• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

i was just thinking what if one of Symm's 'reworked' abilities is she can teleport/move health pack locations for 30 seconds, or something? That way they can keep Symm as a 'support' character, but she won't necessarily have an active healing ability? ;)

Turrets heal allies, harm enemies maybe? They've built up this rework so much I'm dying to know what it is (Sym was my 2nd most used before she fell off the face of the earth)

xaosslug

Turrets heal allies, harm enemies maybe? They've built up this rework so much I'm dying to know what it is (Sym was my 2nd most used before she fell off the face of the earth)

i know peeps don't believe Kaplan but he's said they would move Symm out of support before giving her an active healing ability (they considered her teleporter passively healing teammates (like Lucio, sort of), but said nah.)

and yeah, I used to play Symm a lot - still do when I just want to fuck around in QP, so I cannot wait to see her rework! :D

Shouta

It's kind of nice that translocators can't be destroyed. Why? It's because I can bear trap and concussive mine them with Junkrat and blow them up as soon as they try to escape. *cackle*

I-hate-u

I might be mistaken but didn't they say that they don't want Symmetra to have healing abilities?

There is no limit to what they can do when it comes to her. She brings things to reality from her imagination. I am sure they'll find ways for her to support her team without healing.

Tovarisc

Hacking not giving her any ult charge is little odd, imo. Her SMG is currently very inaccurate so you don't deal that much damage constantly so you don't swim in ults. Maybe she should get something like 5% / hack?

It isn't like it would make her OP when we consider how fast and from how many sources e.g. Mei can gather her ult.

MUnited83

For you.
A real shame her rework got pushed into September :( She's still my most played character in QP with the best winrate (67%)

MUnited83

For you.
I don't see them ever reversing this, given the reasoning for nerfing them to start. People won't suddenly be much more accurate with controllers.
Sure, but Symmetra turrets should really be de-nerfed. One thing is Torb turrets that can target you from a distance. Symmetry's only activate at a very short distance and they don't do all that much damage to begin with. It's easy as hell even on consoles to destroy them. If you have a Winston in the team it's even easier to nullify her. The damage nerf to her turrets on console never made a lick of sense.

It's kind of nice that translocators can't be destroyed. Why? It's because I can bear trap and concussive mine them with Junkrat and blow them up as soon as they try to escape. *cackle*

Me (pharah) and a teammate (mccree) saw a translocator by the payload. Moment the sombra popped out, it was flashbang into a face full of rockets.

Fun moment that was.

JHall

Sombra is not OP. She's a ton of fun to play and in the right hands she's going to be really effective at diving the back line and taking out the healers.

Tovarisc

Sombra is not OP. She's a ton of fun to play and in the right hands she's going to be really effective at diving the back line and taking out the healers.

I don't agree. You need godlike accuracy and reflexes with SMG being what it's currently. Any healer that is awake will either escape with ease or kill you.

JHall

I don't agree. You need godlike accuracy and reflexes with SMG being what it's currently. Any healer that is awake will either escape with ease or kill you.

I've been doing it all night. Throw teleporter, go invisible and dive backline, hack the healer so they can't escape, spray them down, and teleport back.

Edit: Watch Ster on twitch. He's doing the same thing.

KarmaCow

Is the PTR down or something? The FAQ says there's a 10k limit and players after that will be placed into a queue but I'm just getting errors. With login system not saving credentials, it's a pain to keep trying.

Tovarisc

I've been doing it all night. Throw teleporter, go invisible and dive backline, hack the healer so they can't escape, spray them down, and teleport back.

Playing against some shitty healers, especially if Mercy's. 2+2 second window should be more than enough for her to GA fuck out of there. Or melee you or take out sidearm and shoot at you. Even very close SMG just doesn't feel like it delivers, bullets going all over the fucking place.

Apathy

omg 6v6 mystery hero is the funnest mode this game has ever had for me. It's so much fun. even the times you get a hero you aren't used to. I got widow, holy hell confirms how bad at it that i am.

Chance

Playing against some shitty healers, especially if Mercy's. 2+2 second window should be more than enough for her to GA fuck out of there. Or melee you or take out sidearm and shoot at you. Even very close SMG just doesn't feel like it delivers, bullets going all over the fucking place.

As someone who's put a ton of time into Mercy, banking on having someone to GA to is setting yourself up for a quick death.

Sombra's hack will be dangerous against anyone - I wonder if there's an indicator onscreen when she hacks you from behind or the side..?

Edit: also, about her SMG - I was under the impression that at close range it's comparable to Tracer's damage output. Does it also suck at close range?

Tovarisc

As someone who's put a ton of time into Mercy, banking on having someone to GA to is setting yourself up for a quick death.

Sombra's hack will be dangerous against anyone - I wonder if there's an indicator onscreen when she hacks you from behind or the side..?

Edit: also, about her SMG - I was under the impression that at close range it's comparable to Tracer's damage output. Does it also suck at close range?

As Mercy mainer I know what you are talking about. I expect Sombra to be pain in the butt even with get 2+2 delay on hack. 4 seconds is a lot of time at the end so Mercy's aren't 100% dead on the field because of Sombra making appearance.

There is orange glow on side X of the screen if hack is coming from side or back. X being direction.

Edit: Tracer deals a lot more damage at close range. It takes a while for Sombra to deal same amount

omg 6v6 mystery hero is the funnest mode this game has ever had for me. It's so much fun. even the times you get a hero you aren't used to. I got widow, holy hell confirms how bad at it that i am.

Yeah it's a fun way of trying out heroes. It's cool they made it a permanent mode

Apathy

Yeah it's a fun way of trying out heroes. It's cool they made it a permanent mode

and because of all the switching it really does feel like the most relaxed mode, no one is being a dick no one is complaining or saying people are bad.

It's also fun getting one of your mains and wrecking.

I keep getting widow :(

all the shit talking I've done is coming back to bite me in the ass

Tovarisc

Cloak into EMP is awkward :D Because of 2 second decloaking time there is that awkward moment between hitting Q and something happening.

eek5

1v1 and 3v3 are a lot of fun. hard to tell how good sombra is because the only time i can pick her is in 6v6 no hero limit matches lol :\

she was pretty annoying to play against as dva though. she'd just hack me and then everyone would melt me every time ;_;

Does it switch heroes after you die? The brawl did that and I wish it just locked you for the whole game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
1v1 and 3v3 are a lot of fun. hard to tell how good sombra is because the only time i can pick her is in 6v6 no hero limit matches lol :

she was pretty annoying to play against as dva though. she'd just hack me and then everyone would melt me every time ;_;

Stop creating so many counters against dva pls blizzard-sama. ;_;

Apathy

1v1 and 3v3 are a lot of fun. hard to tell how good sombra is because the only time i can pick her is in 6v6 no hero limit matches lol :\

people aren't used to checking behind them. so right now it's really easy to sneak around. Everyone has this "look forward and maybe if you're lucky look slightly up" mentality

Played Mystery Heroes on Ilios and got stuck as Mei the whole game. Died twice but got revived both times. Feels bad, icicle gun too strong.

First time seeing a Sombra solo backcap lol.

Whole team was trying to get back to the payload. Enemy team trying to stop us. Our sombra sneaks behind and solo caps the payload lol

ISOM

Mendo is unleashing the full power of Sombra.

Lawd

I'm watching man. Him playing Sombra is triggering me like playing against and watching good Genji's. She is def going to get a nerf at some point. People will be bitching up a storm once there are enough good Sombra's playing on live.

Apathy

I enjoy Mystery Heroes as a concept but I always feel like I get terrible luck of the draws on nearly every aspect of it.

But that is part of the fun, sometimes you get one of the toons you're terrible with and you gotta see how bad it goes.

Literally third time that i've started as widow and i'm terrible, i'm still trying my darnedest

Only issue with the 6v6 mystery is that it way way way way way too often picks the same hero for people. I wouldn't be surprised if something in the coding is messed up. with 23 heroes the times it double or triple stacks is astonishing

But that is part of the fun, sometimes you get one of the toons you're terrible with and you gotta see how bad it goes.

Literally third time that i've started as widow and i'm terrible, i'm still trying my darnedest

Only issue with the 6v6 mystery is that it way way way way way too often picks the same hero for people. I wouldn't be surprised if something in the coding is messed up. with 23 heroes the times it double or triple stacks is astonishing

I suppose, it just gets tiring after a few terrible rounds with it.

And I agree with the stacks on picks, sometimes I'll keep the same pool of 3-4 heroes in one match.

mollipen

I'm at the point where I legitimately want to cry because of CP. I keep getting so, so close to 2500, and every time I do I then have loss-loss-loss and just drop right back down. All I want is Mercy's stupid golden weapon and then I won't really care about how high in rank I can get.

Top Bottom