• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Went 9-1 in my placements. Ended up being placed in pretty much the exact same rank before last season ended. I could have used those 9 wins for ranking points instead if the game intended me to be at the same rank anyways!

Yeah you're right. I'm not really that bothered about golden weapons. There's a chance I might just stick with quick play anyway if comp gets too stressful. Really don't like getting abused by team mates! Especially when I don't think I'm playing that badly.

Don't pay attention to the toxic people - most of the time they'll complain about anyone who isn't them even if they're the worst player on the team.

Also play with GAFers in comp - we're much nicer and only yell if you try to play Torb on Eichenwalde defense.

So are the halloween items ever going to become available again? I missed out on getting Reapers PotG and I want it.

Also, are they ever going to offer anything other than gold weapons? Because I don't care about any of those.

They'll probably be available next Halloween. And so far Blizzard hasn't said anything about other comp point rewards. I'm sure there will be other things eventually but since your points cap out at 6000 they kind of force you to get some golden weapons at some point if they don't add anything else.

Sane_Man

Don't pay attention to the toxic people - most of the time they'll complain about anyone who isn't them even if they're the worst player on the team.

Also play with GAFers in comp - we're much nicer and only yell if you try to play Torb on Eichenwalde defense.

There definitely seems to be some correlation between truly bad players and toxic players!

I'll try and player with GAFers at some point for sure. I want to get a handle on a few more heroes before then though. I'm still quite new to the game (only level 30, played for a while on PS4 and now on PC). I hate the thought of being a burden.

Theorry

Quite a few of us can be a flex pick. Tbh it's good to have as many options.

For me it's the following:

Pharah
Dva
Reinhardt
Zarya
Lucio
Ana

Always have a dps tank and support as options at the bare minimum

I try to play with all characters (at least in QP) - aside from Sombra my lowest played character is Bastion but I still have 3+ hours with him.

As for competitive I try to have at least 2 characters in each category I'm competent with. Basically I will play Soldier/Reaper/Tracer for Offense, Junkrat/Mei for Defense, D.Va/Zarya for Tank and Lucio/Zen for Support, although I can play as Pharah/Winston/Ana in a pinch.

But I never have mains in any competitive game so I'm used to knowing how to play a lot of characters.

So far for me is it

Parah
Soldier 76
Junkrat
Roadhog
Zenyatta
Lucio
Mercy (but for some reason i am always in teams who dont protect me)

KiraFA37

Finished my placement matches and went 5 and 5. Of the 5 wins 3 were stomps, of the 5 losses 3 were stomps. I played 9 matches with a group (mostly grouped up with Azoor) and I solo-queued one match. During season 2 I was placed at the middle 2400s, got a high of 2747 and ended at 2683. After the season 3 placement matches I am at 2438. Which is kinda where I should be given the changes that were implemented. I'll be honest, I hoped to be atleast placed in platinum at the start but I think the system has placed me lower then I really should be. I played one more comp match before posting and I gained 50 SR to get 2488 SR. So one more win and I'm back where I want to be, although the goal is to reach diamond this season.

Shoutout to Azoor for grouping up with me, just a shame we couldn't continue playing since we got placed more than 1000 apart.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Went 9-1 in my placements. Ended up being placed in pretty much the exact same rank before last season ended. I could have used those 9 wins for ranking points instead if the game intended me to be at the same rank anyways!

Yeah, really. I went 8-2 and was pretty much in the same rank I ended the season at.

That way I could have been grouped up with people who are at least close to my playing ability than with people below mine.

I try to play with all characters (at least in QP) - aside from Sombra my lowest played character is Bastion but I still have 3+ hours with him.

As for competitive I try to have at least 2 characters in each category I'm competent with. Basically I will play Soldier/Reaper/Tracer for Offense, Junkrat/Mei for Defense, D.Va/Zarya for Tank and Lucio/Zen for Support, although I can play as Pharah/Winston/Ana in a pinch.

But I never have mains in any competitive game so I'm used to knowing how to play a lot of characters.

Huh, we nearly play the same characters haha. subtract Reaper for Pharah, and then add a Roadhog and Mercy for me. Though I tend to play hog more often than Zarya.

NeoRaider

My season two highest was 2484. I placed and then didn't touch it at all until the final week in which I had a Sunday where I lost exactly 1million matches in a row for every reason people get frustrated with playing solo queue. I dipped under 2000 that day. The next day and the next were MUCH better but ended up at 2182 in the end.

Placement matches for this season I just went ahead and did right away and got 3 losses, 1draw, and 6 wins.
Pretty OK I thought.

I got placed at 1780 or something like that. I'd never been so low. I'm just trying to play who I'm good at and fit my team the best I can while counter picking the other team and switching characters if I need to. So far I've been winning and rising up but I just know the random quitters and flimsy confidence team's are our there ready to be queued up with me.

I was really really hoping the "stay with team" button would be available for this season. It would be a great thing to get out as soon as possible.

I try to test how communicative my team is by just saying simple hellos and thank yous before a match. If they act like they're playing a solo game my hope for us certainly drops ��

Yeah so true, i agree with what you said.
Also it looks like no one wants to heal and everyone wants to be DPS. Every single match ppl fighting about heroes picks... ugh, annoying.

And yeah "stay with team" button would be nice. They need to add it ASAP.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Motherfuckers still quitting placements

COME THE FUCK ON!

Fucking assholes really now how to ruin the enjoyment of the game

Seriously if you quit, sorry, you should get automatic 5 losses placed and your Ranking destroyed

We were doing so fucking well

maouvin

These placement matches were among the worst experiences I ever had with Overwatch. Where did all those clueless people come from? Not even when I almost dropped to silver last season it was this bad.
3w and 7l later, ended at low plat - ended a mid plat last season, so that's ok. Now to climb to diamond.

Theorry

Not sure what his plan was.

Xgdrszt.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Motherfuckers still quitting placements

COME THE FUCK ON!

Fucking assholes really now how to ruin the enjoyment of the game

Seriously if you quit, sorry, you should get automatic 5 losses placed and your Ranking destroyed

We were doing so fucking well
It might be that their internet went out, and I know people will say that well they shouldn't playing ranked, but my counter argument is that (like in my case) my internet may go out six times a day for about 2-5 minuets each. That's about 2% total of the day. If I'm 98% likely to be fine while playing comp why should I not play?

Sullichin

It might be that their internet went out, and I know people will say that well they shouldn't playing ranked, but my counter argument is that (like in my case) my internet may go out six times a day for about 2-5 minuets each. That's about 2% total of the day. If I'm 98% likely to be fine while playing comp why should I not play?
Yeah man shit happens. You should be able to rejoin the match if it's only out for a couple of minutes anyway.

Veelk

Banned
I don't understand why people quit when the game is good.

We had a hard fought first match where the team kept us from the point nearly the entire time. Next round starts 3 of them are gone.

Why? It was a really close game. If they tied, we'd have 16 seconds to get to the point.

I'm got lucky and my teammates never quit on me, but like 4 of my placement games had people gone.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean shit happens. I've posted about it already, but I had a power outage after a really fast cap on anubis, managed to rejoin but we were at a disadvantage, but managed to win out in the end.

I don't understand why people quit when the game is good.

We had a hard fought first match where the team kept us from the point nearly the entire time. Next round starts 3 of them are gone.

Why? It was a really close game. If they tied, we'd have 16 seconds to get to the point.

I'm got lucky and my teammates never quit on me, but like 4 of my placement games had people gone.

I just had a game where 1 person quit on the other team because we pushed the payload like a minute faster than they did. I thank them for the free win since it got to me to Diamond :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I mean shit happens. I've posted about it already, but I had a power outage after a really fast cap on anubis, managed to rejoin but we were at a disadvantage, but managed to win out in the end.

I had my power go out during the setup period. Shit sucked. Got a 10 minute ban and a loss for my troubles. lol

LAM09

Can't stand people that persist using the same character and constantly dying. If something isn't working, change it up!

Hey guys, just got picked overwatch up for the PS4 last week and am looking to play with some people since random matches suck. If anyone would be willing to help me get better that would be awesome. I'll be around tonight so if there's a game happening sometime soon let me know!

7 matches with Mei, 2 with Lucio, 1 with Junkrat.

3013 SR. (2600 after placement in season 2)

Stayed most of last season hovering around 2800-2900, so close to diamond but never quite cutting it. So that feels fucking good, like I earned it. You won't hear me complain about the adjustments they made.

7 matches with Mei, 2 with Lucio, 1 with Junkrat.

3013 SR. (2600 after placement in season 2)

Stayed most of last season hovering around 2800-2900, so close to diamond but never quite cutting it. So that feels fucking good, like I earned it. You won't hear me complain about the adjustments they made.

Nice dude, welcome to DiamondGAF! :)

Playing my placement matches drinking after midnight was a mistake, I went like 6-3-1 but my play must not have been great because I ended up at 2505 when my high last season was 2879.

Oh well, time to just plug away and get better to improve back up!

Nice dude, welcome to DiamondGAF! :)

Thanks man :)

Kinda scared to go back to playing now because I don't wanna go under 3000 !

Hearing previous stories here about placement matches I'm going to assume I was a bit lucky. Never got put into a clueless team. Got a couple where no one would go healer, but that happened to be when we steamrolled the opponent.

Gonna miss the thrill of placement, there are some spectacular thrashings there (taking both objectives in Anubis under 2:00, for example) which I feel don't happen anywhere else.

Veelk

Banned
How reasonable would it be to permanently ban trolling Symmetra users from ever playing the game?

Pretty reasonable, I think.

I will say I'm seeming to have an easier time climbing, and losses don't seem to be dropping my rank as much as they used to. I started at 1806, and after two nights of matches have already climbed to 1920. Maybe I'll manage to climb up to Platinum and earn my golden gun this season after all.

ISOM

I will say I'm seeming to have an easier time climbing, and losses don't seem to be dropping my rank as much as they used to. I started at 1806, and after two nights of matches have already climbed to 1920. Maybe I'll manage to climb up to Platinum and earn my golden gun this season after all.

Kaplan said that at the start of season 3 you will gain big on wins and lose a little on losses but eventually the gains on wins won't be a big because the system will kind of know where you should be at so it gets harder to climb.

So basically if you want to climb ranks the best time to do it is now rather than in a couple of weeks or months.

Veelk

Banned
So ban the hero altogether? Jk, but seriously..
No, the heroes fine.

It's the dickholes who abuse it.

Honestly, this might be fixed if they allowed like an invisible ground off the teleport. It wouldn't really affect anyone, so...why not?

I never really felt like I played with complete idiots over and over again until season 3. Season 1 and 2, sure sometimes we'd be dominated, but we tried our best, we were just not as strong.
Season 3, I just keep playing with complete fools with no understanding how the game works. Trickling in is my biggest pet peeve - you don' talways need to group up for sure, but if you are going to attack alone a group of five players, you will die. That's just a fact.
Oh and the team of five going forward on defense without any healer.

Only consolation is I played a game where I was really dominating with Mei (got many congrats in team channel), and got a ana boost as her. Never had one before - pretty fun - super cancer for the other team.

cyborg009

Banned
I don't understand some guy plays torb on point two on temple of Anubis on dense (we lost both) and complains that the DPS sucks the next round. We probably could've tie if he was constantly putting the turret at the same spot.

Top Bottom