• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Theorry

You can still be in the voice channel even if you don't have a mic. You have to actively opt out in order to not be in the chat. Those are probably just people who haven't touched the sound settings.

Ah oke. Overall the voip stuff seems abit weird. There are group and team and both also have auto join and On. Wich seems to be the same thing?

KiraFA37

Any EU PC players on later tonight that wanna group up for comp? I'm at 2800 SR and trying to break into diamand, mostly just looking for good games though.

Blues1990

Any EU PC players on later tonight that wanna group up for comp? I'm at 2800 SR and trying to break into diamand, mostly just looking for good games though.

I frequently play with the EU members of GAF, so consider me interested. When do you want me to join in on the fun?

BT: Blues1990#1733

No_Style

Just wait until I manage to fumble my way to the end of The Last Guardian, and I'll most likely be back.

Take your time. I just wanted to see how life in solo queue was after all this time.

Placed 2911 and now 2880 after a couple more losses. Expected worse to be honest. Probably going to juggle TitanFall 2 and The Last Guardian until the event starts.

Gurrry

Im not sure what it is but i have been on a horrible losing streak. From 2750ish to 2550. I have gotten paired with people whose names are "HanzoOnly" or the latest, "SymmetraOnly". Im not kidding.

I kinda feel like im done with competitive for awhile.

Made it to 2721 after dropping down to 255X today

Whoo i think thats enough for today. Dont wanna ruin a good streak.

Its nice when you end on a good note.

Im not sure what it is but i have been on a horrible losing streak. From 2750ish to 2550. I have gotten paired with people whose names are "HanzoOnly" or the latest, "SymmetraOnly". Im not kidding.

I kinda feel like im done with competitive for awhile.

Today really feels like there a bunch of terrible people playing. Like the worst people playing haha

These two videos are awesome:

Seagull - placement matches

Overwatch WTF Moments Ep.27

je_D0K.gif

lol

I've had much better luck in solo/duo queue this season than 6 man.(what I usually play in) When I'm in a 6 man, people refuse to play Reinhardt. I wish I was better at him so I could fill that role. Anyways, went on a 7 game winstreak and got my boy to Masters. Hopefully, I'm next. Gaining a lot from each win rn.

RedHill

Banned
Was just in a match where an older black male and a young prepubescent kid were in the mics. The game was over and right before the voice channel ended the kid called him the N-word. I'm getting really tired of the toxicity.

Take your time. I just wanted to see how life in solo queue was after all this time.

Placed 2911 and now 2880 after a couple more losses. Expected worse to be honest. Probably going to juggle TitanFall 2 and The Last Guardian until the event starts.
It's probably kinda shitty of me to say, but I'm glad you didn't place on diamond so I have someone to play with. :p

Moonkid

Was just in a match where an older black male and a young prepubescent kid were in the mics. The game was over and right before the voice channel ended the kid called him the N-word. I'm getting really tired of the toxicity.
I feel like Blizzard could be a lot more proactive in combating undesirable behaviour. The status quo is not okay.

Nimby

Banned

I would:

1. Find his username
2. See if his FB profile is attached somewhere
3. Go to his FB page
4. Find his mother
5. Snitch

Kids today are fucked up. It's likely his mother enables it so it would probably be worthless.

I've been seeing a lot of bunnyhopping recently and don't really get it in a lot of instances. Maybe it's always been there and I never paid attention to it but lately I have. Just played a few game as Lucio and several people on the other teams were constantly bunnyhopping despite the fact that Lucio's orbs are quite large and their jumps are no where near as high as they think they are.

This McCree kept doing his dumb little jump and all my shots still landed. Two matches in a row and he kept jumping around. Is it a way to try and avoid headshot damage, throw off snipers, or just a hold over from the old days of shooters?

I can see in certain situations in might be effective, such as jumping to avoid a headshot from a sniper. But when your on the ground against opponents with a gun that has a large spread it doesn't do shit.

Arkhanor

Is it me or this season is kinda bad? I'm always in a team that loses every match or has a lot of quitters! The season 2 was waaay better than this!

Is it me or this season is kinda bad? I'm always in a team that loses every match or has a lot of quitters! The season 2 was waaay better than this!

This week has been great for me..... Today however has been atrocious. Quitters, terrible Widowmakers who like to stand back and miss. Sigh.

Ah oke. Overall the voip stuff seems abit weird. There are group and team and both also have auto join and On. Wich seems to be the same thing?

Team = everyone on your team who's not in another chat channel.
Group = only the people in your current group, if you're in one.

Both are auto-join but Group takes precedence. Often, if you're solo-queuing alongside a premade group, they won't be listening on team chat because they're in their own group channel; they have to actively switch back to team in order to talk to you.

Zekes!

I've definitely had some questionable teams. Lots of people who obviously 'main' characters even when they don't work for our team comp or objective. It's frustrating

AngryMoth

Match making has felt better to me this season honestly, hasn't felt like many of my games have been too one-sided. Also only had one person leave my team after about 25 matches which is way better than my rate in the previous seasons.

Magwik

Banned
Dude picks third tank forcing me off DPS to play Healer
Complains about Pharrah and switches to solider
Continues to never kill Pharrah and just keeps saying he's working on it. Round lost.

Uggggh

Finally a good day after so many terrible losses. 5-1 always with Soldier on victories and a bit of Hog. My only loss was playing Zenyatta because there was a worthless duo on my team that played Hanzo-McCree during the whole game when they definitely weren't the best picks looking at what the other team had. But you guys know how it is, they will never change...

maomaoIYP

Continues to never kill Pharrah and just keeps saying he's working on it. Round lost.

Uggggh

2 dudes pick Soldier and Pharah on attack at Gibraltar.
We have Reidhardt and Zarya. I play Zen. The 2 dps spend the entire round fucking off by themselves, making me the only 'dps' behind the tanks. Not even sure where the Lucio is the whole game. We never make it to the 1st checkpoint.

xaosslug

Uggggh

i was in a match where we had McCree & Soldier, but our Zen was constantly on me (D.Va) about 'taking care' of Pharah (and usually I would, but the enemy team was very smothering, and my team just could not get it together)... he tells me to switch off, so he can 'handle' Pharah as D.Va instead. So I'm like OK, cool. I switch off and let him have D.va... we lose, of course. I'm the only one w/ a card - 10k damage as D.Va.

a damn mess.

i was in a match where we had McCree & Soldier, but our Zen was constantly on me (D.Va) about 'taking care' of Pharah (and usually I would, but the enemy team was very smothering, and my team just could not get it together)... he tells me to switch off, so he can 'handle' Pharah as D.Va instead. So I'm like OK, cool. I switch off and let him have D.va... we lose, of course. I'm the only one w/ a card - 10k damage as D.Va.

a damn mess.

Okay, is it Dva's job to fight Pharah? I know she can stall her missiles to buy time for a soldier to take her out, but should Dva be proactively engaging her?

a damn mess.

Why would the D.Va take care of Pharah when the team has S76 and McCree? What?

Ellite25

What the fuck! I got randomly disconnected from the server as we were about to win the game, tried to hop back into the game but I got temporarily banned and lost about 100 points off my rating. I'm so annoyed right now, such bullshit :| :|

Skii

Yeah playing on the weekend is a piece of shit.

I was 10 points off platinum and now I'm 150 off. Honestly I've had everything today. Teams with McCree, Soldier and Ana letting a Pharah run absolutely rampant. Teams that hold second checkpoint only to get completely destroyed by a Mei and can't even make first checkpoint even though we had a Reaper. I've had to practically beg people to pick healers over 4th DPS today.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah playing on the weekend is a piece of shit.

I was 10 points off platinum and now I'm 150 off. Honestly I've had everything today. Teams with McCree, Soldier and Ana letting a Pharah run absolutely rampant. Teams that hold second checkpoint only to get completely destroyed by a Mei and can't even make first checkpoint even though we had a Reaper. I've had to practically beg people to pick healers over 4th DPS today.
It's just sad how people still refuse to pick healers. Also sucks when you do good with a group but nobody ever wants to group up post match >.>

There's always GM. Or you could just group up with us so we could tank together like the last time lol.

At least you should have really good games at that rank, with the ocasional troll once in a while.
Yea i wouldn't mind grouping up. Maybe I just won't play DPS in our group.

I've pretty much just been using Dva and support so far and it's worked pretty well.

xaosslug

Okay, is it Dva's job to fight Pharah? I know she can stall her missiles to buy time for a soldier to take her out, but should Dva be proactively engaging her?

it's not, but I (as D.Va) do usually end up doing it, because the rest of the team dies ignoring her. -__-

Why would the D.Va take care of Pharah when the team has S76 and McCree? What?

exactly! I was like wtf? He would not let up. xD

Top Bottom