• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Blues1990

Oh yeah!

Have they been confirmed or are those your wants?

With several people data-mining from the recent patch (including a nice Christmas rendition of the Overwatch theme), it was shown that Torb is going to have one event skin, emote, and voice line, and with some artwork showing him as Santa Claus from a recent twitter post. So, yeah, a Christmas-themed event is coming to Overwatch. We just don't know when.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm just excited to finally have a new mei skin.

Mei's highlight intro is still the best thing from the halloween event though so I ain't too mad.

Blues1990

I'm just excited to finally have a new mei skin.

Mei's highlight intro is still the best thing from the halloween event though so I ain't too mad.

Snowball makes a cute ghost. I think what I love the most about that highlight intro, is her annoyed expression. It's fickin' cute.

Ugh. I'm still doing placement, but I seem to have done so poorly last season that I'm in the range where my teammates think a full-round of defense with Bastion is a good idea.

Kill meeeee.

With several people data-mining from the recent patch (including a nice Christmas rendition of the Overwatch theme), it was shown that Torb is going to have one event skin, emote, and voice line, and with some artwork showing him as Santa Claus from a recent twitter post. So, yeah, a Christmas-themed event is coming to Overwatch. We just don't know when.

Cool
I was aware of an event but hadn't kept up with what skins were confirmed

Thanks!

Blues1990

Cool
I was aware of an event but hadn't kept up with what skins were confirmed

Thanks!

My pleasure. I hope D.Va get's a toy shop elf costume, complete with her MEKA being redesigned to resemble a sleigh or old school toy robot. I know she already got her Epic skin from the Summer Games event, but gosh darn it, her dressing up as an elf is too cute of an idea to pass up.

So I think there's still a lot of merit to Mercy, even if Ana's a lot better. She really needs to be positioned well, out of sight of the enemy as much as possible, not in the midst of team fights so she doesn't get caught in enemy ults. A lot of them stay out in the open, so of course they die.

It helps for her to have decent aim to defend against flankers. She needs the headshots.

Sadly, she's still very team dependent, can't rez well if the team's spread apart when they all die, and then die anyways because they suck.

In spite of all this, I been doing ok with her. If the team is decent and can stay together, I can keep them alive, even as a solo healer.

LAM09

Think I need stop solo queuing from now on. People sabotaging matches with picks they've never played and aren't good with. It's pathetic.

Anyone know what the 300mb PTR update is?

Edit: Nothing is immediately obvious to me so it might just be balances/fixes like Roadhog's hook.

I'm 5-6-3 in S3 so far after consistently being >50% in other modes and seasons. I guess I'll climb sharply at some point, but this is lame. I'm gonna start instalocking Soldier because I win when I play him and lose when someone else does.

This meta feels bad. I'm sick of fighting D.Va.

Antiwhippy

I wish I can play soldier to the point where I can take the DPS spot from all these really bad soldiers, but I'm also a somewhat bad soldier myself and that's my limitation.

Also I just like playing other characters more.

scotcheggz

I started playing ranked today for the first time and it's pretty much as abusive in chat as I expected, which is a shame because jeez it's a lot faster and harder and more fun than QP! I've played 4, lost 4 so far, but I've managed to get 3-4 gold medals in all four games so I figure that's probably okay... I don't really know, I don't really mind tbh.

I play D.Va pretty much 100% so far since she's who I used in QP to get to 25 the most. I don't really know what I'm doing but in the main I use her to soak up damage with her shields, and basically bully and harrass with her boosters and high HP. Getting behind a Rein shield for example and disrupt a team that's tightly grouped up, cause a bit of chaos, get back out fast. Also chasing down healers and/or DPS, taking out snipers and that fucking flying lady. Does that sound about right? I think I'm doing OK and it feels pretty good but I dunno really about the team game too much yet. I try and block peoples Ults as much as possible too, but that's a newer tactic I'm just getting the hang of.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
And the people are so toxic about it, even at diamond/platinum levels. People need to stop pretending like they are gods gift to overwatch competitive gaming and like they never made a mistake the whole match

I'm in Gold right now and we just had a three-way argument that lasted through 5 out of 6 rounds on Volskaya .-. I don't know how we managed to tie it 5-5 when half our team was calling each other shit.

The next game I got this though, which is probably the best I've ever done as Reinhardt.
Pba7LRC.png

exYle

We've had similar threads to this before but I just think it's insane how low the numbers for COD is on PC.
1,776 people currently playing on PC, with the peak today being 4,485. (So I guess it was probably in top 100 earlier?)

Interesting enough Black Ops 3 is on the top 100 (barely though) at 2,366 players and the peak at 5,294.

Most games tend to obviously go down in playercount than up as months go by, and I wonder how bad it might be to play IW next year when the season pass comes out splitting an even smaller playerbase in half.

So I wonder, could Activision do anything to make COD become more appealing on PC? I feel like the COD IW beta not being on PC was probably part the problem.
COD on PC getting all DLC for free would be great, but won't ever happen, but maybe if they drop the price of the base game, and even the price of the season pass, they could convince more people to play it?
Or even if none of that, day 1 mod support and/or server browser would make people happy.

What do you guys think? Is COD "doomed" on PC or could it be fixed somehow one day?

With Soldier's buff I'm thinking COD is gonna make a pretty huge comeback soon

I'm in Gold right now and we just had a three-way argument that lasted through 5 out of 6 rounds on Volskaya .-. I don't know how we managed to tie it 5-5 when half our team was calling each other shit.

The next game I got this though, which is probably the best I've ever done as Reinhardt.
Pba7LRC.png

Holy shit. Well done.

Soldier is my instalock. Last season I was mainly tank (Hog/Rein) and support (Ana/Lucio) but Soldier is straight STUPID right now and not having him on your team is such a mistake with how good he is atm.

I feel kind of bad since normally I don't wanna be that guy who instalocks DPS but I'd rather pick him and hopefully push people not to waste the slot on a Mccree/ Reaper duo or something which won't be as useful. Also feel like I'm doing pretty ok as him so far, 66% win rate, 3.6 kd, 43% acc, nearly 2k average damage, etc after almost 3 hours.

Antiwhippy

Uh, 2K average damage is pretty low?

Unless you mean 20K.

I have 11K average damage on mei so far which puts me at top 3% on overbuff, which seems like a weirdly low number to be ranked that high up.

Uh, 2K average damage is pretty low?

Unless you mean 20K.

I have 11K average damage on mei so far which puts me at top 3% on overbuff, which seems like a weirdly low number to be ranked that high up.
I don't think mei is supposed to be doing that much damage seeing as she should be freezing then killing people

like her icicle is obvs good at a distance cus it does a nice amount of damage but her freeze blaster doesn't seem to do that much & she tends to kill most people that get frozen, thus preventing her from doing more damage.

Soldier is my instalock. Last season I was mainly tank (Hog/Rein) and support (Ana/Lucio) but Soldier is straight STUPID right now and not having him on your team is such a mistake with how good he is atm.

I feel kind of bad since normally I don't wanna be that guy who instalocks DPS but I'd rather pick him and hopefully push people not to waste the slot on a Mccree/ Reaper duo or something which won't be as useful. Also feel like I'm doing pretty ok as him so far, 66% win rate, 3.6 kd, 43% acc, nearly 2k average damage, etc after almost 3 hours.

Do you mean 2k average healing?

Antiwhippy

I don't think mei is supposed to be doing that much damage seeing as she should be freezing then killing people

like her icicle is obvs good at a distance cus it does a nice amount of damage but her freeze blaster doesn't seem to do that much & she tends to kill most people that get frozen, thus preventing her from doing more damage.

Mmmm i guess, though i need to learn how to farm better. More dmg means more blizzards.

Top Bottom