• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Shouta

I'm really surprised Symmetra changes are out but at least they fixed the location issue with the Shield Generator.

BashNasty

This is really weird... anyone else unable to download the patch? I just got home from work and am trying to get this thing downloaded, but it keeps getting stuck on either "Fetching Download Manifest" or something about encoding tables. I've never had an issue with the battle.net client before, so this is strange and infuriating.

Celcius

°Temp. member
This is really weird... anyone else unable to download the patch? I just got home from work and am trying to get this thing downloaded, but it keeps getting stuck on either "Fetching Download Manifest" or something about encoding tables. I've never had an issue with the battle.net client before, so this is strange and infuriating.

Just leave it for a few minutes and it should start the actual download.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like if all you're going to do is nanoboost winston I feel like you might as well run a zen with the comps nrg is running.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
What else changed today save for Sym and the obvious holiday stuff?

I'm playing QP ... but honestly, haven't gotten steamrolled this fucking hard in 50+ levels. It's been a landslide victory for the other team a solid eight games in a row tonight. I'm pissed, so I'm calling it a night.

Like... they were playing great. I don't fault them for being better. But matchmaking wasn't even kind of fair. Their WM got 59 kills on Hanamura :-/

Antiwhippy

There's the meta team out of desperation.

They're still not good though.

I actually wonder if it's that meta. Surprisingly little quad tanks yesterday. And the times they were ran it seemed like they got dismantled by mei or sombra.

Anne

They're still not good though.

I actually wonder if it's that meta. Surprisingly little quad tanks yesterday.

D.Va/Hog/Rein/Ana/Lucio/X is the core top meta team. X can be anything really, form tank to Soldier to support or whatever you want.

Like the individual roles matter way less than what that core set up does.

You can run variations too that are slightly weaker at frontlining in order to have something better at team fighting too, read replace something with Zarya for Graviton.

Antiwhippy

D.Va/Hog/Rein/Ana/Lucio/X is the core top meta team. X can be anything really, form tank to Soldier to support or whatever you want.

Like the individual roles matter way less than what that core set up does.

Yeah that's true. Though I've also seen quite a lot of zen in place of ana yesterday too, even in the triple tank + X setup. I dunno if that's what they think is the best choice or just out of protest of ana. :p

Anne

There are so many bizarre com p gliches atm >_> avoid it if you can stand QP.

Yeah that's true. Though I've also seen quite a lot of zen in place of yesterday too, even in the triple tank + X setup. I dunno if that's what they think is the best choice or just out of protest of ana. :p

There's merit to the Zen. Like look at it this way. If the Korean tank comp is S+ tier, Zen/Zarya variants are probably like A tier. Completely playable at high level but leaves itself open to more punishment.

Antiwhippy

Yeah that's fair enough. I feel like if you can find some way to tone down the korean tank setup it seems like there's a lot of possible comps running at the same level, at least from what I've seen. Seeing the amount of hero switching in the luminosity vs complexity set was really pleasing and fun to watch.

Shouta

Symmetra on attack is pretty fun especially once you learn how to use your shield. Chucking it out and following it while you charge shot is really fun and helps someone like Rein avoid taking some damage as you push. The HP on it was reduced a bit from the initial times I tried it out but it can definitely take a ton of punishment still, enough so that I was able to close the distance on Bastion at mid-ish range by following it.

Added reach to her primary fire is pretty noticeable to me and the Shield Generator is really helpful for the extra durability. You can't place it in locations the enemy team can't reach, thankfully, so you have to protect it. It's also nice it gets refunded when you change spawns on cap.

Plesiades

In honor of Mei's Snowball Offensive
so bad it's good
logo, I made two dumb things...
nwhG1YZ.png

pbeLPaO.png

They really dropped the
snow
ball with this one.

Antiwhippy

Ana with her 0 spread and slow rate of fire

Mmmm, honestly, 50/50 matchup imo, also depends if the tracer go the drop on you and unloaded a clip into you before you can initiate.

Sleep dart = most probably a dead tracer.

2 shots on tracer and she's dead.

Grenade means that ana effectively has 300 health and it forces tracer to recall just due to anti-heal.

Top Bottom