• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Pooya

symmetra's gun is fine but they probably should increase her hitbox now so that she's easier to hit. She's widowmaker thin and just charging at you faster than Mei and harder to hit than Mei.

Quick play has way more steamrolling than comp it seems like.

I am convinced that QP is harder than comp by a long shot at this point. I just want to practice my McCree, so why are you running trip tank meta comp? I have to solo or duo just to be able to practice without getting stomped by six stacks at this point.

Blues1990

I honestly don't know how to feel with Symmetra now. Getting that much HP in armor and self-healing pretty much makes DPS tanks, and in No Limits, it's pretty crazy. The shield generators also shield the other generators, so it's a lot harder to counter behind a corner with 12+ Symmetra turrets guarding them.

As the MEKA-less D.Va, I had 450 health. I was basically tanking for the team. And in the following game, I was a 500 hp Lucio.

Kurumi

This new Symmetra is ridiculous. Like she hasn't even been on live that long and I'm already fed up with her. I wanted her to have some changes. But not like this.

Dartastic

Hey guys, I've had this problem with the game ever since it came out and I was wondering if anyone had a solution.

So, from time to time I'll launch the game and it'll be like, 20fps. Don't know why. It can only fix itself if I restart my computer. Does anyone know why it's doing this? Normally I'm running at like 110 fps, so I don't know what's going on. :(

I've seen a few bugs playing comp today. In one instance my own Zarya ult pulled me in like I was the enemy! That was weird. Not sure if that has happened to anyone else? Not sure what would even cause that.

This can happen if a genji deflects your ult

Yeah I've been trying to play out possible scenarios but there wasn't a Genji on the other team and the enemy team was actually in the ult too. I thought maybe the other team's Zarya ulted exactly where I did but I never heard their voiceline. Was an odd situation and wish I had it recorded or something.

Really good matches tonight, just a hair's breadth away from Platinum. Still no skins tho. Last box had 2 purps, but it was currency and a (old) Widow emote :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Alternatively, Mei's freeze should increase speed with smaller hitboxes and decrease with larger ones. And Primal Rage and Molten Core should reset freeze.

Honestly, Molten Core should nullify Freeze completely.

I only realised today that Zarya's new legendary emote has different stuff she pulls out the gift box. In one she pulls out a bear and hugs it's head off. In another she has a robot that she breaks. In another she constantly pulls out other gift boxes endlessly like the Russian dolls, lol. It's great.

Redmoon

Top 500 just went online. 4168 is where it currently starts for PC NA. Lets see how far it climbs seeing as season 2 started at like the 3700s or something.

antitrop

Wow. Just won a ranked match and was at the voting cards screen and the server shut down unexpectedly. No SR gained. WTF
Yeah, after losing essentially 70SR (losing 20 instead of gaining ~50) and ending a winning streak the other night for a server crash, I'm not fucking with Competitive for a while until they get the servers back to stable.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The start of events is always the worst about that just due to the influx of returning players.

At least the worst it did last night was put me into american servers. Still annoying having to deal with 200ping when I'm not playing against or with americans.

Hey guys, I've had this problem with the game ever since it came out and I was wondering if anyone had a solution.

So, from time to time I'll launch the game and it'll be like, 20fps. Don't know why. It can only fix itself if I restart my computer. Does anyone know why it's doing this? Normally I'm running at like 110 fps, so I don't know what's going on. :(

My game was dropping and then crashing my computer. Turns out my graphics card fan was clogged with dust bunnies. Try using compressed air. I wish I knew that before because I bought a new card to replace my 4 year old one.

The start of events is always the worst about that just due to the influx of returning players.

At least the worst it did last night was put me into american servers. Still annoying having to deal with 200ping when I'm not playing against or with americans.

When that started happening on our end too, we all started joking about running into you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
When that started happening on our end too, we all started joking about running into you.

Might have happened, but most of the night is just everyone on both teams complaining about it haha, so I'm guessing I mostly ran into australians with the same problem.

I wonder if there's a lone american in there thinking "what have I gotten myself into."

xaosslug

just had a match where my team serendipitously ran 3 tank meta, and the enemy team didn't know how to deal except to mirror it. xD

we still won, tho. Shit's OP when done right. Zarya who? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hi there. Sorry you are disappointed with Mei's winter skin. We don't have a specific rule for what makes something Legendary or Epic. We just sort of make a gut call based off of what we think is cool. Coolness is very subjective, and based off of the community reaction it seems like our gauge was off on this one. Our reasoning for it being Legendary was that we completely redid the visual effects for Cryo-Freeze (we turned the ice block into a snowman). We thought that was pretty special and we had done it specifically based on community suggestions from months ago when people were speculating that we might have a winter event. Apparently, lots of people don't agree with us and that's ok. It's all good feedback and we're learning something for future events.

For people concerned that Mei is not going to get another Legendary for a long time, you need not worry. We have something pretty awesome for her early next year.

Apologies that our "cool meter" was off from yours on this one. We'll try to align better on future content.
Chinese Dress Mei inc

I mean, it's cool they gave her ice block some new visuals, but other than that it's literally just a recolor with a hat added. Not really up to par for a legendary and not worth 3k coins imo.

AbaFadi

Banned
Top 500 is out

200th place EU with 4321 rating.

Apparently I won 49 games and not eligible yet lol. Too bad I need to study though for two finals on Friday. Congrats though, you're SR is really high.

Edit: Just took a quick peak. Even though I didn't win 50 games I got placed in top 500 at 183 with 4147 SR. PS4 NA

Dartastic

My game was dropping and then crashing my computer. Turns out my graphics card fan was clogged with dust bunnies. Try using compressed air. I wish I knew that before because I bought a new card to replace my 4 year old one.
Mine is a couple month old 1070. It can't be that. I don't know what else it is. :(

Veelk

Banned
I cry no fucking tears for anyone complaining about D.Va as long as Soldier is the obnoxious cunt that he is. Been a while since I played a role that Soldier is good against, and it's fucking STUPID how easily he puts people down.

Symmetra's rework going live is the best. Happy to see that she's getting used plenty now 😊She deserves it.

Have been traveling the past few days and get home tonight and I'm excited to start working to get the Christmas stuff when I get home.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sym seems ridiculous now. Are there sound cues I haven't heard for the shield charger? It seems hard to find so far. And even attack sym feels like it has actual merit since it's very hard for a defender to try and find that.

maomaoIYP

Has anyone got advice for solo queue in comp (on console)? I've lost four straight games and played well in nearly all of them. I see some people saying solo queue is legit but I seem ot keep getting randos who either panic switch after a death or switch from a healer to another class. At least on pc you can type and chat, in most games, I'm the only one with a mic.

1) Play your best characters as long as the comp still makes sense. E.g. I sure as hell can't play Reinhardt or Zarya, so no matter how much someone is flashing them on the select screen I will not swap to them.

2) Try to anticipate what your team mates are doing and sync your actions with them as much as you can. This means sticking close to your team mates if the skills have good sync. E.g. If you are soldier and there is a Reinhardt, stay behind him at and shoot from behind his shield.

3) If your character can make a play, use your emote wheel to tell them about your ult and group up. There will be some smart enough to respond and follow. Then make your damn play. I was playing Zen this one time, Soldier, Zarya and Roadhog emoted that they had ult, so I emoted I had Transcendence. Zarya would not start the play, and neither would Roadhog. So the Soldier ult-ed, got killed instantly, I ult-ed to to support the soldier but not quick enough to keep him alive and the Zarya and Roadhog still would not push into the point.

4) If you notice you are getting tilted way too much. Stop playing for a while. Or if you have already reached your desired tier for the season, stop giving a shit about wins and just play.

So far my skins luck is not there. Only gotten Peppermint Sombra.

If I have to buy the Pharah skin I will, but luckily nothing else is in the need pile.

Skii

I've pulled 3 legendaries so far in my 7 loot boxes but only one is a christmas one (Torb). Blizzard are going to force me to buy boxes again, the bastards.

Top Bottom