• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Nimby

Banned
I have the actual worst luck with D.Va ults.

Completely inside a room away from the ult, oops your pinky was in line of sight. get fucked now you lose.

xaosslug

it's funny seeing peeps jump up in defence of Sombra, meanwhile Junkrat stays being unfairly maligned for similar 'issues'. >__>

You've got all those master level players on your team so I'm not sure what's the problem here. I just came out of a match where the enemy team was a 6 stack of 5 masters and a GM.
My side had a 5 stack of 3 diamonds and 2 plats. I was the solo queue. My team got rolled over in the first round and didn't bother trying again. And I was playing support. Imagine how fun that was for me.

er, it's a 3-stack + 3 randos vs. a whole team... a proish PS4 team, at that. Are you kidding? xD

er, it's a 3-stack + 3 randos vs. a whole team... a proish PS4 team, at that. Are you kidding? xD

Everyone bleeds the same.

Don't go into a match expecting a loss, and play your heart out.

Can someone post the winter stuff for those of us who can't see Twitter at work?

Sweet, gives me time to finish Cold Steel 2 and Steins Gate;0, then I have the next week off to grind for dem boxes. What a time to be alive! :)

matmanx1

Ahh so there's confirmation of the Holiday event starting on the 13th. Well done, Blizzard. A+ communication, thanks for the postcard!! (not being snarky, I appreciate the gesture)

LordofPwn

i knew it wouldnt be this week, way too close to the last event big update.

excited though. need to farm some coins, get those 9 wins done.

Wait, I see people talking about getting loot boxes now,dk existing loot boxes change to event ones when it goes live? I thought it was only boxes earned during that period.

maouvin

Wait, I see people talking about getting loot boxes now,dk existing loot boxes change to event ones when it goes live? I thought it was only boxes earned during that period.

Nope. And even if they changed for whatever reason, loot is determined when you get the box, not when you open it.

Anne

IF you have a considerable amount of the stuff unlocked in the game, getting loot boxes now just loads you up with currency. That's why you get them now. I get a few hundred credits in a good night lol

Chance

On Gibraltar I had a Widow who got two kills at the spawn, switched to McCree, and then continued.

I was amazed.

But yeah most of the time when I hear that I just say "I believe in you." over the mic, even if I rarely do.

It's a cool strat. Use widow on the 1st point of a payload map without really leaving spawn, get a pick or 2 and switch to a real hero - now it's 4 on 6 lol.

About 4 1/2 hours of comp and i end up down 80sr

ClD3GIw.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mmmmmmmm.

Maybe.

I'll most likely wait though. They can't just have golden skins for the life of the game right? RIGHT?

Blues1990

Mmmmmmmm.

Maybe.

I'll most likely wait though. They can't just have golden skins for the life of the game right? RIGHT?

I'm pretty happy with my golden particle cannon, so it's pretty much whatever with what my next purchase is. Maybe Mei's golden gun?

EDIT: The PTR got a new patch. What does it contain?

YOOO.

Any thoughts? Who did you play mostly? Solo or Group?

Solo only. Mostly Zenyatta, Zarya, Lucio and Reinhardt (although I suck at Reinhardt).

I only feel comfortable giving a bit of advice on Zenyatta:

- he's great against most tanks because they are so easy to hit with his orbs
- he has great DPS for a support so you should help destroy Reinhardt shields quickly
- it the enemy team is running Tracer and Genji you should probably switch to Lucio or Ana because Zenyatta has a hard time surviving against them
- you should constantly be healing someone but you need to prioritize targets as well. Heal your other support, a swording Genji, a Reinhardt that is charging in etc.
- same with discord orb. Put it on someone as soon as they poke their head out. But try to prioritize targets as well; people that are out of position, ulting Genjis or Roadhoags.
- his ultimate should be used to counter enemy AOE ults. Like Genji, Zarya, Reinhard. Don't burn it just because Zarya or Reinhardt ulted half of your team, see if they actually have follow up. Use it to save yourself if your death would mean a lost teamfight.

Not sure what to say otherwise. There are probably some Grand Master players here that can give much better advice :p

This season has been pretty toxic. Even more so than usual. Lots of people picking support to fill a role and then rage-switching when they get a rough death - usually a result of them being unfamiliar with the role or undervaluing it. It's pretty hard to have fun when every other game devolves into a swinging dick show of who is the better DPS. Just need that extra 150 SR to break Master and things get a bit better. Hopefully, at least.

KiraFA37

Solo only. Mostly Zenyatta, Zarya, Lucio and Reinhardt (although I suck at Reinhardt).

- he has great DPS for a support so you should help destroy Reinhardt shields quickly
- it the enemy team is running Tracer and Genji you should probably switch to Lucio or Ana because Zenyatta has a hard time surviving against them
- you should constantly be healing someone but you need to prioritize targets as well. Heal your other support, a swording Genji, a Reinhardt that is charging in etc.
- same with discord orb. Put it on someone as soon as they poke their head out. But try to prioritize targets as well; people that are out of position, ulting Genjis or Roadhoags.
- his ultimate should be used to counter enemy AOE ults. Like Genji, Zarya, Reinhard. Don't burn it just because Zarya or Reinhardt ulted half of your team, see if they actually have follow up. Use it to save yourself if your death would mean a lost teamfight.

Not sure what to say otherwise. There are probably some Grand Master players here that can give much better advice :p

As a Zenyatta main I'd like to add to not hestitate to kick Genjis or Tracers in their face, it is very satisfying. I find Zenyatta great to stay a little bit more back and provide fire support, I'm always throwing my orbs towards the enemy side, also when peeking corners or initiating a fight prepare your right mouse charge as you might get a lucky hit or a ton of damage on tanks in a second.

I'd like to add in not to ignore his alt fire. If you're coming around a corner towards a choke point, unleashing his alt on an unsuspecting Mei or Junkrat will land more kills than you think. Also, I've gotten so many kills this way as soon as the spawn door opens on attack, usually a spam Junkrat :)

Top Bottom