• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Dreavus

They should just make QP count towards your first 9 wins of the week loot boxes. There's literally no reason not to. It solves the problem of "forcing" people to play Arcade mode AND it makes people want to win QP.

I'd really like this. I usually do Mystery heroes for some semblance of a normal 6v6 game but it's obviously not quite the same.

I want to see everyone's opinions on maps in this game.

Rank maps that you are most comfortable playing on to least comfortable.

Numbani
King's Row
Gibraltar
Hollywood
Lijiang
Nepal
Anubis
Eichenwalde
Hanamura
Dorado
Route 66
Volskaya
Ilios

Lijiang Tower (Tracer <3)
King's Row
Eichenwalde
Nepal
Watchpoint Gibraltar
Route 66
Dorado
Numbani
Hollywood
Temple of Anubis
Hanamura
Volskaya Industries
Ilios

I don't know how I'd rank them all, but Lijiang would be at the top because Tracer

Same.

Literally impossible for me to make progress this season of competitive because of this fucking shit tier matchmaking. I should really stop playing competitive because it is so awful. ELO hell is too fucking real. It's one step forward five steps back. Infuriating.

ISOM

Just saw some of the worst Reinhardt play I've ever seen. Dude kept putting his shield down for no reason while I was trying to come back to it for protection. I know his shield wasn't really that low either. And he kept giving up major ground to the other team by backing up even though he didn't need to.

Anne

Honestly Hanamura and Anubis aren't that bad. If some of the unholiest of stalls weren't available 2CP could be fine right now. We went from snowballing like crazy to having crazy stalls.

3 game winning streak put me at 2967. One more win should do it.

EDIT: Yessss, next game almost the entire enemy team quit in the first round of KOTH, but not in time for the match to cancel.
We're back, baby

Congrats :)

I'm almost at gold right now.
I started as a diamond though, so I think I'm going the wrong way lol

Anne

I Shasta felt that if they just moved the spawn of b back a few metres 2cp would be fine.

I'm more curious what would happen if Ana + tanks + Mei weren't making stall absolutely ludicrous. I do think there will need to a bit more tuning even if that was nerfed but it's a big factor right now.

Like Hanamura's first point stall out with that type of team is unholy before you even make it to the second point.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thing is I kind of want some aspect of stall, but the stall needs to only get 1-2 chances to win the teamfight at most, not near indefinite.

JHall

So, my buddy and I are playing comp. Keep in mind I'm at 3700 and he's at 3900 on PC. We get matched up with a player on our team that was 2400 last season, and was placed in high Masters after his placement because he went 9-1. Blizzard pls...

Anne

I am officially grumpy with Blizzard's map pool stipulations at events. Assuming it's them. I just don't get it really :<

Kito

People can be so fucking dumb. Had a D.Va on my team on Gibraltar that never cared about a McCree that was always on the higher ground shooting at us, instead she was protecting me, a Zarya, always eating my fucking charge. Why?????????????

Had to change to Winston, which I rarely play in comp, to deal with McCree. When I'm doing this she starts to group up with me again, like she was noticing McCree up there for the first time, leaving the rest of my team unprotected.

And she spammed thanks at the end of the game when we lost.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I have been experiencing a pandemic of D.Vas that NEVER fly and thus let perched snipers or dps endlessly shoot the team. Do you even realise boosters can take you UP? Jesus.

Just had one of my best matches in ages.

Our team was getting lit up on Illos and we eventually ended up 0-2 (Wasn't bad teammates or anything, we just werent clicking for some reason). I go Winston for shits and giggles and end up clutching so hard than we turned that round around, then ended up winning the second round.

Ended up losing the last round, but it felt pretty awesome having a bunch of randoms saying I was one of the best Winstons they ever played with and constantly getting hype whenever I leaped into battle. My favorite moment was bitch slapping a Ulting McCree off the ledge before he could pull it off.

It always annoys me a bit on a primal level when I see a 3 man or bigger premade refusing to heal and just locking DPS/Tank roles.

Never seems to work out well for us

I forgot how fun Zen can be to play. Those instant charged headshot kills always make me a little erect.

Also just accidentally made a player rage quit lol. Tried to insta-lock Mei, somehow hit Torbjorn. Stupid skill menu kept popping up and by the time i got out he had left.

I just witnessed the best thing ever.

A Reaper not only doing a fail panic ult, but also managing to somehow suicide while doing it. If he had dropped ontop of us he probably would have saved the game for his team.

Also just heard a Zen say "I didn't heal you because it would give away my position" while he was hiding in a corner and watching me slowly die in a Mei ult. So i guess the fail always balances out.

Enough OW for today, it was probably one of the worst days ever.

I just had this two games to finish the day.

We lost. I don't know what I'm supposed to do more to win a game.

Maybe the secret is to play Torb.

I just witnessed the best thing ever.

A Reaper not only doing a fail panic ult, but also managing to somehow suicide while doing it. If he had dropped ontop of us he probably would have saved the game for his team.

Sent you an invite, my PSNid is NDFP88EU.

Won't be playing anymore today though, I had enough disappointments for just one day.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I hate any map where the last point seems to vastly allow rushing/stalling tactics for the defense team.

Same. Never was a huge fan of 2cp but it seems especially worse since so many people already run Dva, and just having her with more health alternating with a Mei is just fucking awful.

maomaoIYP

A shitcake on PS4 quits just as the opposing cart is 20m away from the final point, causing us to lose the final team fight, bagging a loss.
His psn ID? "Hanzonly_" Thanks, asshat.

Finally got a streak going here, started at 2947, currently at 3111. This time I'm REALLY gonna stop once I lose lol.

All of these wins have been lucky as hell. Either enemy teammates failing, lucky finishing ults, or rage quitters

EDIT: Looks like its over. This team has a terrible ass 3 man premade, they keep over extending and dying when they have no need to be, or leaving us alone on point

Top Bottom