• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

AbaFadi

Banned
This game is a total mess right now. Everybody picks shit and no one cares about winning.

Qp is the same as it has always been. I'm just ready to start season 3 already. The only thing qp is good for is learning the mechanics of a new character.

Anne

If possible the only thing I'd buff on Sombra is the spread, either reduce it or require less time to reset. Dunno if she truly needs buffs or it's just that no one figured how to be effective with tho

People have figured out how to be effective with her. EMP health pack cheese is good, and people are actually starting to do things like hack tanks then dive backlines hella hard. She actually deals enough damage even to start draining down tanks since the spread doesn't impact her accuracy against them as much.

Tbh I thought hacking tanks would be harder than it is and not worth much, but on certain maps it's kinda silly.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
People have figured out how to be effective with her. EMP health pack cheese is good, and people are actually starting to do things like hack tanks then dive backlines hella hard. She actually deals enough damage even to start draining down tanks since the spread doesn't impact her accuracy against them as much.

Tbh I thought hacking tanks would be harder than it is and not worth much, but on certain maps it's kinda silly.

I always thought her kit is going to be good as a tank buster.

I'm kinda hoping she gets more depth than just health pack cheese though.

Laputa_94

I may not be playing this game to 4am as of the past couple weeks, but hey I bought this Tracer POP! figure at least.

gynmmqZ.jpg

There's probably a lot of new players (like me) from the free weekend. I don't always know best picks for maps, besides covering the obvious bases.

New players have very low MMR, so they won't be matched with veteran players, thus that's no concern :)

It's quick play, nothing is on the line.

^ This is the real reason.

I still try my very best to win even in QP, but losing isn't as serious.

Skii

Soldier is just too good. You can flank with him because he out DPS other close range heroes. I dont get great value from tactical visor because I keep jumping from the top rope like he's Reaper lol. Need to play it like a high noon.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Holy fucking hell, QP is a disaster today.

Just insufferable. It's like winning isn't even a desire for anyone.

I get it - I get it - it's Quick Play. But man, I'd at least to see some semblance of intelligence when I play. Normally I'd indulge this post with paragraphs of examples, but it's not even worth it.

Instead, after four hours of play today, here's what I was impressed by:

- A Mercy got a 5-man res
- One of our Widows was really good

... every other bit of my experience today has been miserable.

Blues1990

Fucked up thing is that reinhardt is at the worst spot he's ever been in lmao.

It's even weirder when he's considered to be one of the more balanced heroes in the game's roster. Like, he's one of the few heroes that hasn't received any buffs/debuffs since the game had launched.

Antiwhippy

He pairs well with Soldier too. Tank meta is real though. Only 2 DPS above 14% pick rate.(Soldier and Tracer) And Tracer is only that high because Soon played Tracer the whole time.

Yet the team that won ran 3 DPS or 2-2-2 with zebbo flexing between zarya and widow.

Yet the team that won ran 3 DPS or 2-2-2 with zebbo flexing between zarya and widow.

True, but I don't think that would've worked against the stronger teams.(Rogue, Envy, Korean teams) Hell, I kinda feel like they lucked out since they didn't have to play NiP. That was probably a better matchup for Fnatic.

Antiwhippy

True, but I don't think that would've worked against the stronger teams.(Rogue, Envy, Korean teams) Hell, I kinda feel like they lucked out since they didn't have to play NiP. That was probably a better matchup for Fnatic.

Yeah I really want to watch them clash with the korean meta right now. Would be interesting to see which one wins out.

Misfits has been winning lans while defying the meta though, defining it sometimes. Definitely shouldn't underestimate them.

darklin0

Banned

I get it - I get it - it's Quick Play. But man, I'd at least to see some semblance of intelligence when I play. Normally I'd indulge this post with paragraphs of examples, but it's not even worth it.

Rule of thumb on weekend play: If you are not queueing up with friends you are going to have a bad time.

If possible the only thing I'd buff on Sombra is the spread, either reduce it or require less time to reset. Dunno if she truly needs buffs or it's just that no one figured how to be effective with tho

The times I've played her were pretty effective, and I'm still figuring her out. Got almost thirty kills in my last match.

A pretty successful loop for me is to hang high. Try and hack a Tank or front line attacker then throw the teleporter in another high location. Once that's down I dive behind the enemies lines and either hack their health kits or kill anyone that doesn't notice me. When I'm spotted or my time is low I warp back to a safe spot and repeat the process.

Still have a lot to learn though. But it's worked well enough so far.

ramyeon

QP always sucks.

Whenever I try to communicate or try to get some form of strategy going I get messages shit like "It's just quick play fgt" and shit along those lines.

Truly terrible.

TrueBlue

Sombra: "Sometimes I get a little sick after using my translocator. I'm sure you know what I mean Tracer."

Tracer: "Won't be a problem if you just disappear forever."

Out of all the datamined interactions, this one still amuses me for how strangely harsh it is for Tracer. Not even Widowmaker gets that level of abuse.

jediyoshi

Sombra: "Sometimes I get a little sick after using my translocator. I'm sure you know what I mean Tracer."

Tracer: "Won't be a problem if you just disappear forever."

Out of all the datamined interactions, this one still amuses me for how strangely harsh it is for Tracer. Not even Widowmaker gets that level of abuse.
tsundere otp

ElyrionX

So I watched a bit of the Dreamhack matches this weekend. Yeah, this (like all the other FPSes out there) will never make it as a spectator sport. There's too much going on too quickly and the first person perspective does not make for good viewing at all.

So I watched a bit of the Dreamhack matches this weekend. Yeah, this (like all the other FPSes out there) will never make it as a spectator sport. There's too much going on too quickly and the first person perspective does not make for good viewing at all.

That and the fact that there's 12 different perspectives going on at once, compared to a fighting game or even a MOBA where a big team fight can be viewed easily as a spectator. FPS e-sports will only ever be as big as its playerbase, roughly. Though I think the game, and perhaps even the genre, that is really going to catapult esports into the mainstream has yet to be made.

Blues1990

Do we have a spreadsheet of all the NeoGAF Overwatch players? I need to re-add everyone on my friends list (PC Version, in my case), on account they have been removed.

I-hate-u

If you think about it, the prespective will almost always be on the DPS(s) with the occasional shift to a Roadhog hooking someone or the off tank getting a nanoboost. That makes things a bit easier to manage.

Top Bottom