• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Skii

I bought the pc version of Overwatch 🙂🙂🙂🙂
Ive never played a pc fps moving from ps4 to pc any tips?
Ive pretty much just turned off mouse acceleration.

Im excited to learn the game all over again after 270hours!

Generally, DPI should be around 800 and in game sensitivity at around 7. But go into the practice range and just try to track the moving bots with your mouse. If you're overshooting, tone it down, if you can't keep up, up the sens.

I think movement is going to be the biggest barrier initially. It's really difficult going from analog to WASD. Plus you'll probably mishit keys from time to time until you're adjusted. And just be ready for Widows and Hanzos to actually be good on PC.

It's took me around a month to get used to the controls but the game is far superior on PC so it's definitely worth investing your time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I did the Total Mayhem brawl yesterday for the first time. That mode is ridiculous with some characters, like Mei who can freeze and heal herself so much she can stop a payload from moving by her own for a very long time.

Kito

I bought the pc version of Overwatch ��������

Set the in-game sensitivity to 4. Set the DPI of the mouse to 1600. (If you don't have a gaming mouse, I recommend DeathAdder Chroma. It has two thumb buttons and a tactile scroll wheel; you can map up to 4 keys.)

Ignore the temptation to use a console controller. Practice with m/kb, it'll feel natural in 1-2 weeks.

I played it on PC around my cousins house yesterday and all I can say is it'll take a lot of practice without any prior PC FPS experience lol. I kept inputting the wrong keys to trigger my abilities lol. I'm probably gonna buy parts for a PC tomorrow so may also be hopping on the PC train :p

Generally, DPI should be around 800 and in game sensitivity at around 7. But go into the practice range and just try to track the moving bots with your mouse. If you're overshooting, tone it down, if you can't keep up, up the sens.

I think movement is going to be the biggest barrier initially. It's really difficult going from analog to WASD. Plus you'll probably mishit keys from time to time until you're adjusted. And just be ready for Widows and Hanzos to actually be good on PC.

It's took me around a month to get used to the controls but the game is far superior on PC so it's definitely worth investing your time.

Set the in-game sensitivity to 4. Set the DPI of the mouse to 1600. (If you don't have a gaming mouse, I recommend DeathAdder Chroma. It has two thumb buttons and a tactile scroll wheel; you can map up to 4 keys.)

Ignore the temptation to use a console controller. Practice with m/kb, it'll feel natural in 1-2 weeks.

Thanks Ill try both those settings out to see what gels easier. I went into buying a pc knowing its going to take a while for things to start feeling natural so i plan to stick with it.

moerser

I bought the pc version of Overwatch 🙂🙂🙂🙂

dont listen to people giving you dpi and sens settings. try it out for yourself and lower it until youre comfortable.

For sensitivity get a ruler and measure on your mouse pad how far you have to push your mouse to do a 360 degree turn. 10 inches is a good starting point to learn.

To get used to it at first pick two spaces on a wall and flick your aim between them. Then to set tracking hold the aim on a fixed point on the wall and move around. If you are always going under or over and feel you are having problems then adjust settings.

The advantage of measuring instead of copying settings is now you have your own "bespoke" measurement that you can remember if you switch hardware or games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think all that ruler stuff is necessary. Just play at what you're at now and slowly but surely lower it until you find something that's inbetween a fine tune aim and quick movement for you.

Torokil

CyR6cAgWQAAgi9v.jpg

https://twitter.com/TaZzeRK/status/802901320890019840

LVL 1800 REACHED ! World First without account sharing ? EU/US/KR First ! 6 months of intensive rush... THANKS EVERYONE !

Good lord.

Anne

One of the top posts on Reddit this morning is a joke about Sombra being bad :x

Blizzard pls don't buff her rn ;~;

Just had the worst experience I've ever had in this game. Heck, it was one of if not the worst I've ever had in online multiplayer generally, ever since I hooked up my PS2 back in 2004 or whatever.

So I join an off season competitive ranked match.

For whatever reason, most of my team fail to connect or leave very early on. Three of us connect, the others I don't know what happened to them. The match is 3 vs 6 and decides to start, despite not having enough players to play.

My other team mates leave. We can't win a 3 vs 6, it's not happening. I don't blame them, the match is almost unwinnable and feels pointless, besides it's off season so who cares.

I'm left alone, and decide to play it out for a minute or two. Manage one or two kills but it doesn't matter because there's 6 of them and 1 of me. There's no way I could have any impact here. As we get pushed to the final payload location, I leave the match. The rest of my team did so why not, I don't want to be here, it's not in my interest, it's not fun, and I can't do anything against a 6 man team.

After leaving a 1 vs 6 which shouldn't have even started, I'm told I have a 14 match quitting penalty, despite never quitting a ranked game before. So because the game fucked up, I'm being told that I owe Bungie at least 3 hours of my time, to erase a mistake that they made? Screw that, what a messed up system.

It wasn't even a ranked game. It's off season.

Anyone up? Need to step up my friends list game.

BaronLundi#2670

I play on both US and EU servers.

I'll add you. I've got nobody on my friends list. My tag is FlameBeaver by the way.

EDIT: Are you Level 78 or 76? I'm getting two results when I search for you for some reason.

Is it me or is Numbani much easier to defend than to attack? Often the attackers don't even get the payload moving. I'm pretty new but a lot of matches I've had this has been the case.

Blues1990

Seagull streams conditioned me to hit tab nonstop

god I miss Seagull

You're making it sound like he's dead. :p

Is it me or is Numbani much easier to defend than to attack? Often the attackers don't even get the payload moving. I'm pretty new but a lot of matches I've had this has been the case.

Capturing the control point is the most difficult portion for the attacking team. If the defenders have a very good setup dealing with a frontal attack, I've found it very effective to get the entire team to flank around the far backside of the building on the far left (as facing Point A).

I would strongly recommend setting up on the actual point, making use of the higher ground, and playing it to your advantage. The same applies to both attack and defense.

Auctopus

I feel like this game is going to eventually die out on console. It now takes forever to get a match and all the matches I've got in to, the level of play is so low. Maybe it's cause it's off-season and people are just messing around.

I'll add you. I've got nobody on my friends list. My tag is FlameBeaver by the way.

EDIT: Are you Level 78 or 76? I'm getting two results when I search for you for some reason.

Weird. Forgot to mention it was on PC (I'm 79 now). Can't find you either, what's your battlenet#?

Skii

The best part is after all that time, he's only at diamond level. Just goes to show time means very little in this game.

Zekes!

I've been finding matchmaking on the PS4 arcade to be kind of a pain. Keep getting into matches only to be kicked because there's not enough players. I wonder if the influx of modes has spread people out too much.

Maybe I should just stick to Quick and Comp play, but those easy loot boxes are hard to pass up

Gurrry

One of the top posts on Reddit this morning is a joke about Sombra being bad :x

Blizzard pls don't buff her rn ;~;

After playing her alot, I have to say that her damage is pretty weak compared to all the other DPS heros. She really isnt a damage character. Shes more of a support/utility hero.

Not saying she needs a buff, but she isnt nearly as strong as I thought she was when I first watched all those blizzcon streams.

Skii

He forfeited his social life for 6 months so he could have a gold portrait on a game.

He's better than all of us combined.

Fancolors

If possible the only thing I'd buff on Sombra is the spread, either reduce it or require less time to reset. Dunno if she truly needs buffs or it's just that no one figured how to be effective with tho

Top Bottom