• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Zekes!

I had a chance to play Symmetra on attack in Mystery Brawl and her having all 6 turrets from the get go made her way funner. You can set them all up and then lead people to your nest to murder them

Pachimari

4 loot boxes, and got 1 skin; a 1000-coin D.va one. That's alright. Everything else was meh. Eh, at least I got a Pachimari christmas player icon too.

DOWN

Banned
Honestly you are nuts of you think the clothes from summer are better and while a couple of Halloween costumes were GOAT, there's even more like that in this event

It's great in terms of skins

Kenai

Sigh.

I don't really like playing Tracer and now got all her Orange skins.

I want both Mei and Zenyatta's skin but only have enough currency for one. Think i blew my luck.

ZangBa

Just want to confirm that this Mei mode is garbage. Lucioball was fun for like a couple rounds, which is a couple more than this mode will ever be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
boy I wish there was more permanent weekly brawls than Mystery Heroes for 6 v 6

Arcade deserved to be permanent more than mystery heroes. As long as they made those changes to Ana, Zarya and Mei

Owzers

zarya skin this afternoon, then got the best one tonight, Torb.

Now all we need is for blizzard to unnerf his turret on console.

Apathy

boy I wish there was more permanent weekly brawls than Mystery Heroes for 6 v 6

Arcade deserved to be permanent more than mystery heroes. As long as they made those changes to Ana, Zarya and Mei

the all brawl playlist is normally there, it just rotates through all the brawls

Bought 24 boxes to start out with - got Nutyatta as well as Reaper and Sombra's skins, and Mei's emote along with Symmetra's intro. Not bad for the first haul. Now just to grind and see what I get as I play through the event. Reaaalllllyyyy want Zarya's legendary emote along with Torb, Tracer, Mei, and Winston's skins.

Pachimari

That Mei Winter brawl is boring but I'm gonna give it another go when I get back from work.

I need to get back into things after my weeks long break.

I still think the summer skins were overall the best.
Out of both Halloween and Winter skins, there's only a couple I like, while I'm enjoying almost all of the Summer ones.

Squire

Banned
Played a bunch tonight. Game feels really good right now.

The special brawl is garbage, but the holiday theme on the title screen is nice.

Croc

Banned
I dunno why I never realized there were sprays locked behind stuff for the events. I would have tried way more of the Halloween event had I known that. I only need Snow McCree and then I have all of these ones.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Winston's skin is probably the best skin I've seen since launch for me. Second place to Balderich or Oni Genji. Now just turn peanut butter into an idle emote

and the Pharah epic is amazing

Croc

Banned
I can see why some people may not like the Mei brawl since it's pretty slow, but I really enjoy how tactical it is with the slowed down speed. You really have to think with every move you make especially since the map is so small.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I still think time-limited skins are dumb, but it's nice when things work out in your favor.

DERUiMm.jpg

cyborg009

Banned
Dear diary, today I met the worst Reinhardt ever! D.va ultimate comes Flying and he doesn't put his shield up(Team kill). It even happened twice.

But you know whats the crazy thing I was able to stop her ultimate playing as fucking Symmetra!!!!!!! and the voice chat went freaking wild.

edit: while her ult was still in mid air

Apathy

i cant wait for like 2 weeks from now when people stop thinking sym should be on offense and proceed to waste the time of 5 other people

ISOM

i cant wait for like 2 weeks from now when people stop thinking sym should be on offense and proceed to waste the time of 5 other people

People have been saying that since the beginning of the game. And people still play Sym even on attack even before her buffs. The chains are off now. :(

Apathy

People have been saying that since the beginning of the game. And people still play Sym even on attack even before her buffs. The chains are off now. :(

Right now she got a slight buff and people think shes op. shes no where near op. shes a bit better than she was before, it'll settle down

IKizzLE

People should play whatever they want to.....they paid for the game

man that's the best skin of this event. Sadly I have to travel so I won't be able to get him. Maybe next year!
Which I agree with, and there is about 7 modes outside of competitive for you to do so. It's called competitive for a reason, if you don't want to play a character that is competitive, then stick to quick play and stop wasting the time of all your teammates.

B.O.O.M

Which I agree with, and there is about 7 modes outside of competitive for you to do so. It's called competitive for a reason, if you don't want to play a character that is competitive, then stick to quick play and stop wasting the time of all your teammates.

orrrr

People need to realize

a. it's still a videogame. I hear people raging like crazy when a player picks a 'non meta' character, which ironically harms the possible outcome anyways cz then that player is more likely to throw the game. Heck it's funny because usually the people who complain contribute even less. I don't care if it's called 'competitive'..it's a game have fun, chill and be nice to people

b. they still paid for it and they can do whatever they want. it's their product. If they want to play a non-meta/traditional character in any mode, they should.

I find this shift in the OW community bizarre ever since comp mode was introduced and we had a few tournaments. Like comp outcomes really means something of essence. I don't get it. I'm usually not harassed or anything cz the characters I like to play are usually ok with others (tanks/support). But man it's weird/funny/sad how people rage in comp mode these days. Sorry didn't mean to rant :)

ps: btw this wasn't aimed at you personally or anything ok. Just something that has been on mind of late

LiK

Meta is reserved for pros who have a coordinated team. They created the meta from their teamwork. People expecting the same results with randoms or friends who don't play everyday are just fooling themselves. You're no Pro so don't act like one.

Played as Sym tonight for about 30-45 minutes...

Considering I was already a GOAT Sym player, I'm now wrecking everyone. She IS my Christmas present.

I'm basically overpowered with her now. The slight range extension of her photon beam means I can start charging up before I'm too close to an enemy, so by the time they do close down the distance I'm already outputting a high amount of DPS. You can just see a lot of people start to panic because they see a fat beam rapidly draining their health and they don't know whether to try to take me out or run away. Then add just one or two nearby turrets to slow them down and a shield generator to increase my health, I can take out just about any lightweight/medium HP character at close range and even most tanks if I have a couple of extra turrets. The only characters I really had trouble with were Roadhog and sometimes Reaper because they're deadly at close range.

Also the shield generator stacking is pure fun in No Limit. There were 4 Symmetra's each with a shield generator up. I had 500 health and our two tanks (DVA and Roadhog) were pretty much unstoppable. the opposing team on Attack pretty much ran into a brick wall.

In 4 matches I had 2 POTG. Normally it might take me over 10 matches to get a POTG with Sym. While I feel overpowered with her, I hope her new abilities make her more attractive to more players, so she gets more attention in terms of skins and etc. Plus when I'm another character, I like having a Sym on my team, so it'll be nice seeing more people using her. It's too early to know if she'll get nerfed, but I'm having fun in the meantime.

B.O.O.M

Meta is reserved for pros who have a coordinated team. They created the meta from their teamwork. People expecting the same results with randoms or friends who don't play everyday are just fooling themselves. You're no Pro so don't act like one.

Everyone is all pro team South Korea these days apparently lol

Played as Sym tonight for about 30-45 minutes...

Considering I was already a GOAT Sym player, I'm now wrecking everyone. She IS my Christmas present.

I'm basically overpowered with her now. The slight range extension of her photon beam means I can start charging up before I'm too close to an enemy, so by the time they do close down the distance I'm already outputting a high amount of DPS. You can just see a lot of people start to panic because they see a fat beam rapidly draining their health and they don't know whether to try to take me out or run away. Then add just one or two nearby turrets to slow them down and a shield generator to increase my health, I can take out just about any lightweight/medium HP character at close range and even most tanks if I have a couple of extra turrets. The only characters I really had trouble with were Roadhog and sometimes Reaper because they're deadly at close range.

Also the shield generator stacking is pure fun in No Limit. There were 4 Symmetra's each with a shield generator up. I had 500 health and our two tanks (DVA and Roadhog) were pretty much unstoppable. the opposing team on Attack pretty much ran into a brick wall.

In 4 matches I had 2 POTG. Normally it might take me over 10 matches to get a POTG with Sym. While I feel overpowered with her, I hope her new abilities make her more attractive to more players, so she gets more attention in terms of skins and etc. Plus when I'm another character, I like having a Sym on my team, so it'll be nice seeing more people using her. It's too early to know if she'll get nerfed, but I'm having fun in the meantime.

ooh I wanna try this. Sounds hilariously fun

IKizzLE

orrrr

People need to realize

a. it's still a videogame. I hear people raging like crazy when a player picks a 'non meta' character, which ironically harms the possible outcome anyways cz then that player is more likely to throw the game. Heck it's funny because usually the people who complain contribute even less. I don't care if it's called 'competitive'..it's a game have fun, chill and be nice to people

b. they still paid for it and they can do whatever they want. it's their product. If they want to play a non-meta/traditional character in any mode, they should.

I find this shift in the OW community bizarre ever since comp mode was introduced and we had a few tournaments. Like comp outcomes really means something of essence. I don't get it. I'm usually not harassed or anything cz the characters I like to play are usually ok with others (tanks/support). But man it's weird/funny/sad how people rage in comp mode these days. Sorry didn't mean to rant :)
First of all, no one here is saying you should harass people or be an ass.....not sure where you got that from. And just like any competotion in life, whether it's a video game or not, people will take it seriously whether you like it or not. So blizzard literally made a mode to this specific demo to enjoy, so the intention of people who enter this mode should be to prove yourself and climb the ladder. When you willingly pick a character that suffers or stick with a character that you continue to do bad with, I question is it because you are stubborn or you refuse to get better. If it's the latter, then like I said, there are 7 other modes for those people.

Yea you paid for the game and you are free to do what you want, but if you actively go into a mode built for a specific demographic and troll, you are also free to consequence. I'm not advocating toxicity but if you don't understand why a certain demo will be toxic towards players who don't want to be competitive in a mode around competitive play, then I can't help you.

Lastly, you keep saying "I don't get it" and referring to what comp means to you rather than trying to relate to the hundreds of thousands of people who participate in this mode.

ISOM

Bullying people into playing a certain comp is stupid. I've had people over the last few days keep telling me to switch to Ana when I had Zen as if he was a shit healer or not viable. It was ridiculous. A lot of people stick too closely to the meta and don't even know wtf they're talking about. With that said, if the other team is wrecking us with 3 tanks or something from the current meta, I will ask we match them so that we aren't at a disadvantage. Had that happen to me earlier today where our team was getting wrecked by a 3 tank lineup and I asked to respond with the same. People didn't and we got wrecked. So the point I'm making is that people should play what they want but be flexible.

B.O.O.M

First of all, no one here is saying you should harass people or be an ass.....not sure where you got that from. And just like any competotion in life, whether it's a video game or not, people will take it seriously whether you like it or not. So blizzard literally made a mode to this specific demo to enjoy, so the intention of people who enter this mode should be to prove yourself and climb the ladder. When you willingly pick a character that suffers or stick with a character that you continue to do bad with, I question is it because you are stubborn or you refuse to get better. If it's the latter, then like I said, there are 7 other modes for those people.

Yea you paid for the game and you are free to do what you want, but if you actively go into a mode built for a specific demographic and troll, you are also free to consequence. I'm not advocating toxicity but if you don't understand why a certain demo will be toxic towards players who don't want to be competitive in a mode around competitive play, then I can't help you.

Lastly, you keep saying "I don't get it" and referring to what comp means to you rather than trying to relate to the hundreds of thousands of people who participate in this mode.

The bolded sound like a clear case of victim blaming. Toxicity is not good no matter what. The other party doesn't need to understand why..be a grown up and refrain from such actions. Even if the end goal is for you to win, it's still stupid. Players throw games/leave mid way etc when these complaints escalate. And I added a part to my initial post to express that my response was an overall one, not specifically aimed at any individual member or anything.

And again, it's just..a...video game lol I mean christ. You make competitive sound like some holy grail of talent. The goal should be for people to have fun. Not like you actually gain something other than maybe some useless internet bragging rights? I get people trying harder in that mode versus others. But if the picks other players make is frustrating you and you start feeling like it's wasting your time or joy or whatever..maybe it's good to step away from that mode for a bit.

So what if people pick the so called meta characters and they suck still? I don't hear such complaints. The non popular characters are the low hanging fruit in these situations. I have seen countless games where the pro genjis are absolutely useless but it seems to be fine cz it's Genji.....

and the people who get worked up over a game mode are the minority..thank fuck. What an unpleasant 'hobby' this would be otherwise.

Anyways this feels like too serious of a convo to be had right now :D It's the holidays!!!

Gurrry

got the santa torb skin to start the day

last chest of the night, i open it, omg it has another epic in it...

guess who?

its torb again.

IKizzLE

The bolded sound like a clear case of victim blaming. Toxicity is not good no matter what. The other party doesn't need to understand why..be a grown up and refrain from such actions. Even if the end goal is for you to win, it's still stupid. Players throw games/leave mid way etc when these complaints escalate. And I added a part to my initial post to express that my response was an overall one, not specifically aimed at any individual member or anything.

And again, it's just..a...video game lol I mean christ. You make competitive sound like some holy grail of talent. The goal should be for people to have fun. Not like you actually gain something other than maybe some useless internet bragging rights? I get people trying harder in that mode versus others. But if the picks other players make is frustrating you and you start feeling like it's wasting your time or joy or whatever..maybe it's good to step away from that mode for a bit.

So what if people pick the so called meta characters and they suck still? I don't hear such complaints. The non popular characters are the low hanging fruit in these situations. I have seen countless games where the pro genjis are absolutely useless but it seems to be fine cz it's Genji.....

and the people who get worked up over a game mode are the minority..thank fuck. What an unpleasant 'hobby' this would be otherwise.

Anyways this feels like too serious of a convo to be had right now :D It's the holidays!!!
I'll just close with this. Clearly some people take competitive more seriously than others, and have invested hundreds of hours into something that's just a videogame, and that them having fun is them winning. Take that however way yout want.

Top Bottom