• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

🎄 C H R I S T M A S E V E N T 🎄

It seems that some people at Facepunch datamined some Chistmas stuff...

• There are 4 new map files, so we might get a PvE one and up to 3 themed maps like Hollywood during Halloween.
  • Sprays, Voiceline, Victory Pose for Everyone.
  • New Skin, Emote or Intro for: Widowmaker, Reinhardt, Mercy, Symmetra, Reaper, Sombra, Roadhog, D.Va, Ana, Soldier: 76 and Lúcio.
  • These ones will have two of them: Winston, McCree, Mei, Pharah, Zarya, Tracer and Zenyatta.
  • Torbjorn will have all three.

CtrlF "Genji"
"0" results

Genji: "My Christmas costume?
Cyborg Ninja"

:////////////

Won only 4 and lost 6 placement matches. Placed 1783!
My S2 highest was 2403, but finished S2 with 2204.

WTF is this mess?? 1783, really?

SaMe as me although i was 2299 last season and after losing 5 winning 4 and drawing 1 I placed with only 1740. Now im at 2100 and gold again 😀

xaosslug

What is so good about D-Va now then?

D.Va meshes very well w/ any team comp, even more so than Zarya. Especially now that S76 is in, and a terror at that. Pop her DM, and let any DPS character just go hog wild, basically. S76 and D.Va were a ridiculous team-up before their buffs, but now it's insanity. When more peeps catch onto D.Va + S76 = wins, and start to build around 'em... it's gonna be worse than the Zarya plague of S2. xD

🎄 C H R I S T M A S E V E N T 🎄

It seems that some people at Facepunch datamined some Chistmas stuff...

• There are 4 new map files, so we might get a PvE one and up to 3 themed maps like Hollywood during Halloween.
  • Sprays, Voiceline, Victory Pose for Everyone.
  • New Skin, Emote or Intro for: Widowmaker, Reinhardt, Mercy, Symmetra, Reaper, Sombra, Roadhog, D.Va, Ana, Soldier: 76 and Lúcio.
  • These ones will have two of them: Winston, McCree, Mei, Pharah, Zarya, Tracer and Zenyatta.
  • Torbjorn will have all three.

i know she's the face of the game, but damn... rich get richer... ;P

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I acutally believe that DVa is so prevalent now is because soldier is so fucking OP currently that you need a DVa to keep him in check. Like, not having DM for nano visor is tantamount to suicide.

I still think that she needs to either not have the 100HP or not have the movement buff (I'd rather keep the movement buff personally), but I don't think team are playing her because she's an overwhelmingly better choice to zarya or winston.

Veelk

Banned
I acutally believe that DVa is so prevalent now is because soldier is so fucking OP currently that you need a DVa to keep him in check. Like, not having DM for nano visor is tantamount to suicide.

I still think that she needs to either not have the 100HP or not have the movement buff (I'd rather keep the movement buff personally), but I don't think team are playing her because she's an overwhelmingly better choice to zarya or winston.

I feel this is the case. As much as I am loathe to nerf the objectively best character in the game, we can atleast experiment to see if she can live without one of those buffs if we just got Soldier back down to something reasonable.

I still don't understand why they buffed him to THAT extent. It's stupid. Meanwhile, characters that actually need that kind of buff are left to starve.

Kysen

If there is no Mercy skin, blizzard wont see a penny out of me at Christmas. Also a lazy ass skin like the Halloween 76/Sym ones wont cut it.

None of those reasons amount to jack for me. Communication is a fucking cesspool and the rules turn 1 game with crap players into 2.

I think I'll stick to quick play.
Fair enough, at least QP has no stacking now so it's a decent alternative finally.

However I'm on ps4 and I've encountered maybe 1 toxic player on mic total.

It does. I gained 480 in 4 games after placement. Sadly it's over now as I failed to reach diamond

Yeah the streak is over for me too.

I don't know who said that trying simple things like saying "Hello" at the beginning of a game and watch the responses was a good way to gauge if you were in a shitty team or not, but man that is so true.

Also, can Mei's ult actually be absorbed by D.VA's DM ? Are you fucking kidding me with this ?

Zacagawea

I have had an eventful Overwatch morning:
1.) Played in a game with pokelawls on my team. He whined and was toxic the entire time.
2.) I got to master!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should've gotten there earlier but life as a rein main can be hard...

Moonkeis

I was in a 3v3 match earlier with 2 Korean players and for no reason, the guy starts boasting his buddy is a pro Korean player. They end being the worse 2 players I've had as teammates in 3v3... -.- I went to check their ranking and both are silver.

That Lucio who likes to run off by himself. That Roadhog who is scared to engage the enemy. That Junkrat that runs in too far and gets killed right away over and over.

Time for more espresso and hope my luck changes haha

Crzy1

Also, can Mei's ult actually be absorbed by D.VA's DM ? Are you fucking kidding me with this ?

It can. DM can shut down any projectile based ultimate, which includes throwing that little robot. Doesn't seem to eat the nanoboost dart for some reason, though.

You should be bastion next time we play a defense map?

So you can go Torb and we have the perfect defense? Sounds like a plan.

That Lucio who likes to run off by himself. That Roadhog who is scared to engage the enemy. That Junkrat that runs in too far and gets killed right away over and over.

Time for more espresso and hope my luck changes haha

This pisses me off so much. I had an attack Junkrat on my team yesterday on Hanamura (attack) that always went by himself through the left while the other five were trying to attack from the right side. He could've made the difference if he went with us and just spammed our way in, but no.

Nimby

Banned
The Lucio bit can be both ways. A good Lucio will notice when is someone out of position, and speed boost a DPS to go eliminate them. Too bad my DPS never do this, and I die when I think they're going to come with me.

But yeah, aggro flanking Lucios exist and they lose games.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
But yeah, aggro flanking Lucios exist and they lose games.

I think some people may have learned the wrong lessons from the DSPStanky videos. He was able to make that kind of Lucio work in a solo queue environment because his technical skill on the wall rides is so great that he can never die and the enemy is distracted by his harass. But if you look at his stats, his healing numbers are horrible (bottom 3%). If you can't pull off what he can, you're a detriment trying to play like he does.

I do think there is value in using a character's entire kit, and his gun and melee attacks are a part of it. There is definitely value in being aggressive with Lucio at times, but you have to remember that supporting your team is the number one thing you should be doing with him. Knowing when to healing, knowing when to speed boost, knowing when you boop enemies so you can save teammates (and not just boop off cliffs), these are the things lucios should be learning and doing.

So clearly the leaving penalty isn't enough. Does everyone here and Blizzard think it's fine the way it is?

Just held off an attack on Hanamura and 1 guy on the other team immediately leaves and makes the game alot less fun for everyone. Of course we just took the point.

Salarians

Torbjorn will have all three.
sQflgz4.jpg

3 things I hate when some random is playing Lucio:
- goes in front of the team and it's the first being picked, as soon as the fight starts
- stick to speed when the team is getting lower and lower on health, most likely due to bad position being on the front instead of the back and not noticing how everyone is doing
- change to other character when the first push fails, like 30s in

Top Bottom