• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm mostly missing Nutcracker, Frostbite and Rudolph. Have everything else I want.

Even of those three, Frostbite's the only one I really want since it looks good outside of Christmas. Kind of wish we would get Epic recolors of non-default skins as rewards.

I feel like nerfing Ana is going to be like merging Lucio where they just keep dialling back her healing or something until it's useless.

I hope that doesn't happen.

darklin0

Banned
75To7Rq.jpg

Well... this just happened. lmao

Ellite25

Is anyone else getting disconnected a lot now or is it just me? It rarely ever happened before and now it's happened like 3 times in the last few days on PS4.

antitrop

Is anyone else getting disconnected a lot now or is it just me? It rarely ever happened before and now it's happened like 3 times in the last few days on PS4.

Battle.net has been in the shitter for the last few days. I've had problems on PC. I'd avoid Competitive.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lucio needs a new m1

Does anyone actually like shooting this little shitty booger shooter? I like Lucio but god damn this thing sucks so hard and is completely unsatisfying to shoot. Like literally the worst feeling gun I can think of any FPS. LEt me just spam it in a general direction at my enemy because its completely fucking unwieldy and I need SOMETHING to do because outside of a major team push I don't get to do much if I want to play optimally. Sometimes during a fight I can get right up on someone and m1 them and do a cenimeter of damage while I spam melee and boops up against walls to disoritent them because i have to go all the way into kill a low health character. My self defense is just spamming jumping around a cart and that got old in July.

Give him a shotgun or a faster speed on the bullets or something. Do something to engage me in playing Lucio other than a big team fight.

Ellite25

Battle.net has been in the shitter for the last few days. I've had problems on PC. I'd avoid Competitive.
So I guess it isn't just me then. I disconnected from a match the other day, got temporarily banned, and lost like 75 points off my rating. I was so pissed.

cHinzo

Daily reminder that Torbjörn has the most satisfying gun in the whole game. The two shooting modes, the small drop-off in height when using M1 and that reload animation. It's fcking great! I haven't played him much after the nerfs last season, but he is still great on defense. Love him!

AbaFadi

Banned
Daily reminder that Torbjörn has the most satisfying gun in the whole game. The two shooting modes, the small drop-off in height when using M1 and that reload animation. It's fcking great! I haven't played him much after the nerfs last season, but he is still great on defense. Love him!

I don't think torb is as bad as people think. I've seen people troll with him on console where his turret damage was nerfed and still have gold medals. I think sometimes heroes like torb and symmetra throw people off at higher ranks because they aren't used to dealing with them. I've seen symmetra absolutely destroy teams before her buff lol.

Waxwing

Having so much fun with new Symmetra. Cutting through teams like butter around the payload is fun times and the shield generator is so good, I often pick it over the teleporter even on the first point of assault maps. I imagine she's balanced but that most players in my skill bracket haven't clued in to the fact that she's been buffed yet.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
LMAO WHAT HAPPEND?!

I ended last season at 2431, nothing special kinda below average but whatever I gave it my all I'm just not that good and that's fine, it was a fairly solid win one lose one at that rating.

Me and my friends finally decide to knock out our placements tonight. We are all between 2300 and 2600.

I played mercy every game, got a card every time we won and always had at least 3 medals. We had 6 wins 2 ties and 2 losses.

I got placed 1791, everyone else got low platinum.

W-what?

Anne

I honestly think shield generator should be the de facto choice nowadays.

I agree. It's crazy strong. I think all of current Symm is pretty wild. I just dunno what will be the proper strats at the end of the day.

Anyways I'm bored, but I need to walk through strats to get my mind jogging for work. If anybody has any questions on how any strats work feel free to ask.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They've been trying to spread the distribution in the bronze/silver/gold/low plat ranges this season. Also personal performance seems to matter a lot more.

Also supports might be getting kinda screwed again? I dunno, I've been going mostly ana this season I either lose or gain the same SR, or I've been gaining more SR than losing it for what I consider to be very good performances.

I agree. It's crazy strong. I think all of current Symm is pretty wild. I just dunno what will be the proper strats at the end of the day.

Anyways I'm bored, but I need to walk through strats to get my mind jogging for work. If anybody has any questions on how any strats work feel free to ask.
My one strat has been pretty much replace sym with lucio on defense.

People have been experimenting with no lucio on defense and I think sym makes the perfect replacement.

maomaoIYP

How does the shield generator actually work? Do you need to be constantly in range to receive the 75 shields or can you place it along a path where everyone who runs by will get it until they die?

Anne

How does the shield generator actually work? Do you need to be constantly in range to receive the 75 shields or can you place it along a path where everyone who runs by will get it until they die?

You need to be in range, but it lasts a few seconds once you leave range. The 50m range is extremely generous. Like place near spawn on first point of most maps and have the shields wherever an actual fight will happen.

That's what I do when I see someone pick Widow

You say that, but as a counterpick against turret heavy teams (which I've seen a lot of in QP lately) she can be very useful to delete the turrets.
And tbh, I've seen some Widows putting in some work. Not all of them sure, but I've seen it.

I've played a fair bit of Mystery Heroes, and it's definitely skewed towards defense on 2CP/Payload/Hybrid. Map design favors defense by default, and since ult resets on death, it is difficult to build up enough ult to break through.

It's not impossible as offense, of course. Sometimes you just roll a better team comp than they do and steamroll. But I've found defense to have a huge advantage.

Every time I've been on defense on King's Row as soon as my team loses the first push the team just moves the payload all the way to the end basically uncontested. It's literally shit. I haven't had any fun in this mode at all. I'm either on Defense on King's Row and my team just lets the other team run all the way to the end, or I'm on Attack on Hanamura and my team can't figure out how to get past the first choke point. Like I would honestly be less frustrated playing comp.

Anyway, I finally won on Hanamura and got the loot box reward so now I don't have to play the stupid winter mystery again and can get arcade loot boxes another way.

The best part about the Mei brawl is that it gives you chances to pull out sick 1vX clutches. Just pulled off a 1v3 (with 5 total kills in the round) to win in the sixth round (the first was a draw). My heart is still pumping.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe I'll buy Pharah's skin

but then when am I ever going to play Pharah when I just know the 76 nerf will be followed by a McCree or Bastion buff

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Quick play has way more steamrolling than comp it seems like.
It does, period. It's people running their mains while you're practicing different characters, wondering why you're getting your ass beat and then you check their profile and they're a top 500 Widow.

maomaoIYP

You need to be in range, but it lasts a few seconds once you leave range. The 50m range is extremely generous. Like place near spawn on first point of most maps and have the shields wherever an actual fight will happen.

50m?? Holy shit that's insane. I thought it was 15m, hence I couldn't understand why everyone was having such a good time with it.

Dmax3901

So my fps has tanked with the winter update. As far as I can tell it's just Overwatch that's changed, I did roll back from the AMD ReLive driver as the fan controls weren't 100% working for me.

Anyone had something similar? Getting like 30fps on the main menu :/

ISOM

So my fps has tanked with the winter update. As far as I can tell it's just Overwatch that's changed, I did roll back from the AMD ReLive driver as the fan controls weren't 100% working for me.

Anyone had something similar? Getting like 30fps on the main menu :/

Is your card overclocked? What are the temps when the game is in the middle of a match?

Anbec7

Playing Symmetra + combo with Torb is disgusting you make tiny tanks lol.

So far I have been winning a lot with her but I think it's because most people don't know what to do yet.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I have yet to see one team win offense on hanamura since the update. Six symmetry turrets behind the doors, - Rein, and mei on defense make it impossible to push through

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It does, period. It's people running their mains while you're practicing different characters, wondering why you're getting your ass beat and then you check their profile and they're a top 500 Widow.

I should really just rip the band-aid and exclusively play comp again because I get the same anxiety rush either way and its not like I don't want to win in QP.

I know, at least in QP, a lot of people are experimenting Sombra against Sym. Seen some success, seen some major failures. Either or it's good to see people experimenting (while others will just complain)

Top Bottom