reinhardt is a DPS character? Really? D. Va and Zarya, I'll grant you, but literally Reinhardt's whole Hat is standing in front of the push and taking hits.

Three swings of his hammer and he kills most Offense/Defense characters.75 damage a swing, 1 swing per second = 225 in 3 seconds. Compare that to Genji who does 28 per star, which would be 252 in 3 seconds. He's able to output nearly the same damage in the same amount of time as a DPS oriented hero.

I'd agree that he's more balanced than D.Va / Zarya / Roadhog for sure, but considering how big the hitbox is on his hammer and how most every character has the same speed, he can do pretty serious damage if he's not just standing around with his shield up. There's a reason Reinhardt was one of the main choices to be nano-boosted by Ana.

Anne

How come C9 didn't play in this tourney, did they just to qualify?

It's in Sweden and they weren't an invite team. So they'd have to fly to Sweden and go through BYOC open quals. Why bother?

They've also gone through major shake ups lately and the new patch is all kinds of scary. I'm sure they're busy preparing for MLG Vegas instead.

Edit: By not invited I mean they didn't qualify :v They lost to coL and FaZe. I completely forgot about all of that nonsense. It was like a week after they replaced half their team or something.

Alucrid

Banned
Three swings of his hammer and he kills most Offense/Defense characters.75 damage a swing, 1 swing per second = 225 in 3 seconds. Compare that to Genji who does 28 per star, which would be 252 in 3 seconds. He's able to output nearly the same damage in the same amount of time as a DPS oriented hero.

I'd agree that he's more balanced than D.Va / Zarya / Roadhog for sure, but considering how big the hitbox is on his hammer and how most every character has the same speed, he can do pretty serious damage if he's not just standing around with his shield up. There's a reason Reinhardt was one of the main choices to be nano-boosted by Ana.

sure, but the biggest boon to rein was the 50% speed increase which has gone the way of the dinosaur

Anne

Buds has a Tracer?

Also Rein still gets nano sometimes because he's unkillable with it and deals upwards of 100 a swing. If there is a set up for him to swing (Earthshatter) you just give it to him still. Generally better to give it to a visor or sword or RH ult though.

antitrop

Buds has a Tracer?

Also Rein still gets nano sometimes because he's unkillable with it and deals upwards of 100 a swing. If there is a set up for him to swing (Earthshatter) you just give it to him still. Generally better to give it to a visor or sword or RH ult though.
At least pros play Lucio to be able to speed boost a nano'd Rein. I want to know why Anas are still giving it to Reins in QP, when no one plays Lucio.

Like, it's so sad to see a blue Rein just kind of walking around in circles with no one to swing at.

Anne

I need Misfits to lose here just to keep Widowmaker out of my online games.

Edit: Now everybody gonna try to be Zebbosai

Fancolors

And yet he needs to come close to deal damage. All the Offense/Defense heroes, with the exception of Bastion and Torb, have some sort of mobility or CC that Rein can't do much about by himself unless he has his ult up. Just because he can deal damage, it doesn't mean he will. Specially now that nanoboost got nerfed (not that it isn't ridiculous anymore, just that Rein stopped being the default target).

Rein has problems, but damage is not one of them.

ramyeon

My internet has been playing up for the last two nights, leading to lots of disconnects. Been in a constant state of penalized XP because of it :/

TheExodu5

Banned

Mercy can deal 300 damage in 3 seconds. Doesn't mean she's a good DPS.

ISOM

If you're getting constantly fucked up by Rein as a DPS or healer then it's because you keep making mistakes.

Nimby

Banned
Mercy can deal 300 damage in 3 seconds. Doesn't mean she's a good DPS.

Slow moving small projectile vs. wide swinging, AoE melee attack

+ a good charge can instantly remove someone from a fight

It doesn't have to be a mistake either, in the middle of a brawl Rein is a good source of DPS.

Anne

Rein isn't a DPS, but to say he's not good at fighting and killing people is false. 100 damage projectile that can hit multiple people. If something gets pinned, it dies. Hammer swings hurt like hell. Earthshatter is pretty insane.

I don't think he's some actual DPS replacement like Roadhog or Zarya have been, but he does do a whole lot for a tank. I think he's a non issue in an environment where Ana isn't allowing a team of tanks to extend out into fights.

Apathy

They can't practice a new character in QP?

that would be fine if at any point hey translocated behind enemy lines, hacked any medkits, did something other than stand with us trying to break a point unstealthed shooting their gun. Thats the opposite of practicing a character

really wish we could go back to a world where mei wasn't an instant pick, her ult charge needs to go way down and the size needs to go back to the old size, it's impossible to get on a point to contest it if used at the end. Everything should have a counterplay

Rein isn't a DPS, but to say he's not good at fighting and killing people is false. 100 damage projectile that can hit multiple people. If something gets pinned, it dies. Hammer swings hurt like hell. Earthshatter is pretty insane.

I get the feeling that Rein can either be a decent "just stand here and shield" distraction, or get onto some next level shit when he is played well. Players who call out their shields, don't charge away from their team and actually use their Fire Strike effectively make such a difference.

I also didn't realize that the Fire Strike did 100 damage until I nailed a Rip Tire with it today. Felt good.

Magwik

Banned
I get the feeling that Rein can either be a decent "just stand here and shield" distraction, or get onto some next level shit when he is played well. Players who call out their shields, don't charge away from their team and actually use their Fire Strike effectively make such a difference.

I also didn't realize that the Fire Strike did 100 damage until I nailed a Rip Tire with it today. Felt good.
On the flip side, missing that fire strike on a rip tire is a death sentence

Apathy

On an unrelated note: we are supposed to be getting a group up option with matchmade teammates right?

Yup, next patch, when a match is over and you're seeing the cards and stats, on the bottom right is a thing that says "stay with team" and everyone on the team can click it if they want. when the timer finishes it puts all those people that said yes get put into a gorup for the next match

TheExodu5

Banned
Really annoying when people just complain non-stop when I go Widow. Gold elims, gold damage. You didn't want to tank or heal. You have no reason to complain.

Magwik

Banned
Yep. Will either be in the next update or next year.

Yup, next patch, when a match is over and you're seeing the cards and stats, on the bottom right is a thing that says "stay with team" and everyone on the team can click it if they want. when the timer finishes it puts all those people that said yes get put into a gorup for the next match
This should have been there at launch, but regardless will go a long way with shaping up the quickplay and soloplay metas

caesar

Banned

I'm not sure what you're arguing here, Reinhardt is a free kill in most 1v1 situations because he has a melee attack and his damage has nothing to do with it.

Blu(e)

Comp mode is still there to play if you really care.

Kind of had a change of heart with Sombra. I still don't like her weapon, but having a silence is really useful in conjunction with her stealth.

I wish they kept you in team chat though.... group chat is a disgrace

Satch

Banned
This is so boring without competitve. It's like I know its bad for me, but I can't live without it.

yeah, comp at its worst is still not as bad as quickplay can be

ive been doing other things while we wait until comp comes back. kinda sucks we didnt have a chance to do placements while we're all doing thanksgiving break lol

AbaFadi

Banned

Kind of had a change of heart with Sombra. I still don't like her weapon, but having a silence is really useful in conjunction with her stealth.

I played that comp mode for three games and it was basically qp but you can't leave and join a different match lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

People leave comp mode all the time since there's no consequence and thus there's barely a full game in my experience.

Granted my experience was only one session but it was enough to make me go "Nah, I'll wait."

I bought the pc version of Overwatch 🙂🙂🙂🙂
Ive never played a pc fps moving from ps4 to pc any tips?
Ive pretty much just turned off mouse acceleration.

Im excited to learn the game all over again after 270hours!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bought all the TF2 starter packs because I was out of the game for a long time and it's kind of crazy that the total combined was more than the base game of Overwatch

The Starter packs are only weapon unlocks.

I bought the pc version of Overwatch ��������
Ive never played a pc fps moving from ps4 to pc any tips?
Ive pretty much just turned off mouse acceleration.

Im excited to learn the game all over again after 270hours!

I played it on PC around my cousins house yesterday and all I can say is it'll take a lot of practice without any prior PC FPS experience lol. I kept inputting the wrong keys to trigger my abilities lol. I'm probably gonna buy parts for a PC tomorrow so may also be hopping on the PC train :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also man nothing in OW compares to the micromanaging of an engineer in tf2. unfortunately its not viable at high level play but just funning around you're so versatile with stuff like the rescue ranger and the wrangler.

torb and symmetra just feel shallow by comparison

Lunaniem

Bought all the TF2 starter packs because I was out of the game for a long time and it's kind of crazy that the total combined was more than the base game of Overwatch

The Starter packs are only weapon unlocks.

Buying from the TF2 store is a bad idea, you can use a bot that will trade you every weapon in the game for less than 2 keys ($5).

Top Bottom