• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Guys it's day 1. Don't buy loot boxes because you will get a lot of duplicates. There are 3 weeks left.

Just my advice tho.

Yeah you are right. Got caught up in the new skin hype and got bit in the ass a little. I really need to keep this mind for the next event. Still Yeti Winston and Rudolph Roadhog look great imo.

Some thoughts:

Ilios is still definitely the worst map because fuck everything about ruins, and well is dumb as hell.

Sym should be somewhat manageable as long as the other team isn't solid in their trip tank. They have even less damage running her, but if they are pretty solid, fighting that will be an almost literal nightmare. Zarya/Winston will come back pretty hard here to fight her. But you have to be more solid than ever to really do anything with that, nowadays.

Giving TP 350 regenerating health in addition to everything else is the dumbest thing I think i've heard. On its own it would have been fine, but that thing won't die now. Esp with insta nest. Still no reason to run that over a free 375 health for the team. You are basically getting two more squishies of health, or one more tank.

NeoRaider

My favorites and ones that i REALLY want are:

-Zenyatta
-Pharah
-Mei
-Sombra

I really like Winston's and Reaper's skins too but i don't care about them. I never play them.

Edit: Really like the colors of that Lucio skin too.

Apathy

Volskaya is much better than Anubis.

Also goddamn joined a mystery heroes game against two bastions and a mercy on defense

I'm fucked

3 of us got widow to start on attack, we died, we all came back as bastion. That was just dumb as fuck.

I opened up 4 boxes,

box 1. nothing good
box 2. omg legendary what is it... credits.
box 3. epic credits
box 4. holy shit a legendar....credits.

I like credits, I do, but a skin would have been better

Veelk

Banned
First match in diamond is one of the worst fucking things I've ever seen in my life.

We start off with no DPS at all. Because this is how the pro's play apparently. But thank god, we have a widow to help us out (spoilers, she sucked). Then we get stuck in the second checkpoint of highway 66. I've literally never seen in my life that door remain open for so long. This is the point from which it is a short trek from our spawn while they have a much longer one. But nope. Then on defense, we again only have 1 dps until some chucklehead finally decides to switch. Granted, I wasn't playing a very good Reinhardt at that point, but it didn't really matter. Just the fact that the enemy team was playing a mildly coordinated game meant there wasn't much we could do.

Also, interesting to see the new sym changes. Hope she sticks. If she does, the D.Va complaints should die down. I wish they'd just lower Soldier's damage again already.

It's the worst KOTH but it's still KOTH

Hanamura, Anubis, and Numbani are way worse.

Eh, Hanamura and Anubis really aren't that bad if you don't let your team get stuck at the chokes, and they have quite a few routes. Numbani has a really good first point and decent last point, it's just streets that is garbage.

Ilios has very little that can really redeem it other than Lighthouse. Ruins is by far the worst map in the game, and Well is Well lol.

Apathy

"ok, no healer, i'll go heal to help the team. 'hey, can someone go tank since we're attacking?' 'go fuck yourself i play what i want' *proceed to lose because everyone wants to be tracer and sym and whatever else but not something useful*"

Eh, Hanamura and Anubis really aren't that bad if you don't let your team get stuck at the chokes, and they have quite a few routes. Numbani has a really good first point and decent last point, it's just streets that is garbage.

Ilios has very little that can really redeem it other than Lighthouse. Ruins is by far the worst map in the game, and Well is Well lol.

Ruins is the worst of the three but it's not horrible, pit is great. you're stupid, you fall in the pit, you're not, hey look theres so much space and still hiding spots.

Moonkid

Got the Widow intro in my free lootbox, wish I could salvage it for half its credits or something to spend on something I'll have actual utility with. Gonna be on tonight probably, keen to group up for arcade mode.

Vanguard

Only bought this a few weeks ago on pc and mostly play quick game (solo, cause no one else to play with) and this is my first seasonal event. Seems to be a lot more groups now... and now just seems a lot more hostile than usual. I'm guessing this happened in previous events?

AnaRein confirmed canon
xGcThNL.jpg

XawSdJZ.jpg
Yep, noticed that earlier. Nice touch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's kind of crazy how many characters haven't had a legendary but Tracer has two.

Take away the body pillow, Blizz. She's not even as popular with the community as you think she is.

WHEN IS HANJO SKIN

Thought something was wrong with my system but for the PS4. You don't have to switch between group and team chat anymore, only problem is now when you exit a game you can't hear your group unless you switch back.

Ruins is the worst of the three but it's not horrible, pit is great. you're stupid, you fall in the pit, you're not, hey look theres so much space and still hiding spots.

The thing with Ruins is that it is so much more defense favoring than any other KoTH map. It is near impossible to protect against some kind of pick as you push unless you have rein. Even then it is likely for someone to get picked. That segment is so much easier to snowball than any other imo.

Well is bad because the point is so huge as well as the pit in the middle. Even when there are only two people left on point it is completely possible to stall out for an extra 10-20% at least, if not for a winning fight with reinforcements.

KyleCross

Thank christ, finally won a match of the brawl and got the lootbox. Now I never have to play it again (unless a group makes me).

Also 4 lootboxes in and already a winter dupe.

iosa

So finally started playing on PC after ~150 hours on PS4. Played a couple of games (both new modes) and I kind of feel bad playing against those new players. I had POTG on the snowball mode with 3K.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also now that we're in this awful tank meta. Thanks solely to Ana.

I think its time Blizzard apologized to Genji and revert all nerfs, thx.

Top Bottom