• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Tovarisc

Sombra's SMG is.. wow. Hitting wide side of the barn, from inside, is challenge. It's so inaccurate it isn't even funny. Burst firing is so-so considering low damage / bullet.

Plesiades

Sombra's Submachine gun has an old ATA cable on its side. Kinda amusing.
gPud1xu.png

Sidenote: The "Los Muertos" skin (and probably its variant) will glow in the dark. So much for stealth.

Kiro

Does the Oni Genji skin need to be 15 games with a friend ever or 15 games in the time period? I really don't want to have to play 15 MORE games.

darklin0

Banned
A good Sombra completely shuts down Zarya. It is not even funny.

She needs a slight damage buff but aside from that, I don't think she is much of an issue.

Maybe extend her invisibility a little longer.

Do the turrets target her when she's invisible ?

Turrets start shooting Sombra immediately when they break stealth and interupting their hack attempt. I actually defended against a team of Sombras as well who had so much trouble with me babysitting and breaking their hacks and having lots of armor laying around that they just couldn't do shit to me.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Do the turrets target her when she's invisible ?
Nope, but they have to show their heads eventually.
Turrets start shooting Sombra immediately when they break stealth and interupting their hack attempt. I actually defended against a team of Sombras as well who had so much trouble with me babysitting and breaking their hacks and having lots of armor laying around that they just couldn't do shit to me.
Yeah, alongside Torb generating scrap there's tons of armor to go around now.

MUnited83

For you.

Nope, but they have to show their heads eventually.
Yeah, alongside Torb generating scrap there's tons of armor to go around now.
Interesting. I thought that Sombra could hack the turrets?

Is there a reason people still try to run past Symmetra turrets at choke points instead of fucking shooting them.

Is there another explanation other than people being fucking dense?

Also, my sympathies to all you solo queue Reinhardts out there. It's painful watching all your teammates rush to the point and get themselves pointlessly killed and leave you to get ganged up on by the whole enemy team.

eek5

EMP does not stop a genji who has ulted

also, ult + anagrenade = you're done team. to any organized team it's devastating. Easily see an ana/sombra combo coming up

Wouldn't sombra+zarya be better? They'd all get trapped with no way to escape or block

Is there a reason people still try to run past Symmetra turrets at choke points instead of fucking shooting them.

Is there another explanation other than people being fucking dense?

Also, my sympathies to all you solo queue Reinhardts out there. It's painful watching all your teammates rush to the point and get themselves pointlessly killed and leave you to get ganged up on by the whole enemy team.

The worst is when people run in without shooting them and leave their supports behind then complain about healing. How about you make it safe for me. I don't want to have to turn around and get shot in the back to kill turrets. Just kill them and let me heal you *grumble* People are idiots. I've been on a losing team where winston just jumped past sym turrets -_-

Tovarisc

• SMG is very inaccurate hose, very unimpressive damage against anything that isn't tank
  • Hack and EMP effects still lasts 6 seconds
  • EMP is instant with audio line, think Mercy ult
  • Hack channels over 2 seconds, single point of damage breack channeling
  • When cloaking it takes ~1 second for cloak to kick in and ~2 seconds to wear off
  • When cloack is wearing off you can't fire
  • Medpack hack lasts 1 minute, refreshable
  • Throwing range of translocator isn't impressive, leaves very visible trace mid-air
  • Translocator is loud
  • When translocating you leave "shadow" showing direction into which you traveled
Mostly same as BlizzCon Sombra. Translocator throwing range seems to be smaller, SMG is a lot more inaccurate and EMP has maybe tad smaller range.

Her damage still looks fine to me.

https://youtu.be/1LOuEQO83aQ

If you can hug and do a lot headshots it can be.

Nimby

Banned
tfw sombra is more of a support than symmetra

She is what a utility support should be, hacked health packs provide waaaay more support than shields.

Nazo

I really like the look of Sombra's cyberspace skin but It feels more of the same y'know?

It's like the art team thought:

"Hmm...What kind of skin do we give Sombra our futuristic hacker character with cool tech all over her outfit?"

"..."

"What if, now hear me out, if we gave her a skin that made her look like a cool futuristic hacker with cool tech all over her outfit!"

*uproarious applause*

Don't get me wrong its great skin, but it just feels kinda samey compared to her OG design.

Shouta

Sombra's ult along with any other will be pretty devastating when used in combination. It has the the potential to change the way folks handle encounters on both sides of the coin.

Zomba13

One thing not many people are talking about is how Hack and EMP erase Shield HP. Not talking about Sound Barrier, but the regenerating light blue stuff that Symmetra gives. Getting hacked/EMPed deletes it for the duration. Though if Zarya has a bubble up or on someone then it won't remove the Shield HP after an EMP and a Zarya bubble blocks hack attempts (though an EMP will knock off the bubble and hack Zarya but not remove the Shield HP for some reason).

Does the PTR show sombra's achievements? Would love to know what they are if so.

Hack 15 players without dying.

Hack 6 enemies at once.

Not sure which is which.

duckroll

Tried Duel out.

Hanzo vs Hanzo - Lost
Zen vs Zen - Won
Reaper vs Reaper - Lost
Dva vs Dva - Won
Mei vs Mei - Lost
Winston vs Winston - Lost
Torb vs Torb - Won
Sombra vs Sombra - Won
Reinhardt vs Reinhardt - Lost

It was fun, I feel it's a pretty fair mode, but some characters a better suited for mirror matches than others. Torb in particular was pretty funny because we both set turrets up and went the long ways around to try and flank/bait each other, but the match came down to me waiting at low ground at a stair because I heard him coming, and just spamming right click while chasing him followed by a left click finisher. Lol. The Dva match was interesting too. I used defensive matrix to dash up close, spammed as much damage as I could before getting destroyed at a doorway, jumped out and went around to finish the mech off with my pee shooter and regain my mech, and mowed Dva down. That got POTG apparently... lulz.

If I had to change anything about the mode, it would be less rounds. Playing for 5 wins feels kinda long, even though the rounds are short.

Hack 6 enemies at once.

So this achievement is basically "use ult on control point on attack"? :p

Apathy

Sombra's ult along with any other will be pretty devastating when used in combination. It has the the potential to change the way folks handle encounters on both sides of the coin.

Dva + sombra when the other team has a rein and think they are safe behind the shield

What makes Sombra interesting now is that she gives you a sense of paranoia. She can shut down things that under normal circumstances can give you a sense of safety.

Enemies not around you = might have a Sombra nearby
Healthpacks = denied
Behind a shield = can be broken
Got an ult ready to be used = got hacked

I-hate-u

so every 12 seconds she should be able to take someone out of a fight essentially. A person with nothing but RMB and Jump. Cant get away.
If her damage is not very dependable like she is in the ptr then her utilities should compensate for that if they want her to be viable.

Also Mei's cool down on the wall is pretty short too.

Finally got onto PTR, and wow, that 1v1 mode. More than anything, it justifies the existence of a crouch key in that game. So many opponents don't realize how important it is to be stealthy. Played a few 3v3 as Ana too, and helped my team kick ass there too. Think I like these new modes. Played a round of Mystery Heroes where Sombra came up for me twice, and looks like it might take a while for me to get used to her kit. Interesting potential, though. Can't wait for all of it to go live.

Played some mystery heroes 6v6 and started dominating the other team as mei. When they finally killed me I ended up not switching and still had mei. The salt was real lol.

I'm not that good with Mei but I'm slowly getting the hang of her, she might become another viable pick for me soon.

xaosslug

tfw sombra is more of a support than symmetra

She is what a utility support should be, hacked health packs provide waaaay more support than shields.

i was just thinking what if one of Symm's 'reworked' abilities is she can teleport/move health pack locations for 30 seconds, or something? That way they can keep Symm as a 'support' character, but she won't necessarily have an active healing ability? ;)

Tovarisc

Hacking medpacks and maintaining those hacks is crazy strong in all gamemodes.

Edit: Especially if you sneak to front and hack preemptively.

Apathy

What makes Sombra interesting now is that she gives you a sense of paranoia. She can shut down things that under normal circumstances can give you a sense of safety.

Enemies not around you = might have a Sombra nearby
Healthpacks = denied
Behind a shield = can be broken
Got an ult ready to be used = got hacked

I know i'm checking like crazy, reminds me of tf2 now. The nice thing is that people are predictable. They take the same lines to get to places that they would take with other characters.

People are trying to use her as a spy one hit kill machine instead of disrupting and doing what you said, causing panic and denying things that the other team thinks are reliable. No different that when ana was released and people used her a full on sniper (hell some people still do)

LowParry

I've never heard so much bitching and whining over Sombra. It's Day 1 of PTR and people are calling out players as scrubs. Fuck off with that noise.

Top Bottom