• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Blizzard

Banned
Is there any confirmation that the Random Heroes brawl is biased at certain times?

I realize "random" can theoretically do streaks, but I feel like I see it almost every time I play it. 4 Widowmakers one map. One suicides and ends up with Hanzo, okay, that's coincidence. 3 Hanzos. 3 Anas. And all that is within maybe 2-3 KOTH games. I've also repeatedly seen games where one champion is dominating, and that's the only one on the team. The INSTANT they are killed, a different teammate spawns as the same champ.

Some may be coincidence, but someone who's good with statistics, what are the odds of 6 different people ending up with 3-4 of the same champ in rapid succession, out of 20+ heroes, multiple times?

Anne

Yeah, Mei is supposed to be getting a bit more damage than that. It depends on a few things but you can get that in a half if things go well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm offically 200 SR from plat .... yea I need someone to carry me now.
Antiwhippy

Dude, you'll be carrying me, I'm like 360 away. :p

Sr gain is weird though. I thought I'd be out of the stage where they inflate sr gain by now but I'm still getting 30-40 per win and lose around 15 per loss.

cyborg009

Banned
Dude, you'll be carrying me, I'm like 360 away. :p

Sr gain is weird though. I thought I'd be out of the stage where they inflate sr gain by now but I'm still getting 30-40 per win and lose around 15 per loss.

Yea it's super weird. I lost a match while I was at my season high then on my next win I got enough SR to surpass it. Maybe its based on your career high?

Antiwhippy

Yeah, Mei is supposed to be getting a bit more damage than that. It depends on a few things but you can get that in a half if things go well.

Yeah, in a good day I'd do around 17K damage or so, which is why I'm surprised that the ceiling is so low on overbuff.

Antiwhippy

Oversumo does it per life.

Which isn't a bad metric to measure by, honestly.

Certainly better than the per minute thing masteroverwatch does which is like, what does this even mean?

Oversumo does it per life.

Which isn't a bad metric to measure by, honestly.

Certainly better than the per minute thing masteroverwatch does which is like, what does this even mean?
Ah ok that sounds right lol. Still to be regularly hitting half my record damage output (33k game iirc) in non-KOTH or steamroll payload matches is pretty crazy to me.

Soldier is just too insane right now and I wonder how long he'll go unchanged before Blizzard nerfs him. Outside of niche situations I can think of no reason not to run him nearly every game.

Shouldn't have said anything.

Lost 3 straight

Just got 4 golds and POTG with Zenyatta in the last one.

Ugh, I know that pain. 4 golds as D.Va on Hanamura, still didn't manage to stop them from capping Point B. Still trying to break that 2,000 SR barrier yet. Although I'm only 10 wins away from only needing the 200 points from Silver to afford a gold weapon, and I've got a bad feeling that'll probably happen before I crack that Gold barrier.

Cappa

Banned
yay finally got to diamond and got in the top 100 rank for Mei.

Life is now complete!

The funny thing is, playing as Soldier is whats gotten me to Diamond. I have a 70% win rate with him lol

The funny thing is, playing as Soldier is whats gotten me to Diamond. I have a 70% win rate with him lol

It's such a struggle deciding to let someone else play 76 so I can help support or to feel like an ass and choose him every game, but man I just wreck with that guy. Hard to give up.

ohkay

Does anyone else that plays Tracer get shit for using her in comp more often than you'd expect, even if you're doing well?

I got asked if I was sure about the pick on koth, even though I was putting in work, and this isn't the first time I've been asked this. My friend's theory is that it's because they don't really see what I'm doing since I'm normally not with the group.

Nimby

Banned
Don't understand why console players don't want Ana. Worked well the first round of King's Row and now the whole team is shooting at me shaking their heads.

On the plus side, diamond is sexy

Jf350Jf.jpg

Don't understand why console players don't want Ana. Worked well the first round of King's Row and now the whole team is shooting at me shaking their heads.

Ana is great in theory, but the person playing her needs to have really good aim to be effective. It's not that they don't like Ana, it's just that they don't trust you, and given the number of bad Anas I've seen, I don't necessarily blame them.

Does anyone else that plays Tracer get shit for using her in comp more often than you'd expect, even if you're doing well?

I got asked if I was sure about the pick on koth, even though I was putting in work, and this isn't the first time I've been asked this. My friend's theory is that it's because they don't really see what I'm doing since I'm normally not with the group.

Too many "I need healing even though I'm on my own in the middle of nowhere" Genjis and Tracers have made people paranoid.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Anyone have good tips on how to counter Pharmercy? Just played a match where a Pharah single-handedly carried her team, and I couldn't do a whole lot when my ult is still charging because she had a pocket Mercy the whole time. Her rockets do so much damage now, especially with Mercy's damage boost.

Anne

Anyone have good tips on how to counter Pharmercy? Just played a match where a Pharah single-handedly carried her team, and I couldn't do a whole lot when my ult is still charging because she had a pocket Mercy the whole time. Her rockets do so much damage now, especially with Mercy's damage boost.

Pressure her out and then focus on the people on the ground, or have a burst waiting. If they are just floating high up take the fight. If Pharah is diving murder her or Mercy with CC or burst.

Ana is great in theory, but the person playing her needs to have really good aim to be effective. It's not that they don't like Ana, it's just that they don't trust you, and given the number of bad Anas I've seen, I don't necessarily blame them.
I've actually been playing a good bit of Ana recently, and I know my usual team seems to enjoy having my Ana around. I don't know if Id particularly say my aim is good, so much as I know when to compensate for that in difficult times with a grenade.

If someone is hopping around it's usually much easier to hit with that splash than trying to hit a snipe.

Xzan

And the people are so toxic about it, even at diamond/platinum levels. People need to stop pretending like they are gods gift to overwatch competitive gaming and like they never made a mistake the whole match

This pretty much.

This guy on my team in a losing match on Hanimura last night got so tilted that he was actually shrieking in rage at this duo who weren't in team chat. All the more amusing because he was so pumped at the start of the match, telling everyone he was ready for "legendary" time.

The fact that his voice and accent made him sound just like Murray from Flight of the Conchords made it both hilarious and sad at the same time.

Mw9EDOe.jpg

Dude claimed the Pharah in the duo on our team was dead weight but, honestly, I couldn't be sure (I also didn't have much sympathy since he insta-locked my beloved Zarya).

Irony is; the very next map on King's Row he was on the opposing team with his party against his former teammates, me and the duo. All the more satisfying when, not only did I out-Zarya him, but the supposedly 'bad' teammates did just fine.

This pretty much.

This guy on my team in a losing match on Hanimura last night got so tilted that he was actually shrieking in rage at this duo who weren't in team chat. All the more amusing because he was so pumped at the start of the match, telling everyone he was ready for "legendary" time.

The fact that his voice and accent made him sound just like Murray from Flight of the Conchords made it both hilarious and sad at the same time.

Mw9EDOe.jpg

Dude claimed the Pharah in the duo on our team was dead weight but, honestly, I couldn't be sure (I also didn't have much sympathy since he insta-locked my beloved Zarya).

Irony is; the very next map on King's Row he was on the opposing team with his party against his former teammates, me and the duo. All the more satisfying when, not only did I out-Zarya him, but the supposedly 'bad' teammates did just fine.

LOL @ murray from FOTC

scotcheggz

This pretty much.

Mw9EDOe.jpg

Should've called him ginger balls.

I really don't get all the egos in online shooters.

Nephtis

so I decided to buy the game for black friday. It's been ridiculously fun. I got a pretty good laugh out of this though:

I just got up on the payload and went to town. The entire match lasted only a few minutes. I mean, I know it's not a lot but as Bastion it's super easy to get picked out and killed before you can even get a good position.

So my experience with comp has been pretty depressing so far. 7 wins - 4 draws - 16 losses.

That's a 25% win rate, compared to 55% in quick play :( Almost all the wins have been steamrolls. A good portion of the losses too. All close games have resulted in losses or draws despite pretty good team composition and communication. I've seen 6 players leaving (and coming back after a looong time), always in our team.

Still sitting slightly under 2000 SR thanks to the game giving me big boosts for wins and small chunks for losses.

Above all, the level of toxicity has been way higher than I expected. I dare not imagine how it is on EU servers (I moved away to US servers because people seemed more relaxed, at least in QP...).

I've actually been playing a good bit of Ana recently, and I know my usual team seems to enjoy having my Ana around. I don't know if Id particularly say my aim is good, so much as I know when to compensate for that in difficult times with a grenade.

If someone is hopping around it's usually much easier to hit with that splash than trying to hit a snipe.

Things are a bit different on console where barely anyone is any good with Ana.

ISOM

Blizzard needs to fix their quickplay matchmaking. I'm getting matched with people in the low 2000s, am 2912 and it just ends up being a slaughter because I have no space to do anything because my teammates are dying in two seconds.

Azoor

We had a miracle, I was a Reinhardt in 66 when we were losing badly, our Soldier and Lucio switched to a Hanzo and Junkrat respectively.

And...we actually won ! I can't believe, but we did !

Man, I had a nice winning streak and reached Master half a week ago. Before immediately going on a losing streak over the next couple of days and dropping back down to 2900's. I think it's time for me to stop playing Comp for a few days...

On a side note, earlier today in a match we had two tanks and only one healer. So I picked Lucio, before being told to switch to a different healer because "We already got Mercy and Lucio's kinda garbage anyway so you know..."

I can cross that off of "things I never thought I'd ever hear on Overwatch".

Antiwhippy

Went trip tank as the roadhog on attack of eichenwilde.

Immediately pulled in zarya who was spawn camping.

GGs.

Top Bottom