• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

carlos

I'm now 1-12 in comp after finishing the placement matches.....
kill me

at least nutyatta on the first crate almost makes it worth it.

Kito

Teleporter protected by 6 sentries and guarded by Sym seems a nightmare to destroy on your own. In solo queue without mic, you'll probably have to go D.Va and sacrifice yourself.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
my 2nd lootbox
zdGlg2V.jpg
JklgG0l.gif

DevilDog

So is this the worst seasonal event yet?

Yes it fucking is.

Since it's the time of gifts, Blizzard should increase the legendary drop rates :3

Okay what the hell is going on with Symmetra? She feels like she's stupidly powerful. Seen a LOT of killcams and potgs that were basically "Hold right click and walk towards enemy".

Gurrry

The amount of SR you lose when you lose compared to what you win when you win is complete bullshit and maddening. I lost nearly 100 SR from one game, its taken me 3 wins to barely get out of that whole. That makes no sense.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Bought my 5 boxes which I do every event and got Yeti Winston which is the first decent skin I've ever gotten, still not the one I wanted though (Tracer). I don't even play the game ATM but I will come back to it at some point.

BashNasty

Just leave it for a few minutes and it should start the actual download.

Maybe... I just updated windows, apparently not having windows 10 on the very latest update was a cause of the problem for some over at the Blizzard forums, and the Blizzard downloader still really, really doesn't wanna fetch the fucking encoding tables. This is super strange as I've never, ever had a problem with this before. The things that the downloader is getting stuck on are the things that it usually storms through in about 10 seconds before starting the actual download. I went out to dinner and came back and this is still fucked up.

Something is going on here, my Internet is working fine, and I'm really worried that no one else here is complaining of the same problems....

Literally, the blizzard downloader has always been perfect for me up until right now...

I just had one of the best comp experiences thanks to the stay as team option. We didn't we every match, but we won most and I didn't feel too upset over losses.

antitrop

Oh man, I just unlocked the "Stay frosty" voice line for Soldier, but I don't know if going full Calladooty is worth taking over "Young punks, get off my lawn".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Okay what the hell is going on with Symmetra? She feels like she's stupidly powerful. Seen a LOT of killcams and potgs that were basically "Hold right click and walk towards enemy".

That's literally how she was.

She did get a rnage buff, but I'd say sym was one of the easier heroes to get PotG with. It doesn't indicate a hero's strength.

ramyeon

lucioball was fun, what are you talking about. also gave us american mccree and a tracer in shorts
Lucioball was fun for a few rounds, yeah.

American McCree is good, I agree. But there are some next level skins here. Yeti Winston, Nutcracker Zenyatta, Scrooge McCree... the only real let down is how lazy Mei's skin is and that the brawl is kind of a snooze.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tracer says ho ho ho with her new skin. I dont know what caused it as I try to block Tracer's voice from my head at all times

rulerk1

was Symettra's gun even buffed? It seems the same tbh. Ive been winning with her on Attack so I dont know. Alot of people dont know how to deal with her gun because Im seeing D.va's defense matrix her beam lol

was Symettra's gun even buffed? It seems the same tbh. Ive been winning with her on Attack so I dont know. Alot of people dont know how to deal with her gun because Im seeing D.va's defense matrix her beam lol

The range of the beam was increased slightly, last I heard. Not enough to be significant, but to make it "feel better" or something.

Apathy

Lucioball was fun for a few rounds, yeah.

American McCree is good, I agree. But there are some next level skins here. Yeti Winston, Nutcracker Zenyatta, Scrooge McCree... the only real let down is how lazy Mei's skin is and that the brawl is kind of a snooze.

I give them a little bit of benefit of the doubt, it was their first try, they did some things wrong and the community fought back and they listened. With the whole olympic game theme there is a lot less leeway in what to do for the leg skins, like obviously they woul dhave to be flag based.

The range of the beam was increased slightly, last I heard. Not enough to be significant, but to make it "feel better" or something.

If making it 1.5 times longer is slightly, then yes. It was increased from 5m to 7m and that is definitely substantial lol. I don't know what Kaplan was trying to pull on us by saying that lol.

ramyeon

I give them a little bit of benefit of the doubt, it was their first try, they did some things wrong and the community fought back and they listened. With the whole olympic game theme there is a lot less leeway in what to do for the leg skins, like obviously they woul dhave to be flag based.
Yes, the Summer Games theme has much less flexibility and appeal. I mean all I said was that this Winter event is more interesting than that so yeah.

Got Tracer elf skin.... don't play Tracer. >_<

Meanwhile my brother who plays her would have loved it! I bet he gets the Zen one now cause that's who I play. >_<

Animator

Finished my 10 competitive placement matches. Never playing ranked again.

Yea something happened this season where I am being consistently matched with the dumbest teammates. I am 1 win 8 loss on my placement matches so far and just uninstalled the game. Don't have time for this shit when I have much better games to play.

MUnited83

For you.
Gets two voice lines drops. They are the exact same "Awwww, you shouldn't have" from Dva. Getting duplicate voice lines in one box is certainly new to me.

Apathy

the valentines update is going to be nuts, i can see it now. with all the waifus getting something

heh just ended a qp with 29 elims and 70% hook accuracy

No_Style

Love the event thus far even if I didn't get anything noteworthy yet. You've done good, Blizzard.

Equally good is all the PS4 regulars that I play with coming back in force.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Yeah, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with MM tonight, but I'm done. Fuck this shit.

I was placed in multiple games with five randoms... against teams of 5 or 6. Just straight up doesn't make sense. Not even kinda, sorta fun. Just a mess.

So far, I've gotten Lucio and Roadhog skin. Really hoping to get Pharah, Zen, torb, and tracer later on. I'll use currency for the rest if I have enough. Sitting at ~7k right now :)

Top Bottom