• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

maomaoIYP

Qhich one, should be nerf, but here, let me tell it to you again because you seem to not grasp it.

Melee range, mei starts freezing, i hook, the hook hits the sound of the hook hitting goes off (therefore, the hook hit), she should be stunned yet i get frozen, now, since you're such an expert, tell me where i did something wrong. oh you can't. because I didn't.
Mei's freeze has a slightly delayed effect due to the projectile motion of the spray. You can get frozen after she has stopped firing.

Qhich one, should be nerf, but here, let me tell it to you again because you seem to not grasp it.

Melee range, mei starts freezing, i hook, the hook hits the sound of the hook hitting goes off (therefore, the hook hit), she should be stunned yet i get frozen, now, since you're such an expert, tell me where i did something wrong. oh you can't. because I didn't.

I mean, due to the favor the shooter system in place, this is bound to happen in these cases. It has nothing to do with the heroes, but how lag is mitigated in game. There are circumstances in which this can work out for Hog as much as for others (McCree stun vs Hog Hook), so it should really balance out.

But again, this is more about the system in place than the heroes in play.

Nimby

Banned
I duuno. Why not forgo either of them? Maybe not for rein, but if her weird shield thing can disrupt hook enough or harass dps well enough like a dva do i don't see why people wouldn't change up. 75 shields is pretty damn good also.

Who knows really.

I don't think it will be good enough to really halt hooks and DPS. I first thought it would be good to throw at a Soldier or something on the high ground, but it's pretty small, I'd have to try it out in game. You could probably deny a hook on yourself if you timed it right.

Maybe she's good for dive comps. Single Winston/D.Va + Genji + Tracer + Sym + Zen + Lucio, or maybe lose the discord or a DPS and run D.Va and Winston?

Crosseyes

Banned
Jesus christ why do they have to make the loot box per playlist work off of wins? I've been stuck playing snowball fight for an hour now. At this point it's a complete waste of my time to stay in the game if we lose round one and I'm better of leaving and rejoining a new game.

Alavard

The new Brawl is awful. I hate it, hate it, hate it.

*Finishes...*

7sbGU2h.jpg

Okay, well maybe it's not so bad

Anne

Whichs means you have to forego a Rein, D.Va or Roadhog, and I can't see that happening. I can see her as second support on defense.

I mean, whether or not she's super good is whatever. If she is even remotely good the chances of running into a gimmick Symm strat you've never seen before mid tournament is not okay.

Sullichin

Mei's snowball offensive... is... bad?
I mean I don't like playing as Mei anyway so I don't know what I expected
Whatever got my loot box out of it!

Anne

Well the framerate seems to switch between 119 and 179 in game. It's weird. I think I have fast sync enabled to "help" with the tearing so maybe that's causing rapid changes in frame rate causing stuttering.

I've been on the hunt for a 144Hz monitor but it'll cost me £230 at least. What brand is yours?

I use an ASUS I managed to get for under $200. I played on ASUS for fighting games for years and I kinda trust them.

Nimby

Banned
A dive comp needs mobility. That's why you see teams running Tracer and genji for dives. Sym has zero mobility.

Zen has no mobility either, nor Ana if you run her instead. The shields greatly benefit them too. Teams ran sym with divey comps back in the beta with her OP shields then, I guess the main issue is how she will build ult charge while the rest of the team dove onto the enemy. Misfits used to run 1 Winston + DPS on maps like Gibraltar and it seem pretty effective then, how it fares against the current meta is what matters tho

I mean, whether or not she's super good is whatever. If she is even remotely good the chances of running into a gimmick Symm strat you've never seen before mid tournament is not okay.

I agree, but I still kinda want to see those gimmicks as a QP Sym main. Maybe they will ban her?

Skii

Yeah this update gameplay wise sucks massively. It's so much worse than the Halloween event because not only was Junkenstein's revenge fun to play but there was a scoreboard and therefore incentive to keep playing. This Mei event is terrible and you should only play it until you get your free loot box.

This event is going to wear extremely thin in a couple of days. Hopefully Blizzard has a mid event update (highly doubt it).

Ramirez

Jesus fucking Christ at people picking Symm for attack assault. Maybe it works, but it sure as fuck wasn't working for us, wtf are people so stubborn?

Apathy

Ah, i thought she started freezing after you hooked. Your wording was not very clear on it.

Gotta keep in mind that the freeze is a projectile, so there is travel time associated with it. So the last hit for freeze could still be traveling en route to you even if you got the stun.

Hook is a projectile too, so there's some time in between the hits being registered on either character.

Also funny you talk about a character needing to be nerfed when you're playing roadhog.

Roadhogs hook needs a nerf for sure because it's 2 characters tall and goes through walls. I have never denied it and have been pushing for it to get fixed. Reward skill not luck.Hell i've made some stupid hooks in my day. The difference being that I actually call out when a character i often use is bullshit. You'll never hear a mei player say the same shit

Jesus fucking Christ at people picking Symm for attack assault. Maybe it works, but it sure as fuck wasn't working for us, wtf are people so stubborn?

Is this competitive or quick play? Guess people want to test it out but as a Symmetra player I don't think even I'd pick it in comp to attack at this point. If I did I'd change straight away if it sucked. Pretty shitty if your team mates didn't haha.

Ramirez

Is this competitive or quick play? Guess people want to test it out but as a Symmetra player I don't think even I'd pick it in comp to attack at this point. If I did I'd change straight away if it sucked. Pretty shitty if your team mates didn't haha.

Comp.

I'm 0-5 tonight, this games matchmaking is so mindnumbingly bad.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Zen has no mobility either, nor Ana if you run her instead. The shields greatly benefit them too. Teams ran sym with divey comps back in the beta with her OP shields then, I guess the main issue is how she will build ult charge while the rest of the team dove onto the enemy. Misfits used to run 1 Winston + DPS on maps like Gibraltar and it seem pretty effective then, how it fares against the current meta is what matters tho

Here's the thing though, zen and ana can do their thing at distance. They can heal at a distance, Zen can discord at a distance, ana can sleep dart at a distance, ana can throw a biotic grenade at a distance, they can both kill really well at a distance.

Sym's main attack and turrets only work close range.

You can shoot slow ass balls and shields at them I guess, but what use would that be for dives? Shield maybe for protection but I feel like the set path and speed would mean that you'd rather get a winston and work around his shield.

Roadhogs hook needs a nerf for sure because it's 2 characters tall and goes through walls. I have never denied it and have been pushing for it to get fixed. Reward skill not luck.Hell i've made some stupid hooks in my day. The difference being that I actually call out when a character i often use is bullshit. You'll never hear a mei player say the same shit
I've never heard anyone say that Mei is broken. Annoying to play against, maybe, but certainly not overpowered.

6-7 boxes deep and I only got the Reaper skin (I don't play him, cool skin tho) and a non-event blue winston skin. Kinda lame that non-event skins can drop.

Gurrry

First box I opened I got an epic.. but it wasnt a winter skin.

I did all my arcade boxes.. ended up getting Santa Torb.

Ill take it, but the only time Ill ever see it is in 1v1 lol.

Anne

I agree, but I still kinda want to see those gimmicks as a QP Sym main. Maybe they will ban her?

I mean what if some team had for whatever reason a Symm strat from old patch?

I wish there were just tournament servers where people could play on a previous patch.

I wish there were just tournament servers where people could play on a previous patch.

Allow people to play with 75 shield Sym, shielded Bastion, pre-nerf Zen, launch McCree, and all of the other busted shit all at once.

I'd love to see how that turns out.

Antiwhippy

Now I kinda want costume selection at character select just so I can switch to yeti hunter mei when I see yeti winston.

"Time to get me some new boots."

Apathy

6-7 boxes deep and I only got the Reaper skin (I don't play him, cool skin tho) and a non-event blue winston skin. Kinda lame that non-event skins can drop.

his and phara's make them look like they would fit in as bosses in WoW

Thats a big what if, but most pro teams would be up to date with the changes from the ptr and would have already have contingency plans

Croc

Banned
This Mei event could be way more fun but I'm constantly plagued with people trolling the entrance and just blocking it with ice walls. It's infuriating

edit: now I'm even having people block both entrances and using ice wall so I can't get out of either one

Antiwhippy

I still use my non-144hz benq, but lately I've set my graphics setting medium to get to a around 110-130 fps and it feels much better than the 60fps I've had it on.

Skii

I use an ASUS I managed to get for under $200. I played on ASUS for fighting games for years and I kinda trust them.

I got an ASUS VG248QE about two months ago and it was everything I hoped it could be, for a cheap 144Hz.

Oh yeah that was the cheapest one I found but it's £235 on amazon. UK PC prices are an absolute rip off. That's like $350.

I guess I'll wait for a sale. I can't even imagine what 144Hz will feel like. Never experienced it before lol.

Anne

Oh yeah that was the cheapest one I found but it's £235 on amazon. UK PC prices are an absolute rip off. That's like $350.

I guess I'll wait for a sale. I can't even imagine what 144Hz will feel like. Never experienced it before lol.

I bought one back when I was playing CSGO because my VH236H was getting pretty worn out from travelling with it. Thought it'd be a nice upgrade but nothing too nuts.

I was really wrong, it's a game changer ;~; keep an eye out. Next thing I knew I was researching mice sensors and lift distance >_>

Top Bottom