• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Went 7-2-1 in placements on the PS4, many of them felt great (had a great 43-3 match as Zarya at one point). I'm glad comp is back.

Beware my deadly 1864 SR of fury. I fell from 2200 - 1600 at one point last season. Hopefully getting to gold isn't as tough as it was then. Was absolutely a slog with shit teams.

As long as the games are good I'm not precious about my status.

cyborg009

Banned
I think I've been cursed in my placements by having supports that don't heal and just dps

It's always the ana and zen picks that screws me over. If I have to constantly spam for healing your not doing your job.

edit: I've even got a that achievement for healing with health packs.

It's always the ana and zen picks that screws me over. If I have to constantly spam for healing your not doing your job.

You know what annoys me? This dumb "Ana and Zen are fine" idea that seems to have permeated every few matches I play. No one who matters is running Ana and Zen. I have a 33% winrate on games where Ana and Zen were picked longer than 10 minutes at the same time.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Finally finished my placements, 7-3 and same rank as last season basically. Why waste my time doing that when I could have been moving up higher? Very discouraged here, as comp is stressful enough and it was pointless here.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, mercies, I'm sorry if I ever didn't pay attention to you, because now I'm playing them and jfc, it's hard out there for a young, blonde doctor to make her way.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Hey guys, it just hit me there is an Overwatch community thread here. What's up!.

In S2 I stopped playing right around SR2416, and then my rank auto-decayed to about SR2000 by the end of the season. So when I did S3 placement, I won 6, lost 3, and had 1 draw, and I got placed in Bronze.

Worked my way up to silver yesterday, and just made it to about ~1600. I'm looking for some solid players to climb with, mostly main DVA right now. lemme know if you wanna group up :)

Sprout#1186

Did all my placements. 5 wins, 4 losses, and a draw. Ended at a score lower than my lowest score last season.

GG OW see you next season; I'm going back to quick play and other matches I can just dick around in.

cyborg009

Banned
You know what annoys me? This dumb "Ana and Zen are fine" idea that seems to have permeated every few matches I play. No one who matters is running Ana and Zen. I have a 33% winrate on games where Ana and Zen were picked longer than 10 minutes at the same time.

Hell I've even seen bad mercy players.

Did all my placements. 5 wins, 4 losses, and a draw. Ended at a score lower than my lowest score last season.

GG OW see you next season; I'm going back to quick play and other matches I can just dick around in.

Don't give up man, I ended up at 2505 which was even worse then my S1 Rank, all it took was 3 wins and I'm at like 2690 already, just play and try to improve!

Blu(e)

Hey guys, it just hit me there is an Overwatch community thread here. What's up!.

In S2 I stopped playing right around SR2416, and then my rank auto-decayed to about SR2000 by the end of the season. So when I did S3 placement, I won 6, lost 3, and had 1 draw, and I got placed in Bronze.

Worked my way up to silver yesterday, and just made it to about ~1600. I'm looking for some solid players to climb with, mostly main DVA right now. lemme know if you wanna group up :)

Sprout#1186

I don't think SR decay kicks in under 3000 points so I'm not sure how that's possible.

Good luck climbing though.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.

This is the norm for everyone. I was gold last season, placed bronze. I got out of bronze quickly tho, and the games have felt very balanced.

I really hate the match making in this game from time to time.

Like when the game places you in a match with less then a minute left, the game ends your team loses kicks you back to match making because your entire team left the lobby

This season the MMR is intentionally giving lower SR's in general so people can climb. If they can't climb they've been placed in the right SR from the get go.

4-4 so far with my placements after losing the final 2 games due to horrific groups of 4 not even working together in both games. Topped out at just under 3200 last season, but seriously dreading my starting rank for this season now.

cyborg009

Banned
I hate being placed with groups the lack of communication just kills me. Rein keeps charging in the point and we can't help because of a mei wall this happens like 4 times...

I hate being placed with groups the lack of communication just kills me. Rein keeps charging in the point and we can't help because of a mei wall this happens like 4 times...

Nothing makes me lose hope in ever winning a match more than watching a Rein charge into the midst of an enemy group and get ripped to shreds. Because I know if he does it once, he's going to do it over... and over... and over again. Worst is when it happens within the first minute of the match; I already know that we're a dead team walking, and just have to painfully play it out.

Nimby

Banned
Rough fucking day. Got:

Stupid Hanzo picker instead of second support
Stupid Bastion picker who wouldn't play behind the Reinhardt shield
Stupid Junkrat picker who thought he could counter Bastion sitting in corner on Volskaya

Celcius

°Temp. member
Woot, bought the white armor for widowmaker. I wish there was a way to get the preorder skin without buying a 2nd hand code for $$.

So my Season 2 performance must have been worse than I remembered.

Because this was my first placement match group:

Cyul0HuVIAAFTpS.jpg:large

You know what's funny?

When I play seriously I lose. When I turn into a troll and pick Bastion/Torb, I either draw or win.

I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore.

Woot, bought the white armor for widowmaker. I wish there was a way to get the preorder skin without buying a 2nd hand code for $$.

check the bst thread on here

it's not great (most are selling it for $8) but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than eBay :p
So my Season 2 performance must have been worse than I remembered.

Because this was my first placement match group:

Cyul0HuVIAAFTpS.jpg:large
the widow + hanzo were totally going to switch after getting a pick, they swear

Mmmmm goddess D.Va is so good again. 34 slims in my second placement.

tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif

check the bst thread on here

it's not great (most are selling it for $8) but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than eBay :p

the widow + hanzo were totally going to switch after getting a pick, they swear
The Hanzo was actually okay, the Widow was trash as far as I could tell.

ISOM

4-4 so far with my placements after losing the final 2 games due to horrific groups of 4 not even working together in both games. Topped out at just under 3200 last season, but seriously dreading my starting rank for this season now.

You won't go down much from your previous season rank. Just think of your placements as 10 ranked matches from your last rank.

frye

4-6 and 2931, ended last season 3k on the dot

diamond was a bit frustrating to get season 2 and here I am one win away so that's pretty neat

You won't go down much from your previous season rank. Just think of your placements as 10 ranked matches from your last rank.

But but, at 6-3-1 I would've been up like 2-300 SR more than I was last rank lol.

Wonder why it put me so low.

Averaging like 60% WR today, Back up to 2350.

But but, at 6-3-1 I would've been up like 2-300 SR more than I was last rank lol.

Wonder why it put me so low.

Averaging like 60% WR today, Back up to 2350.

From what I've been seeing it seems to take into account your season low and high both. I'm still waiting for our group to get together for comp, but I should have a better idea about the system after that.

From what I've been seeing it seems to take into account your season low and high both. I'm still waiting for our group to get together for comp, but I should have a better idea about the system after that.

I had such a wide spread lol. Calibrated at 2450, peaked at 2600, then dropped to 2200 at one point. Ended up hugh 2300 at the end, despite hitting plat :/

Basically I played like 6-10 games a week and just went up and down lol.

Not like right now where I'm winning way more than I'm losing.

Azoor

No idea what happened, I got 6 wins and 4 loses and somehow I was placed bronze down from gold last season, no idea why.

I am just depressed right now and have no idea if I should even continue...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just did my placements and they were some of the worst OW games I've ever had. We were constantly getting put against Dva/Soldier and nobody on our team was picking them or anything good to fight them...and 8 out of the 10 matches were on the dumb 2cp maps. Also had a Mei that kept walling completetly wrong, saving enemies as they were near death by covering them and blocking me outside of a critial area as dva when I had ult...ugh. I was also getting scared seeing people already placed at gold on the other team beating me.

But despite all that and going 4-6 overall I somehow got Diamond at 3207...sure.

Crzy1

Well, fought against bad teams through my placements and my first 10 or so matches afterwards, but finally clawed my way up to diamond tonight thanks to some good teams that actually worked together. I don't think I'll make it to master playing solo, but happy that I got out of platinum after being stuck there for the duration of S2.

Trying to decide on my next gold weapon, I want Ana's or Mei's, I think. But after the patch, Pharah is a lot of fun to play again and damned effective. Have been eyeballing Zarya as well, but not sure I actually want hers since I don't play her nearly as much as I used to. Can't make a decision, almost grabbed Ana's earlier, but decided not to since I was on a winning streak. I'm also afraid they're going to take the nerf bat to her at some point.

Just did my placements and they were some of the worst OW games I've ever had. We were constantly getting put against Dva/Soldier and nobody on our team was picking them or anything good to fight them...and 8 out of the 10 matches were on the dumb 2cp maps. Also had a Mei that kept walling completetly wrong, saving enemies as they were near death by covering them and blocking me outside of a critial area as dva when I had ult...ugh. I was also getting scared seeing people already placed at gold on the other team beating me.

But despite all that and going 4-6 overall I somehow got Diamond at 3207...sure.

The game probably recognized that you weren't the problem.

No idea what happened, I got 6 wins and 4 loses and somehow I was placed bronze down from gold last season, no idea why.

I am just depressed right now and have no idea if I should even continue...

It shouldn't be too hard to climb back up. Two tiers down is a pretty big skill gap.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Holy hell harryhook.

That was fucking insane to watch how smoothly he tracked that. It's like he had tac visor 24/7.

caesar

Banned
Verbatim quote from the OW GOTY thread:

'Personally, this is bullshit. Multiplayer only games are like unfinished games to me. There's little point to things if a narrative isn't present to guide it along and provide motivation . Gaming is not only gameplay, but also a lot of other things.

I should add as well that I have played the game and found it wanting in the fun department. For FPS's they should have gone with DOOM. Now that's pure gameplay bliss with a narrative spine to it.'

Pls jeff do not ever make a single player mode.

Ended season 2 at around 3100 SR, went 3 wins - 6 losses - 1 draw on my placement matches. Got placed at over 3300, a little below my season 2 high. Feels good. Solo queue and went 6-4 and finally cracked 3500. Feels damn good!

Top Bottom