• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

MG310

feelsgoodman

tumblr_ocfrusZULY1tg90d6o2_500.gif

No_Style

Placement matches are much more lopsided tonight. Blown out twice in a row. At this rate I will be going 3-7.

Also, I miss playing with the regular crew; going solo feels like a soulless exercise. :/

Gonna call it for tonight, gained 200 and ended up at 3138.

I can feel the tilt coming on. Just lost a match to a team with an Widow main and a solo Lucio despite the fact that I was on Winston and killing those 2 nonstop AND we had 2 healers.....I'm a good Winston, but if I have 4 Golds as him theres a serious problem.

Had some really fun (and successful) attack Widowmaker games today, on ps4 no less.

I can't believe I'm saying this but she is so close to being in a good place, at least on PS4. Her damage output is pretty much perfect now with the scope + charge buff - the only things still holding her back are the slightly too long CDs and weak ult.

If they shave a couple of seconds off her grappling hook and added something to her ult I think she'd be perfect. What though I'm not sure. I was thinking of maybe something like while her ult is active she can overcharge her shots to 130% instead of the usual 100%? That way she would be back into body shot-kills-tracer territory but only while her ult is active.

NeoRaider

I personally have better experiance in QP compared to Ranked.

In Ranked players are leaving so much, they get mad for little things, they are screaming, swearing... i had to just take off my headphones few times because i couldn't stand all that.

I will never forget one guy from Russia or Ukraine, literally bullying other guy who played Hog just because he wasn't able to catch and kill Tracer and Genji. Guy just left after 2 minutes of screaming at him.

Let's not talk about ppl blaming each other every time you don't win. It's SO toxic. I never expernced that kind of behavior in QP.

I personally have better experiance in QP compared to Ranked.

In Ranked players are leaving so much, they get mad for little things, they are screaming, swearing... i had to just take off my headphones few times because i couldn't stand all that.

I will never forget one guy from Russia or Ukraine, literally bullying other guy who played Hog just because he wasn't able to catch and kill Tracer and Genji. Guy just left after 2 minutes of screaming at him.

Let's not talk about ppl blaming each other every time you don't win. It's SO toxic. I never expernced that kind of behavior in QP.

Yeah I am about to switch back to QP full time. I really like the scoring system in ranked but QP is just so much more fun. It's kind of a shitshow often, but it's more enjoyable 100% of the time. Plus I can have fun playing someone like Torb and not be accused of trying to throw the game. Ranked really has become horribly toxic, it's exhausting, and kind of makes me sad because the game itself has so much positive personality and is just so lovable, having humans yelling nightmarish things at each other takes a lot of that away.

Good God it was a really bad night for competitive for me. Lost like 200 rank. I can't even blame my teams it was literally strong matchups where we just came up short.

caesar

Banned
Maybe it's just a difference in cultures but i can say that the toxicity has been a rarity for me.

Same here, seen alot people tilt but rarely attack others. Sometimes people blame the loss on others but thats always going to happen, everyone in here does it too.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hey ya'll, do overwatch credits expire? The whatever gold currency used in game to buy cosmetic stuff. I went on a bit of a loot box binge now for whatever reason and accumulated a couple of thousands of credit from the duplicates and currency 'drops' alone.

Just need to know if I have to go spend it all in case it gets wiped every now and again.

KiraFA37

Hey ya'll, do overwatch credits expire? The whatever gold currency used in game to buy cosmetic stuff. I went on a bit of a loot box binge now for whatever reason and accumulated a couple of thousands of credit from the duplicates and currency 'drops' alone.

Just need to know if I have to go spend it all in case it gets wiped every now and again.

It will stay there till the end of time.

Funny game on Hanamura during comp, teams were evenly matched and we just had to take the second point on attack to win otherwise it is a tie. During the previous push I survived as Zenyatta and was stuck under the bridge quietly calling for help. Last 10 seconds go in and our team just walks onto the point from the front, Reinhard with his shield and Roadhog coming in nanoboosted with his ult, as soon as they where on the bridge I just came out with my ult. And we proceed to take the point. The enemy didn't even contest it given us the win. They probably didn't expect it since we always came in from the top or they were amazed by the amount of lights and particles from our assault. In the end we were all like whut? but hey a wins a win.

Greddleok

I also really like quick play, I get too worked up about competitive sometimes.

I just REALLY wish I didn't have to play the arcade mode every week to get the boxes. I know...I technically don't have to, but I want those damn boxes!

Hit 3000 comp points again. Time for the second golden weapon. I have Zenyatta and I'm torn between Mercy, Winston, Zarya, Soldier 76 and Pharah.

NeoRaider

Had 2 3v3 matches in a row where 2 players from losing left, after 2-0.
Why is this not a win for my team but canceled match?? I don't get it. Are these ppl receiving penalties for leaving 3v3? This game can be so not fair and frustrating sometimes.

Had 2 3v3 matches in a row where 2 players from losing left, after 2-0.
Why is this not a win for my team but canceled match?? I don't get it. Are these ppl receiving penalties for leaving 3v3? This game can be so not fair and frustrating sometimes.

Yeah it's totally braindead that it doesn't award a win if the other team quits out. This is basic stuff Blizzard is still getting wrong.

Skii

Maybe it's just a difference in cultures but i can say that the toxicity has been a rarity for me.

I've had people tell others to kill themselves on team chat. But never anything verbally. I think the best part is that the people that are abusive are usually the worst players on the team even if they've picked meta heroes.

Blues1990

I'm slowly inching back, but oh boy, there are a lot of stupid players on right now. I thought playing at night would reduce that, but I guess that's not the case. :/

Tried a game of QP, but no, I hate it. No one tries to work as a team or coordinate a push, enemy widowmakers and pharahs just going uncontested the entire time despite having a Genji and Soldier on the team, shit like that. I haven't really had that much toxicity in Comp, I see no reason to play QP ever, basically, except to just practice heroes.

Theorry

Well atleast in QP nobody really leaves. I am now for 20 min online and still havent played a match for longer then 1 minute. Because someone leaves with in a minute everytime. And its not connection stuff really. Because would be weird that people have "connection issues" only in competitive.

ISOM

Tried a game of QP, but no, I hate it. No one tries to work as a team or coordinate a push, enemy widowmakers and pharahs just going uncontested the entire time despite having a Genji and Soldier on the team, shit like that. I haven't really had that much toxicity in Comp, I see no reason to play QP ever, basically, except to just practice heroes.

Yeah, I could never 100% play just quickplay. It's just trash most of the time compared to competitive because teams are just much less organized or adhering to actual team comps.

As for the toxicity in competitive, I've gotten it and given it. So it's never really bothered me. You take it in and move on.

Had some really fun (and successful) attack Widowmaker games today, on ps4 no less.

I can't believe I'm saying this but she is so close to being in a good place, at least on PS4. Her damage output is pretty much perfect now with the scope + charge buff - the only things still holding her back are the slightly too long CDs and weak ult.

If they shave a couple of seconds off her grappling hook and added something to her ult I think she'd be perfect. What though I'm not sure. I was thinking of maybe something like while her ult is active she can overcharge her shots to 130% instead of the usual 100%? That way she would be back into body shot-kills-tracer territory but only while her ult is active.

Personally the only thing I think WM needs is a change to her hook. Allow her to choose either to disconnect the hook for those swinging movements or leave it hanging so she can hang off walls or ceilings so she can snipe from far more positions.

maomaoIYP

This shit happens way too often, it's so fucking annoying. The 5 stack on my side are obviously not even communicating amongst themselves, Reinhardt goes off by himself while his party mates run in another direction.

Blues1990

Weekends are the worst. I've never gained any significant rank on weekends.

I hear you, as I make it a self-reminder to not play on the weekend for the same reason you've stated. But I thought playing the Arcade might be fun, but people are just going off and not sticking together/co-operating to reach the objective.

AbaFadi

Banned
This shit happens way too often, it's so fucking annoying. The 5 stack on my side are obviously not even communicating amongst themselves, Reinhardt goes off by himself while his party mates run in another direction.

Can't imagine you lost more than 4 SR from that game lol. But yeah I know what you mean, happens to me all the time when I play solo.

maomaoIYP

Can't imagine you lost more than 4 SR from that game lol. But yeah I know what you mean, happens to me all the time when I play solo.

I lost 2 SR, but then it happened again 2 more times in the space of 4 games. The last game had 2 GMs even.
I had to stop and play something else.

Placement matches are much more lopsided tonight. Blown out twice in a row. At this rate I will be going 3-7.

Also, I miss playing with the regular crew; going solo feels like a soulless exercise. :/
Just wait until I manage to fumble my way to the end of The Last Guardian, and I'll most likely be back.

Greddleok

I hear you, as I make it a self-reminder to not play on the weekend for the same reason you've stated. But I thought playing the Arcade might be fun, but people are just going off and not sticking together/co-operating to reach the objective.

I play QP and Titanfall on the weekends. Unless I have a buddy online.

AngryMoth

Personally on ps4 I've only experienced a handful of players I'd describe as "toxic" and even they weren't that bad. 80% of my games no one is in team chat anyway but the people I run into are generally polite and don't go off on team mates. Maybe I'm just lucky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AbaFadi

Banned
Personally on ps4 I've only experienced a handful of players I'd describe as "toxic" and even they weren't that bad. 80% of my games no one is in team chat anyway but the people I run into are generally polite and don't go off on team mates. Maybe I'm just lucky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know a lot of toxic players by name lol. Some of these people are so toxic people throw when they're on the same team as them.

Weekends are the worst. I've never gained any significant rank on weekends.

Has anyone ever come up with a credible theory for why this is so? I mean, I assume the idea is that all the shit players (i.e. me) only play on weekends because more free time, but doesn't that also mean that the weekdays are full of people who are way better and so I'd just get shit upon from a greater height?

Theorry

Weird thing is there are always 2 or 3 guys in teamchat with me but i never hear them really. Wich is weird. On Xbox One btw.

Skyzard

Banned
I wish matchmaking takes KDR into consideration for any given SR. I don't care if the other team is better too, at least my team wouldn't be as bad as often as they are now and I'd get more close games/funner matches.

Might end up with no one wanting to take support though.

I've had toxic people even when winning games...

Had an attack torb on hollywood, then eventually when I said the enemy had no hitscan, someone go pharah he eventually switched. Shortly after the switch, we teamwiped the enemy.

He then went on saying how awesome he is then our 76 said he carried him till he went pharah. When the cards came out, the 76 had a whopping 86% kill participation had a 56 kill streak. So yeah, it's pretty safe to say he was carried hard.

Vitanimus

Went 8-2 on my placements, with one of them being a d/c cuz my dad cut off my internet without mentioning anything. Got 2455 SR; my highest last season was something like 2532. Feels good!

bjork

I got to level 10 today. My best was 34 kills in an attack game with Symmetra at the Lijang Tower map. I think having people mostly around my level helped that out a lot, though. In games with higher-level dudes, I'm still getting taken out a ton.

I'd sit down and watch strategy videos or something, because I still feel like it hasn't clicked for me yet, but every one I've come across is some dude attempting comedy. Is there no super dry Overwatch beginner strategy I can watch?

Tuesday.

Fingers crossed for Symmetra buff to go live, too. I'm so ready for her to not be a troll pick, anymore. I fucking hate Symmetra so much.

I like her. :(

Sullichin

I got to level 10 today. My best was 34 kills in an attack game with Symmetra at the Lijang Tower map. I think having people mostly around my level helped that out a lot, though. In games with higher-level dudes, I'm still getting taken out a ton.

I'd sit down and watch strategy videos or something, because I still feel like it hasn't clicked for me yet, but every one I've come across is some dude attempting comedy. Is there no super dry Overwatch beginner strategy I can watch?

I like her. :(

In higher levels you will just get yelled at for using Symmetra on attack, even though you played well as her. Enjoy it! Although she is getting better soon.

antitrop

In higher levels you will just get yelled at for using Symmetra on attack, even though you played well as her. Enjoy it! Although she is getting better soon.
I don't yell at people, I just suck up the loss and complain about it later on GAF.

Being an asshole about it doesn't make the game go any smoother, but it's nice to have a place to vent.

ohkay

I had a game on King's Row last night with a charge happy Rein. I was playing Ana and noticed our team was dying a lot because we didn't have a constant shield up so I asked the Rein to stop charging headfirst into the entire enemy team so much. His reply: "but I have gold damage," which was probably enabled by me tossing grenades/healing him when he would go in. I feel now that I should've let him die to learn a lesson.

Weird thing is there are always 2 or 3 guys in teamchat with me but i never hear them really. Wich is weird. On Xbox One btw.
You can still be in the voice channel even if you don't have a mic. You have to actively opt out in order to not be in the chat. Those are probably just people who haven't touched the sound settings.

Top Bottom