• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Skii

Soldier and Torb have gotten seasonal skins though.

I expect Mei, Winston and Sombra to get guaranteed seasonal skins, possibly even Legendaries, at least for Mei and Winston. The rest are wildcards, though I think we can disregard Mercy for sure. I also think Reinhardt is unlikely since he's gotten a regular Legendary recently, and a seasonal epic. Genji is in a similar boat with his upcoming Oni skin. Bastion might be as well given the Halloween and Blizzcon skins he's gotten.

Yes.

Oh yeah lol. Well I still think Soldier and Torbs are going to get some sort of skin because it thematically works for them.

Yeah, it went off after the first round in Nepal.

I changed the settings and I'm trying a quickplay. I feel bad lagging in a comp game when it's my own fault, so I wasn't in a hurry to get it back on.

If everything goes well with the quickplay I'll leave it on and keep going.

I'm noticing a crazy long queue time, so it could be a geographical distance at play at the same time.

That said, I made it to #384. :D

Jellie

OOlHF9m.png

Feels bad.
Just had a game where I had most eliminations and most objecetive kills with Ana. 7 and 3 respectively. Solo queing as a support is a tough life.

Dreavus

I really hope the damage from Zarya's laser passing by a target stays and isn't just a PTR thing.

It would make my waifu even better.

Whoa, this is like her HotS implementation looping back around and informing the character's abilities in her original game. One of her quirks in HotS is that her beam can hit multiple foes if you line it up. Crazy!

Someone asked for some pro Sombra vods awhile ago.

If you still want one, Mendo is the best I saw. https://www.twitch.tv/mendokusaii/v/99770062

He was just doing custom games scrims against a bunch of pro/high level players, so the comps were good and he always got Sombra.

He thinks she's basically just a medkit hacker who waits to build her ult. But he was doing some pretty impressive things.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Winston is either Santa or a Yeti/Abominable Snowman
Torb is the grinch
Mei is either Mrs Clause or Santa
Bastion is a christmas tree

Someone asked for some pro Sombra vods awhile ago.

If you still want one, Mendo is the best I saw. https://www.twitch.tv/mendokusaii/v/99770062

He was just doing custom games scrims against a bunch of pro/high level players, so the comps were good and he always got Sombra.

He thinks she's basically just a medkit hacker who waits to build her ult. But he was doing some pretty impressive things.

One thing I notice is that Sombra's ULT is always on hold because of the nature of it. Do you use it? Would the enemy team have used their ults in that fight or not? Then it was a waste if they didn't.

Or you wait for something like Lucio ult and use it for a guaranteed result. I feel that's how her ult is.

EMP breaks shield + applies hack so yes it can. It also hacks healthpack in los.

Hack on it's own though can not used against shields (reindhart/zarya, etc)

Tovarisc

EMP breaks shield + applies hack so yes it can. It also hacks healthpack in los.

I think they took mechanics of Mercy's staff and put them to Hack 1:1. It has same range and once locked on and casting it tracks even through walls for a moment, resulting you getting hacked after breaking LOS.

Prelude.

But does it break the Rein shield and that's it, or does it bypass it completely and hacks everyone behind it?

Anne

Some of the players from the World Cup are talking about some things being different than expected thanks to the 144 tick servers.

Apathy

Some of the players from the World Cup are talking about some things being different than expected thanks to the 144 tick servers.

They practiced at what they thought it was going to be set at if blizzard didn't give them a heads up. The change can make a difference.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want nonseasonal epic skins. Most of the seasonal ones lose their flavor after the even'ts over. Genji Oni is a good start. I'm hoping Sym gets a new skin with her redesign.

People get pissed if you pick Soldier, but I still feel he's the easiest on console to lay out constant, consistent damage.

It's just hard for him to finish anything off, which is a big deal in the Ana meta. But he's definitely better on console, and will be top tier if the buffs go through.

Tovarisc

People get pissed if you pick Soldier, but I still feel he's the easiest on console to lay out constant, consistent damage.

He can do constant and steady damage, but isn't very good at burst damage. Current meta is very much about being able to deliver high volume of burst damage [e.g. nanoed reaper blossom into regular fire]. Popping rockets once in a while isn't cutting it hence people being tad cold towards Soldier.

Baleoce

Question: Is the PTR meant to be an outdated version of my character profile / progress, or is there a way for me to update it? It's about 2 months out of date I think.

How I see it if you're not a good shot with mccree, picking soldier is your best option. Still able to lay down tons of damage and be productive. A bad soldier can at least hit something compared to a bad mccree

Blues1990

I want nonseasonal epic skins. Most of the seasonal ones lose their flavor after the even'ts over. Genji Oni is a good start. I'm hoping Sym gets a new skin with her redesign.

While this will probably not happen, it would be smashing if we could get a colour editor and we could create two custom colour alt. skins for each hero. I really want to create this colour swap for D.Va:

do5aVYe.jpg

Ramirez

It's just hard for him to finish anything off, which is a big deal in the Ana meta. But he's definitely better on console, and will be top tier if the buffs go through.

I still don't see many Ana's on console, good ones anyways.

He can do constant and steady damage, but isn't very good at burst damage. Current meta is very much about being able to deliver high volume of burst damage [e.g. nanoed reaper blossom into regular fire]. Popping rockets once in a while isn't cutting it hence people being tad cold towards Soldier.

I don't know if you're PC or console, but I feel like some kids who pick McCree or Hanzo then hit 30% of their shots would be a much bigger help to their team as Soldier. I just see these long stretches in fights sometimes where the enemy loses none of their health, or I'll get multiple people to like 5-10% and no one can finish them off.

Baleoce

I can see Sombra being used aggressively on defence to control multiple health points either around a choke point or the first control point. You get quite a bit of time to get them under control before the attackers can even leave the gates too.

Squire

Banned
While this will probably not happen, it would be smashing if we could get a colour editor and we could create two custom colour alt. skins for each hero. I really want to create this colour swap for D.Va:

do5aVYe.jpg

I love Eva as much as the next person, but this remains the tackiest thing ever.

Tovarisc

I don't know if you're PC or console, but I feel like some kids who pick McCree or Hanzo then hit 30% of their shots would be a much bigger help to their team as Soldier. I just see these long stretches in fights sometimes where the enemy loses none of their health, or I'll get multiple people to like 5-10% and no one can finish them off.

I'm PC. You rarely see Soldiers in ranked these days. Mostly Cree's, some random HanzoWidowmaker instalocker.

eek5

I can see Sombra being used aggressively on defence to control multiple health points either around a choke point or the first control point. You get quite a bit of time to get them under control before the attackers can even leave the gates too.

Health pack control is going to be interesting for sure. Not having them pushing forward as the attacker is really tough unless you have good healers and even then your flankers will have a lot harder time staying alive.

I had a hard time adjusting last night. I'd always go to a health pack and find it hacked and then die lol

Top Bottom