• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

NeoRaider

^ You will be able to buy them, i guess. For Halloween legendary skins were 3k each.

I just got Okami for Hanzo one hour ago. Not sure should i start using it or continue using Demon skin...

Will you be able to buy event skins you want with coins? How much are they? I've got just over 1k now.

They were 3000 for Halloween, but part of me thinks we'll either get a random legendary event skin for free or some kind of Christmas discount or something for the event at some point. So I wouldn't grow too despondent over it.

There is also some small chance they may also readjust the price on the skins a bit. Not a great deal, but possibly 2-2.5k.

RIP the dream if Torb gets the Santa outfit instead of Hog.

roadhog___santahog_skin_by_itsyairo-daemqb0.png

Guys, even as a Rein player I believe he has too many skins.

But

We need a Rein Deer skin. This shit writes itself. Please let me have this.

I just had the best ending ever in a match.

Hollywood, on attack we captured the first point and almost reached the second checkpoint. Enemy turn, they capture the first point in the first push because our Mei and Rein overextended (and the Rein even said thanks after charging to his death lol). They steamrolled us until we reached the place where we got the payload. We stalled them for ~5 minutes there, until they finally had one sucessful attack wiping all the team besides myself and Lucio. It was overtime and we stalled as much as we could and we both died right when my team was back in the fight again.

While I was seeing the spawn countdown, the message "match complete" appeared and the kill feed was showing that the enemy Pharah killed all of our team. Final result: 1-1................................. Victory! :D

POTG was the Pharah, which let us see that there was no one from their side on the payload even though all of us were dead xD

exYle

Got placed at 2890. 6 wins, 4 losses, all solo queue. Finished last season at 2857, high of 3049.

imokaywiththis.jpg

Symphonic

All of them are going to look out of place in a few months, at least for me. We're going to reach Clown Party status faster than you can say TF2 ;)

This is probably my single greatest fear with Overwatch.

I can deal with single full skins though. If they start letting you pick which part of the skin to use (hats, bottoms only, etc) or weapons get glowy effects, I'm gonna be bummed.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
There are a lot of kids that play vs AI in this game and talk in the mic lol. Like younger then 10 kids lol

ok comp is broken i gain like 65 sr off of one win. now at 3780

Only the first games after placement (in my case playing as Lucio I was winning around 40-50 points per win and only losing 10-15 when I was defeated). After a few games it goes back to normal. Unless you're on a winning streak right now.

Salarians

Finished my placement matches last night: 5 wins, 4 losses, 1 draw, and placed at 2507. IIRC I was placed at the high 2400s at the beginning of S2 (and I ended at 2628, after a nightmare week that left me in the 2300s). Considering the changes they've made, I think this means I've generally improved?

Why am I getting teamed with toxic ~SR2700s who never got above gold in S1 or S2? Help me understand the system, Blizzard.

And yeah, I'm getting 60 for wins and -20 for losses.

Skii

When you spend 2 hours on competitive and end up 50 SR worse...

My team thought Winston and Zarya was the right decision on defence. They also criticised me (Ana) for not dealing with the enemy Widow...lol.

The lack of game knowledge at this level is shocking.

At least I found out I can play Dva. Had to switch off Ana to deal with Widow because they were steamrolling. We still lost but at least it ended close.

Ranked is rough solo, my word. I lost 5 games in a row earlier with teams full of people locking their attack mains and doing absolutely nothing with them.

Three consecutive games with the same guy throwing on purpose. Someone named JacobMH. Why does the game even allow you to match with the same person 3 times in a row? What a fucking night :|

exYle

Yo, I dunno about you guys, but I feel like the matchmaker in S3 is way more accurate. I just had two of the most grueling matches I've ever played (both lost, unfortunately) and they were neck and neck. Like the last one, for example, was KOTH on Nepal and we went the full 5 rounds, losing 99-100. It was crazy

AbaFadi

Banned
Three consecutive games with the same guy throwing on purpose. Someone named JacobMH. Why does the game even allow you to match with the same person 3 times in a row? What a fucking night :|

If someone throws I have a rule of waiting 10 minutes before searching again. There's always a possibility that they'll be on your team again the next game, so always best to wait.

Ramirez

There are a lot of kids that play vs AI in this game and talk in the mic lol. Like younger then 10 kids lol

My kid is one of those, minus the mic, lol.

He just gets frustrated against real people, I assume my limited play on the Xbox has bumped up the MMR to a point way past his ability, he's only 6 after all.

I hit a new high of 3700 today, but quickly went back to 3650 after 2 losses. :p

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
My kid is one of those, minus the mic, lol.

He just gets frustrated against real people, I assume my limited play on the Xbox has bumped up the MMR to a point way past his ability, he's only 6 after all.

I hit a new high of 3700 today, but quickly went back to 3650 after 2 losses. :p
Make a new account for him, just limit hit ability to interact with people and he should be fine. That's what I did with my girlfriend lol.

Top Bottom