• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

When people quit out of a competitive match what is their penalty? Is it any kind of significant deterrent?

Our team got the payload almost to the end of the level and then it was our turn to defend... Two people quit out.

Wow.

I mean, I wonder if they thought we had lost already?

When people quit out of a competitive match what is their penalty? Is it any kind of significant deterrent?

Our team got the payload almost to the end of the level and then it was our turn to defend... Two people quit out.

Wow.

I mean, I wonder if they thought we had lost already?

It depends on how often someone leaves. I had my internet crap out on me in the middle of a match once and I got a 10-minute ban from competitive mode. Supposedly if it happens more there's a -75% XP penalty for a while and if it goes on further you can get banned from competitive mode for the rest of the season.

raw

raw

raw

we did it guys and gals

first we take the game awards, then we take the gaf awards #believe

we did it guys and gals

first we take the game awards, then we take the gaf awards #believe

GAF Awards is going to be interesting. I have hopes for Overwatch, but it has stiff competition in Uncharted 4 and Doom around these parts. Plus there's probably going to be an FFXV and Last Guardian push here late.

We'll see though! It's got my vote for sure - can't play a game for over 200 hours and not think it's my personal GOTY.

GAF Awards is going to be interesting. I have hopes for Overwatch, but it has stiff competition in Uncharted 4 and Doom around these parts. Plus there's probably going to be an FFXV and Last Guardian push here late.

We'll see though! It's got my vote for sure - can't play a game for over 200 hours and not think it's my personal GOTY.

I liked both DOOM and UC4 too but out of those three I'd hope UC4 takes it the least solely because it doesn't place its main focus on gameplay and ND-GAF can be insufferable.

ISOM

Just had the most annoying match in a long time on ranked. Had a Widowmaker on the other team that seemed to be a pro because they were hitting every damn headshot and wiping our team. But what really irritated me was that we started off a Koth map with Symmetra and Torborn...

Then finally my team decides to play for real and it's still a struggle because of this Widow. I had to go to D.Va and chase her around the map just to win. Fucking don't even think about buffing Widow anymore Blizzard.

ZangBa

Went 7-3 with a friend and placed 3039, which is 13 points higher than my highest last season. It was also my last SR when it ended. I didn't play comp much last season. My friend, similarly, was only a few points below her highest last season around 3200.

I was expecting like 2100 since they said it would place most people lower. I placed around 2300 last season and worked my way up solo to about 2950 pretty easily, then grouped with the aforementioned friend for the rest.

Oh, and I played Support half the games and Tank the other half, no DPS. She was Lucio every game.

ohkay

I was doing a placement and would wonder why I would never get any harmony orbs from our Zenyatta, even when I asked for healing. At the end of the game, I looked up his stats and it turned out he placed in the 1700s in S2, ended in the 1600s and that answered my question. He was grouped with a S2 diamond probably trying to carry him higher in placements.

I mean, TGAs were trash but I think it is undeniable that Overwatch is GOTY. probably no other game released this year will have its legs, community or impact.

I mean, TGAs were trash but I think it is undeniable that Overwatch is GOTY. probably no other game released this year will have its legs, community or impact.

Truth. Also no game has made me feel more like a part of the GAF community like Overwatch has - while I know a lot of people complain that the overall Overwatch community can be toxic and awful, the GAF Overwatch crew is pretty awesome and I have a blast hanging out and playing with the PS4 crew.

Pachimari is understandably hyped about it.
I'm so jealous ;_;
Pachimaris in Hanamura's arcade make the weirdest noises when they ricochet off the ground.

Try it. You'll see.
Good
Truth. Also no game has made me feel more like a part of the GAF community like Overwatch has - while I know a lot of people complain that the overall Overwatch community can be toxic and awful, the GAF Overwatch crew is pretty awesome and I have a blast hanging out and playing with the PS4 crew.
Yep, I haven't even really played with anyone on GAF but I read every post whenever I check the thread, it's usually interesting discussion or conversation or anecdotes.

they're usually all over the floor in Hanamura attack, arcade. xD
Oh I've seen them, just don't know what they are/where they're from. Is it solely an overwatch thing? Were they in other Blizzard games too? It's been ages since I've played wow or starcraft but I don't remember them in diablo so I guess I'll assume yes.

Man I really want my weekly loot boxes but I hate arcade already. Pls tie them to qp and comp too blizzard

Nimby

Banned
Gold tier 4-stack ran straight meta and owned us. It's so bad, had no idea what to do as Rein.

Almost 2700 though. Hope I can make it to diamond this time.

Seriously why the fuck did they tie wins to the "who gives a fuck" portion of the game

It should either be games played for a loot box or just have it be applicable for all modes

Owzers

I'd enjoy playing as Lucio more if my wallriding didnt result in me getting awkwardly stuck on walls unable to get over them or skate on them. This is why I'm a Mercy main, press a button and fly.

Seriously why the fuck did they tie wins to the "who gives a fuck" portion of the game

It should either be games played for a loot box or just have it be applicable for all modes

So people actually play those modes lol. I could imagine the playerbase in Arcade drying up real fast without that lootbox incentive.

So people actually play those modes lol. I could imagine the playerbase in Arcade drying up real fast without that lootbox incentive.
So what, as long as people are playing their game why does it matter what people play

I'm sick of playing these shitty ass modes that I have to actually win to get a reward from

Like shit they could increase it to 5 games per lootbox if it was just games played instead

AbaFadi

Banned
I've been playing Overwatch on my new laptop for a bit. Forgot how every match has to have a Bastion at early levels, and how nobody knows how to deal with it.

Moonkeis

The placement matches are a waste of time. They might as well continue your rank from the previous season without the 10 matches every season. I went 8-2 and ended up at the same rank for gold. That's fine but why should anyone make an effort in placement matches? It was pairing me with all plat players during placements.

Most of my buddies are usually around Plat and Diamond and when I do get to group with a few, the level of play is the same ol. I'm curious to see where I end up if I create a new account. I'm not saying it should be a jump to some crazy rank but at least into high plat.

Satch

Banned
whats up with groups refusing to get into teamchat
literally just flat out lose games because i cant coordinate a nanoboost with some guy in their teamchat. shits super selfish

GOTY awards are going to be bloody at my outlet this year, as half of the staff is ready to vote for Overwatch, and the other half really doesn't want it to win.

Where do you work that GOTY awards are going to be "bloody" lol?

Anyway do you get penalties for leaving arcade games - specifically the brawl playlist. It's kind of a crapshoot on what you're gonna get and I don't wanna waste my time playing bad brawls.

whats up with groups refusing to get into teamchat
literally just flat out lose games because i cant coordinate a nanoboost with some guy in their teamchat. shits super selfish

I say this every day but team chat should be the default and it's baffling it isn't.

I was worried that I might not be able to main Tracer this comp season with all the balance changes, but I'm averaging 42 elims and have 89% win rate with her so far. Feelsgoodman.

Edit: Congrats to Blizz on that GOTY award. Well deserved.

Top Bottom