• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That is, until you kill an enemy Symmetra & he loses his shit on her.

no one likes symmetra she doesnt count
tumblr_of0tsymiZd1rmkk3no1_1280.png

Fancolors

Wat.

Waaaaaaaaaat.

Isn't genji an actual quadruple amputee though.

Well, yeah. Outside the obvious ones like Genji (well, I don't what he lost so maybe his body is just fucked up and not actually lacking limbs) and Torb, only Symm is the one who lacks a limb.

Tovarisc

Wat.

Waaaaaaaaaat.

Isn't genji an actual quadruple amputee though.

You sure Genji is a quadruple amputee?
To me he always was a head ala Futurama.

I was thinking same. Didn't his body get so badly damaged that even Mercy couldn't save him so they ended up turning him into Ninjarobocop?

Edit: Is it really amputation when everything below neck is basically dead? I guess...

Filben

Tracer and Genji are great at KOTH, and they're great at attacking for a specific purpose: opening up another angle of attack, from the back.

On defense, the concern is not the same, you're better off having DPS characters that complement each other, ie: Mei and McCree. One to limit movement, the other to address all types of threat (on the ground as well as upstairs or Pharah). McCree's approach is more global, Tracer and Genji zero in on the squishies, which can work of course, but is not ideal. Also, that's key: you want McCree to protect your healers from the Genjis and the Tracers.

Now, to be honest, as for McCree, I strongly believe people shouldn't pick him unless they average 14k damage with 49% accuracy at least. Too many people pick him when they can't sustain those numbers. So, pick a DPS with a more protective mindset, which Tracer and Genji are not anyway.

As a compromise, I'd pick Reaper if McCree is not possible and Mei is already taken. Go standard.
Thanks for elaboration!

Apathy

no one likes symmetra she doesnt count
tumblr_of0tsymiZd1rmkk3no1_1280.png

Lol that's how funny I would picture any trip to a map would be for these characters that hate each other. Imagine reaper with anyone else from the old overwatch. Him trying to kill them in the plane and them going "stop that"

TheContact

Just tried out Sombra on the PTR and her abilities are insane. I love her cloaking mechanic, I want to see what it looks like when another person uses it, like if she's completely invisible or if it's like a "predator" cloak
Her beacon is going to be insane when pro players can use it right, it almost takes a tracer-like mindset to use that ability to its potential

Fancolors

lol why is it there are so many amputees in this game anyway? Is there even a story to that.

Those sweet robo-powers gotta come at a price, you know.

This all makes Symm's background kinda horrifying tho. I mean, doesn't it mean she had to give up her arm when she was a little girl because of corporate interests, the 'greater good' or something?

Tovarisc

lol why is it there are so many amputees in this game anyway? Is there even a story to that.

Symmetra is only amputee officially. Others just have augmented themselves to improve their performance levels. I'm not sure what good Cree's hand is doing for him considering he doesn't use it to fire so more stable etc. isn't benefit given by aug hand.

Apathy

Symmetra is only amputee officially. Others just have augmented themselves to improve their performance levels. I'm not sure what good Cree's hand is doing for him considering he doesn't use it to fire so more stable etc. isn't benefit of aug hand.

He uses the arm like a level

Symmetra is only amputee officially. Others just have augmented themselves to improve their performance levels. I'm not sure what good Cree's hand is doing for him considering he doesn't use it to fire so more stable etc. isn't benefit given by aug hand.

Pretty sure Junkrat blew off his limbs - although I'm not sure if that actually counts as an amputee or not.

Tovarisc

Pretty sure Junkrat blew off his limbs - although I'm not sure if that actually counts as an amputee or not.

Quick google on definition of amputee implies that person through his or hers own will had one or more limbs amputated, removed. So was Symmetra without an arm for quite a while so she would count as amputee instead of augmented? Especially if we don't consider characters like McCree amputees, but augmented.

Edit: I think devs kinda stepped into it when they said that Symmetra is only amputee in OW

Rize_21

I'd like some what-if designs.

What if Torbjorn built Genji's body.

Speaking of new skins, we should get the Christmas event starting in a month!
I wonder if Blizzard will already feature Sombra in it?
I bet on Mei/ Winston and Pharah for the epic skins.

Since we're talking about details on the Antarctica map, if you check the cryo chambers, aside from Mei's emptied chamber, there's 2 people from US, one from Spain, one from Sweden and one from Numbani.
When they originally showed the map at Blizzcon, that flag was not Numbani but Ghana.

For comparison, here's the updated cryo chamber (you should pause the video to see it). It seems to have the same name (Opara), but the flag is Numbani.

I wonder what prompted the change.

Moonkeis

I am loving the 3v3, I can see myself putting more hours into this if they continue to support it with new maps in the future.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would love a mode where Torb carries about Genji's head and has to throw it on the ground and build his body without getting killed

MY MASTERPIECE

Skii

Speaking of new skins, we should get the Christmas event starting in a month!
I wonder if Blizzard will already feature Sombra in it?
I bet on Mei/ Winston and Pharah for the epic skins.

Soldier and Torb are definitely getting legendaries. Winston, Mei are getting epics. Others will probably also get them but those 4 are guaranteed because they haven't had seasonal skins yet.

Soldier and Torb are definitely getting legendaries. Winston, Mei are getting epics. Others will probably also get them but those 4 are guaranteed because they haven't had seasonal skins yet.

Soldier and Torb have gotten seasonal skins though.

I expect Mei, Winston and Sombra to get guaranteed seasonal skins, possibly even Legendaries, at least for Mei and Winston. The rest are wildcards, though I think we can disregard Mercy for sure. I also think Reinhardt is unlikely since he's gotten a regular Legendary recently, and a seasonal epic. Genji is in a similar boat with his upcoming Oni skin. Bastion might be as well given the Halloween and Blizzcon skins he's gotten.

So the mystery heroes mode in arcade is just the brawl that's been around forever right?

Yes.

Top Bottom