• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Widow and DVa have both gotten more than Hanzo

All Hanzo has gotten is an epic skin. Across all events. Across all cross-promotional things. and its lame as hell. Not counting sprays, voice lines, RIP victory poses that everyone else gets

FxUOdxq.jpg

Don't worry guys, I can do this

I couldn't do this

Satch

Banned

All Hanzo has gotten is an epic skin. Across all events. Across all cross-promotional things. and its lame as hell. Not counting sprays, voice lines, RIP victory poses that everyone else gets

hes probably getting one for valentines day - Cupid

Apathy

I think the single outlying issue i still have with the game is it putting me in a match that has 0-20 seconds left.Not even the best player on the planet could do anything specially since it takes like 30 seconds to get to a point.

if it gets to 20 seconds and someone leaves, just let it end, like how hard is this to grasp

xaosslug

oh, please. The fact that Hanzo's ult changes when he's wearing his wolf skin negates any 'neglect' he's gotten in these events. :p

Heropon

I got Pharah four times in a row in Mistery Heroes and I had to see if I wasn't playing Quick Play instead. The other Pharah gave it away too but it was too weird.

Worst thing about Christmas is Santa torb and people playing him and refusing to change in competitive... Honestly people are the worst, glad I can't communicate with them on ps4 or I'd have lost my mind at the guy

ISOM

It's going to take 49 hours to update. Thanks, Sony and Armstrong cable!
(Speedtest.net says my speed is normal.)

Something seems to be wrong with my battle.net client as well. The update keeps stopping and it says I'm having connection issues even though I'm not.

IceMarker

I am thoroughly convinced that QM matchmaking is not 50/50 per team, if I were to toss a coin for every match I've played-.... it is severely lower than that for my team.

Apathy

Holy fuck, twice in the same match i hook a mei, the sound for confirmed hook goes off twice (in melee range so it's close) and I still get frozen. what is this bullshit. My ability went off, it should guarantee that the mei's stops. I hate being frozen

Nimby

Banned
Skin tally since launch:

2 Legendaries/Epics or more: Lucio (2/1), Pharah (1/2), Reaper (2/1), Reinhardt (2/1), Tracer (3/0), Zarya (2/1*)
1 Legendary and 1 Epic Skin: Genji, Mercy, Roadhog, Soldier: 76, Torbjorn, Zenyatta
1 Legendary skin: Junkrat, Mei*, Winston
2 Epic Skins: McCree
1 Epic Skin: Ana, Bastion, D.Va, Hanzo, Symmetra, Sombra, Widowmaker

*Mei legendary has about as much work put into as some epics. Zarya's epic is lame.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Holy fuck, twice in the same match i hook a mei, the sound for confirmed hook goes off twice (in melee range so it's close) and I still get frozen. what is this bullshit. My ability went off, it should guarantee that the mei's stops. I hate being frozen

Uh, the freezing take like 1-2 secs or so, so you're doing something wrong there.

Nimby

Banned
I mean Sym is probably way too good, but is she good enough to not run Lucio or to run as a third support without Soldier or another DPS on your team? Assuming you're going triple tank which most teams do.

Antiwhippy

I mean Sym is probably way too good, but is she good enough to not run Lucio or to run as a third support without Soldier or another DPS on your team? Assuming you're going triple tank which most teams do.

I dunno, she's either an off tank or 2nd support.

Managed to play a few more Symmetra games as she's my most played / favourite. It's great! As a long-time player it feels really good and I've not lost a game yet when I've picked her. The shield is incredibly handy in certain maps and situations.

Still need to get used to the shield generator though. Like, I'm not even sure on the radius of that thing so where to put it is always something extra to think about.

I mainly dislike it for the downtime. Same reason i can't get into Counter strike. You die easily and then you have nothing to do for a minute or more

Ah I see. Yeah I can understand that.

And I love that Mei's legendary has her turn into a snowman when she uses ice block. To me that makes up for the outfit being so close to a re-skin.

Antiwhippy

Whichs means you have to forego a Rein, D.Va or Roadhog, and I can't see that happening. I can see her as second support on defense.

I duuno. Why not forgo either of them? Maybe not for rein, but if her weird shield thing can disrupt hook enough or harass dps well enough like a dva do i don't see why people wouldn't change up. 75 shields is pretty damn good also.

Who knows really.

Apathy

Uh, the freezing take like 1-2 secs or so, so you're doing something wrong there.

Qhich one, should be nerf, but here, let me tell it to you again because you seem to not grasp it.

Melee range, mei starts freezing, i hook, the hook hits the sound of the hook hitting goes off (therefore, the hook hit), she should be stunned yet i get frozen, now, since you're such an expert, tell me where i did something wrong. oh you can't. because I didn't.

IceMarker

Thanks to ladder anxiety I can't really play comp more than a match or two at a time. That said, fuck quick match and every terrible fucking team it gives me. I'm not a shining example of a pro player or anything and will never claim to be, but there is a certain point where it is literally nothing but 1-sided bullshit I'd say in 9/10 of my games, including the rare instances where my team actually wins, and again, still a landslide.

Antiwhippy

Qhich one, should be nerf, but here, let me tell it to you again because you seem to not grasp it.

Melee range, mei starts freezing, i hook, the hook hits the sound of the hook hitting goes off (therefore, the hook hit), she should be stunned yet i get frozen, now, since you're such an expert, tell me where i did something wrong. oh you can't. because I didn't.

Ah, i thought she started freezing after you hooked. Your wording was not very clear on it.

Gotta keep in mind that the freeze is a projectile, so there is travel time associated with it. So the last hit for freeze could still be traveling en route to you even if you got the stun.

Hook is a projectile too, so there's some time in between the hits being registered on either character.

Also funny you talk about a character needing to be nerfed when you're playing roadhog.

Top Bottom