• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Literally lost every single competitive game so far this season except for my first placement match. I am fucking so sick and tired of being out on shit teams vs apparent god tier, ultra coordinated pro teams.

MG310

Hah, first game of the night was Nepal. Pretty normal setup - we barely won the first round, then got crushed the second.

I was already Roadhog and then Zarya. The rest of the team except for Mercy switched to tanks and we steamrolled them in the 3rd round, then got 4 out of the 6 to quit in the middle of the final round.

Anne

Took an account that had never been used in comp and went 7-3.

2900~

Seems pretty conservative this time considering ive put an initial account far into diamond. What's not conservative is the fact I'm getting 90+ SR a win and losing less than 30 a loss. Already over halfway to Masters. It will be basically impossible to keep the smurf under leveled unless I throw, which I wont.

Just keeping a solo queue and a group account separate.

LuffyZoro

I lost my first 4 placement matches, then won the next 6 in a really nice streak, and I still ended up at 1939. I was about 2050 last season so it wasn't too big a drop, but I was still hoping for better.

caesar

Banned
Just got up to 2800. Do you rank up faster this season? Just a few hours ago I was at 2600.

For the first few games yes.

Had a pretty good Mercy game on Nepal last night. Too bad they nerfed her POTG so much that I didn't even get a highlight for a 4 man res. The only thing that shut me down that game was me flying into some random ass Junkrat grenade.

Mercy on KotH isn't as bad as people think. Yes, you have more opportunities to get jumped on, but in my experience you can jump around a lot easier around the point. It wasn't my go to pick though, we had someone who insisted on running Pharah the entire match so I thought it might help.

Most Pharah players fly in without me anyway, or don't realize I have to heal the rest of the team on the ground too.

What sr is this? Mercy on koth= auto lose in my experience. Nothing to do with the healing, you do 0 damage.

Can everyone whining about low s3 rating please just read this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...ead_lets_talk_about_season_3_ranking/.compact

This is getting tedious already.

Did my placement matches. Went 7-3. Last game (which was a win) I won despite there being a leaver on my team.
S2 placement matches had 3-7, with all 7 losses having a leaver on my team.

S2 placement was in the 1600s.
S3 placement is 1100s.

2ZjOTzj.gif

For the first few games yes.

What sr is this? Mercy on koth= auto lose in my experience. Nothing to do with the healing, you do 0 damage.

Can everyone whining about low s3 rating please just read this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...ead_lets_talk_about_season_3_ranking/.compact

This is getting tedious already.

It doesn't make me feel any better because 1) I lost something like 700 SR from the END of season 2, which was my low point, and this sounds pretty drastic compared to the other reports of people being placed at or just under their lowest S2 rating; 2) if I lose the first few matches, which I've already started to do, then whatever "early season" boost Blizzard might have built in is gone; 3) I'm not saying the system is unfair anyways, I'm saying I clearly suck a ton (MasterOverwatch and Overbuff both say I'm in the bottom 5% of players or worse) so telling me the system is working as intended doesn't suddenly make me feel awesome.

DevilDog

Did my placement matches. Went 7-3. Last game (which was a win) I won despite there being a leaver on my team.
S2 placement matches had 3-7, with all 7 losses having a leaver on my team.

S2 placement was in the 1600s.
S3 placement is 1100s.

Blizzard said they wanted more people in the mid to lower ranks.

Blizzard said they wanted more people in the mid to lower ranks.

I know, but already was in Silver. I lost 500 SR between the placements of S2 and S3 although I performed much better. Maybe it's cause I was playing mostly tank/support this time rather than a few matches as DPS.

DevilDog

I know, but already was in Silver. I lost 500 SR between the placements of S2 and S3 although I performed much better. Maybe it's cause I was playing mostly tank/support this time rather than a few matches as DPS.

Silver is part of mid to lower ranks.

I also don't really think your performance in placements really matters. IDDQD won only 1-2 of his placements and ended up at 4412 rank or something.

Silver is part of mid to lower ranks.

I also don't really think your performance in placements really matters. IDDQD won only 1-2 of his placements and ended up at 4412 rank or something.

I know that Silver is part of mid to lower ranks. Which is why I'm saying that I already was in mid to lower ranks beforehand, so getting knocked down even further into Bronze seems weird?

caesar

Banned
It doesn't make me feel any better because 1) I lost something like 700 SR from the END of season 2, which was my low point, and this sounds pretty drastic compared to the other reports of people being placed at or just under their lowest S2 rating; 2) if I lose the first few matches, which I've already started to do, then whatever "early season" boost Blizzard might have built in is gone; 3) I'm not saying the system is unfair anyways, I'm saying I clearly suck a ton (MasterOverwatch and Overbuff both say I'm in the bottom 5% of players or worse) so telling me the system is working as intended doesn't suddenly make me feel awesome.

Well man someone has to be at the bottom, just focus on yourself I guess. In s2 did you happen to abuse the dynamic q? Alot of players did that and now its showing. The bronze ranks were virtually unpopulated last season.

Man...fuck Genji

A good genji user is impossible to beat. What can I do to counter him? Fucking jumping everywhere....

Winston. The answer to any problems is always Winston.

As an added bonus, he shuts down any healer, sniper, or mobile hero like Tracer.

Winston. It's in the name.

I know that Silver is part of mid to lower ranks. Which is why I'm saying that I already was in mid to lower ranks beforehand, so getting knocked down even further into Bronze seems weird?

This season pretty much take your previous rank, then knock it down a few notches depending on placements

Well man someone has to be at the bottom, just focus on yourself I guess. In s2 did you happen to abuse the dynamic q? Alot of players did that and now its showing. The bronze ranks were virtually unpopulated last season.

I have no idea how you'd abuse the dynamic queue (assuming that's what you mean?). I pretty much only solo queue, and it sounds like dynamic queue works against people like me.

KillGore

As an added bonus, he shuts down any healer, sniper, or mobile hero like Tracer.

Oh yeah, I forgot he was good against him. I'll make sure to use him. Fuck Genji!

Mei. Freeze his cyborg ninja-ripoff ass.

My main is Mei and yeah, I've found that I can beat a lot Genjis but man...some really good ones just jump around and dont allow themselves to get frozen. Then they just dash away!

DevilDog

When more people are coming from the upper ranks towards the lower ranks, people in the lower ranks have to make space for the guys from the upper ranks.
So you are going to get knocked back a couple of points.

Man...fuck Genji

A good genji user is impossible to beat. What can I do to counter him? Fucking jumping everywhere....
Have good aim. Play Mccree or soldier, or use mei or winston. Also he is a flanker, flankers are extremely powerful if they catch you all by yourself. If you're with the team though, they become so much more useless.

Mei isn't really a counter, she can kind of keep him at bad but can't do any real damage.

So, I just played a match where my team steamrolled the front lines and took the first point.
One of the enemies quit, and the game cancelled out.

How is that acceptable? We captured the first point. It was fast, but why am I being screwed out of a win?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Huh, I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like good performance actually affects how much your score changes now. I just won a game with 63 elims and my score went up a ton, making up for like 3 lost games.

Could just be confirmation bias though.

So, I just played a match where my team steamrolled the front lines and took the first point.
One of the enemies quit, and the game cancelled out.

How is that acceptable? We captured the first point. It was fast, but why am I being screwed out of a win?

It's not acceptable. They said at Blizzcon that they're going to try to address leaving, and early leaving in particular.

caesar

Banned
I have no idea how you'd abuse the dynamic queue (assuming that's what you mean?). I pretty much only solo queue, and it sounds like dynamic queue works against people like me.

Well a rank 2000 player can queue with a rank 3000 player resulting in games with 2.5k players. If you put the 2k on rein or lucio and the 3k on dps you should gain skill rating in that session, except its inflated as you're essentially being carried. Usually these players struggle to stay up but it can be useful in getting a season high. I'd say solo q performance is definitely ranked more accurately.

Demetrius

Neo Member

Winston doesn't counter a good Tracer at all. The only counter to a good Tracer is Mccree in my experience. Soldier is good against her, but not as reliable as Mccree.

It's true. I ended up getting really good with winston because i always See a Genji/Lucio combo on so many teams. It's just so fun to watch them jump around the payload trying to avoid the lightning as they slowly die

Big Nikus

People don't want me in ranked matches...
I can understand, I suck :( Words still hurt though, lol :sadface:
I wonder if I should continue to try to improve or just give up. I've lost so many matches in a row (not ranked though) that I must be a bad luck charm for everyone involved (well, involved in my team).

Winston doesn't counter a good Tracer at all. The only counter to a good Tracer is Mccree in my experience. Soldier is good against her, but not as reliable as Mccree.
Winston can take her down quickly if (IF) he gets the jump on her. Not a perfect counter, you're right, but he can get the job done.

In this Era of Snipers, it's kind of hard to leave Winston on the sidelines IMO.
It's true. I ended up getting really good with winston because i always See a Genji/Lucio combo on so many teams. It's just so fun to watch them jump around the payload trying to avoid the lightning as they slowly die

Lucio is the worst. Winston is the only one I can reliably hit him with.

I dunno why wallriding and a slight movement speed boost makes him so hard to hit. It's kind of baffling...

I gained like 3 SR today.

I was 1 away from my S3 high and I said "yeah let's do this."

"I DON'T LIKE THIS COMP GIVE ME D.VA OR I THROW."

He left after he died once, but of course he left after it would only penalize him.

I then won and got back to being 1-2 SR from my peak, then lost two in a row to 2-3 stacks refusing to communicate.

Won another two, one with a communicative 4 stack and then beating the same 4 stack in the next match.

Like I could have had the same SR by not playing today. Feels good.

Pooya

What time arcade win count resets? I'm not sure how much time I have left for those lootboxes, getting wins there is kind of a grind.

AbaFadi

Banned
Been a while since this game had me very mad. Five minutes to capture first point on Numbani and team refuses to move in. Also love the instalock genji who dies first every time. Sometimes this game hates me.

Veelk

Banned
Wait a minute. I thought Sombra's hacking stopped in progress ults while they were happening.

Why didn't Sombra hacking an ulting Genji make him put away his sword?!

Moonkid

Been hovering around 2500 to 2600 solo-queue, few close wins which is real frustrating. I wanna get a bit better before hopping on with y'all <2800 peeps since I don't think I'm up to scratch &#128517;

Satch

Banned
Wait a minute. I thought Sombra's hacking stopped in progress ults while they were happening.

Why didn't Sombra hacking an ulting Genji make him put away his sword?!

if an ultimate can be cancelled by a flashbang, sleep dart, hook, or earthshatter, then it will dispel the ultimate

genjis ultimate isnt purged when he's stunned, so it persists while he is hacked

To anyone who's upset about placement matches just remember; placement matches don't matter. You're going to get placed somewhere close to where your MMR rating is / what your end-of-season rank was last season.

Blues1990

To anyone who's upset about placement matches just remember; placement matches don't matter. You're going to get placed somewhere close to where your MMR rating is / what your end-of-season rank was last season.
Bullshit. I wasn't even close to being placed where I was towards my seasonal rank from Season 2.

maomaoIYP

Finished placement, 8 wins 2 losses, mained Zen. Mained Pharah in S2.
S2 peak was 3140, finished at 3000 due to decay.
S3 placed at 3114, so I guess decay SR loss doesn't count?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Person plays dva.

Doesn't DM Soldier ult.

edit: another one.

I know she's buffed but by fucking god if you want to play her can you at least know how to play her.

Had tank situations twice in a row where people went DVa/roadhog and they both left the rest of the team unprotected.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I get so many instalocked DVas now and they are all really bad.

feelsbadman.jpg

Like, stop fucking trying to backcap will ya? I don't know why people think that it works.

Top Bottom