• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

omgkitty

Just finished my placement, and got 2351. Not bad since I just started playing this game a few weeks ago. Got lucky and was able to go D.Va every match. So, anyone want to team up with me. I'm on PS4 :)

Edit: Never mind, I'm platinum now. Had a great first game, but then spent the entire second game listening to two dudes arguing about the meta :|

Strazyplus

Finally done my last competitive positioning game, the rank is so low I just sitting here ashamed I don't think I can go on anymore...

Kito

Is it me or this season is kinda bad? I'm always in a team that loses every match or has a lot of quitters! The season 2 was waaay better than this!

I was very rank volatile in S2 (and S1), oscillating between 2300-2800, whereas in S3 I've stayed at 2600. Win one lose one; rarely getting a streak.

One thing I've noticed this season is that 222 is ingrained into the playerbase, for better or for worse. Nowhere in the game is it prescripted, yet it's the de facto format. I've sometimes had teams exploit the format by going triple tank or triple dps, and we steamroll because the opponents aren't flexible with their 222.

After having horrible placements matches (2-8) and getting placed 300SR less than what I finished last season with, I finally managed to hit GM.

Kn2BJiO.jpg

Big Nikus

One day I play well, the day after I'm garbage.
Yesterday some people told me to never play Junkrat ever again. And today they said kind words in the chat, saying I saved the game and was a sick Junkrat. Feels good.
Time to suck again tomorrow.

One day I play well, the day after I'm garbage.
Yesterday some people told me to never play Junkrat ever again. And today they said kind words in the chat, saying I saved the game and was a sick Junkrat. Feels good.
Time to suck again tomorrow.

Only play every other day. You'll be unstoppable.

Alucrid

Banned
Good luck to them, but NRG are better without

yeah. just saw that connorj and ajax went to another team. wonder where manofsnow ended up. never really followed esports aside from fighting games so these roster changes continue to throw me for a loop.

Sorry if I didnt respond to invites today. I was on an insane solo win streak, havent lost a game in like 2 hours lol. Currently at 3506, gained like 300 points today lol.

I have a standing rule that says I only play competitive games until I lose two, and then I stop for the day.

I can see now that all this rule will do is cause me to play two games, lose two in a row, and then quit without having won a single game that day. Every day. Forever. Until I'm SR 0.

AbaFadi

Banned
Okay, is it Dva's job to fight Pharah? I know she can stall her missiles to buy time for a soldier to take her out, but should Dva be proactively engaging her?

Before Pharah's buff to her lift I was able to fight her pretty well as D.Va. It's really hard to do it now though, she goes too high up.

MG310

i was in a match where we had McCree & Soldier, but our Zen was constantly on me (D.Va) about 'taking care' of Pharah (and usually I would, but the enemy team was very smothering, and my team just could not get it together)... he tells me to switch off, so he can 'handle' Pharah as D.Va instead. So I'm like OK, cool. I switch off and let him have D.va... we lose, of course. I'm the only one w/ a card - 10k damage as D.Va.

a damn mess.

Do it yourself Zen!

Shooting Pharah out of the sky with him or hooking her with Roadhog is one of the most satisfying kills.

ISOM

I have a standing rule that says I only play competitive games until I lose two, and then I stop for the day.

I can see now that all this rule will do is cause me to play two games, lose two in a row, and then quit without having won a single game that day. Every day. Forever. Until I'm SR 0.

If I'm on a losing streaking, I usually try to play until I win a few games to end the day on a positive note otherwise yeah it ends up how you say lol.

Gonna follow my friends rule now that I'm probably super close to the top 500 threshold whenever it starts. Just gonna play a game weekly so I don't get penalized, and only keep playing till I lose.

MUnited83

For you.
Okay, is it Dva's job to fight Pharah? I know she can stall her missiles to buy time for a soldier to take her out, but should Dva be proactively engaging her?

If she is at full health probably not, otherwise boosting into her and take a few shots before falling down can help.

If I'm on a losing streaking, I usually try to play until I win a few games to end the day on a positive note otherwise yeah it ends up how you say lol.

This never happens to me. Ever. I just went back in for some more games. One draw, one loss. I'm now below SR1500.

Why do I do this to myself? It's like I want to constantly feel bad about myself or something. How the fuck do I get better? Nothing I try works anymore.

cyborg009

Banned
This never happens to me. Ever. I just went back in for some more games. One draw, one loss. I'm now below SR1500.

Why do I do this to myself? It's like I want to constantly feel bad about myself or something. How the fuck do I get better? Nothing I try works anymore.

play selfish.

Are you with a team, or solo queue? You might just need a regular team to get some direction with them, to help you stay on track for your role.

Are you with a team, or solo queue? You might just need a regular team to get some direction with them, to help you stay on track for your role.

I don't know anyone else who plays this game, so it's solo queue or nothing. Never mind that grouping up didn't do anything to halt my freefall in season 1.

UPDATE: LET'S SEE IF I CAN DROP ALL THE WAY TO 1000 TONIGHT. New plan is to embrace the fact that I am shit and will always be shit forever.

rulerk1

Had some good Hanzo matches tonight. Why is it when I'm doing decently someone switches to him? I hate that match up so much.

AbaFadi

Banned
Gonna follow my friends rule now that I'm probably super close to the top 500 threshold whenever it starts. Just gonna play a game weekly so I don't get penalized, and only keep playing till I lose.

Top 500 on ps4 is probably grandmaster. There's a lot more grandmasters this season.

Snagret

I don't know anyone else who plays this game, so it's solo queue or nothing. Never mind that grouping up didn't do anything to halt my freefall in season 1.

UPDATE: LET'S SEE IF I CAN DROP ALL THE WAY TO 1000 TONIGHT. New plan is to embrace the fact that I am shit and will always be shit forever.
Dude, I feel you lol. I consistently have several gold medals at the end of a match (usually in healing since I main support) and I've lost 90% of matches since getting out of placements. It's brutal. Solo queue is torture :(

Moonkid

Won a close game in Nepal, lost one in Lijiang :'(

stealth edit: Now for Ilios, what a time to be alive.

2799, only 201 more 😭

Blues1990

Had some good Hanzo matches tonight. Why is it when I'm doing decently someone switches to him? I hate that match up so much.
I know the feeling, man. When I was on a decent kill streak with Zenyatta, someone on my team switched to him to be a buzzkill. So sad.

Top 500 on ps4 is probably grandmaster. There's a lot more grandmasters this season.

Crap hadnt thought about that. Atleast my SR still seems to be really fluid, getting like 35-50 points a win, and still barely losing more than 20.

Just checked and at 3472 I'm ranked right around #3000, so yeah probably a couple hundred more SR to go.

Xater

this is the only christmas skin for reinhardt i will accept.
the straights/lesbians got halloween for mercy, it's time for something for the gays/other straights

I am expecting a santa outfit for Torbjörn. I could see them giving Reinhardt something Krampus inspired.

Top Bottom