• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
On one hand, the healing in this game. Ana specifically is way too high and that needs a change as fights go too long and it benefits tanks too strongly.
On the other hand, out here in non-pro world it's hard to get someone to pick ONE support much less two healers. Even Lucio's not great at being a solo healer anymore so that just seems like more of a total nightmare.

After playing some matches with GAFers, I'm back in love with Overwatch again. Should know better than to get upset at an arcade mode. Playing solo games and playing with a GAF group is basically night and day. And after doing mediocre as Soldier and okay as Symmetra/Ana/Zen against big stacks, I think I've found my calling as D.Va. Going 20-1 and 16-1 in back-to-back matches against a pretty tough six stack made me realize I can play her pretty well and also made me realize how invaluable it is to play with people who know what they're doing and group up!

Thanks GAFbros, you're the best. Happy holidays!

I got my second Ana POTG. Woo.

Good games gaffers. I wa proud to beat that six stack.

When Ana gets POTG, we're all winners.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Damn I lost a game because someone D/C and didn't come back. a shame too since someone on the other team was throwing lol.

I lost a game because someone said "If I make this basketball shot then we disconnect". He made it, his friend disconencted, could not rejoin, GG

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think my favorite Sombra ability is her passive to see low hp enemies. You feel like the mother fucking predator with that and stealth. Oh I know you crouching behind that heal with no HP McCree. And I'm coming for that ass.

webkatt

What's the cheapest way to get this on PC?

I just got a 1070 and want to give it a go.

Sadly It isn't a Xbox cross play game. I have Xboix credit burning a hole in my pocket.

Been meaning to ask this for a while but kept forgetting. Shit's been really getting on my nerves lately.

Basically when I'm in the menus, the game CONSTANTLY acts like I've got my finger pressed on the d-pad even though I'm not touching my controller. I'm on PS4.

It does this horizontally as well as vertically, so you can imagine what a pain in the ass navigating the menus has become since this problem started (around the Halloween event I'd say).

There's nothing wrong with my controllers, this issue doesn't manifest when I'm actually playing, only in the menus, and this doesn't happen in any other game.

Imagine finishing a comp game where you've just been squashed. You want to gtfo as quick as possible without sitting through the cards/XP/SR. Only I can't because I end up in the options or some other shit because the game's cursor's acting fucking crazy. Browsing though my hero gallery is a nightmare too. Hell just picking the right game mode takes me 3-4 tries.

Anyone else has that problem ?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think my favorite Sombra ability is her passive to see low hp enemies. You feel like the mother fucking predator with that and stealth. Oh I know you crouching behind that heal with no HP McCree. And I'm coming for that ass.

Then proceed to get flashbanged > FtH. :p

I did that today in a match - I snuck behind enemy lines and picked off a Torb low on health. I saw him angling for a health pack so I went stealth and appeared right in between him and the health.

The panic in Santa's eyes was real.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder what Seagull's Team Fortress 2 sensitivity settings were like. I'm just always blown away by his Zarya tracking, but most people I know that played TF2 played at a higher sensitivity especially someone who mains a Soldier for rocket jumping.

It's why I've gone back to slightly higher sensitivity. The lower sens is nice when I'm aiming forward with someone like 76 or McCree but when I've got people diving and flying all over me, I'm completely fucked. I can't keep up with the swings of people flying all over.

You son of a bitch.

yeb1kVr.gif

pizzacat

Banned
I wonder what Seagull's Team Fortress 2 sensitivity settings were like. I'm just always blown away by his Zarya tracking, but most people I know that played TF2 played at a higher sensitivity especially someone who mains a Soldier for rocket jumping.

It's why I've gone back to slightly higher sensitivity. The lower sens is nice when I'm aiming forward with someone like 76 or McCree but when I've got people diving and flying all over me, I'm completely fucked. I can't keep up with the swings of people flying all over.
There's sensitivity settings for everyone which is great since you mentioned TF2 I had much lower ones for scout then I would for Soldier and demo which were the only classes I played and would have to get third party solutions for it.

Leading to me having high pharah ones and low ones for mccree and anyone else who has to aim on the ground

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's sensitivity settings for everyone which is great since you mentioned TF2 I had much lower ones for scout then I would for Soldier and demo which were the only classes I played and would have to get third party solutions for it.

Leading to me having high pharah ones and low ones for mccree and anyone else who has to aim on the ground

I've tried that before. Winston was jacked up to 7 for me but I can't do it. It throws my rhythm off way too much when I switch heroes for a different team comp. I met somewhere inbetween my Winston sens and my 76 sens.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bastion has to officially be the worst character in the game at this point, right? Like in a shit tier all his own.

also watched a grandmaster solo game with a frenchman, a korean and an american. and they still had better communication than the shit I've been in

Greddleok

Nah, Bastion still has his uses. Once you get that single use from him, you have to switch out though, as everyone will be prepared for him and you'll just die over and over.

How necessary is a mic/voice chat to improve in this game? I basically never play multiplayer, so I never got one, but I really liked what I played of this on PC and will probably be sinking more time into it

Apathy

man, qp really is filled with the worst people. I mean toxicity i mean just terribleness. Some dude that was level 12 with some friend that has been playing for a while picks dva. at no point does he ever use his right click, he spent the whole match just holding down left click.

I can't even begin to imagine what the hell is going through some people's minds

How necessary is a mic/voice chat to improve in this game? I basically never play multiplayer, so I never got one, but I really liked what I played of this on PC and will probably be sinking more time into it

In comp you should use one, but not mandatory, every other mode who cares

Anne

Communication and teamwork are extremely important. Once you get really good things become understood and you can get by with understanding what people are pinging, but mics still help

LowParry

I would say it's a must for call outs on Ultimates and player positioning. If you're just going in solo probably not that big of a deal. Long as you're hearing others, etc.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I go back and forth using my mic. Sometimes I just don't want to deal with people in general, sometimes I have a really good time communicating as a team with strangers. Toxicity is a rare thing for me when it comes to voice chat, but you get it here and there.

I'm actually more surprised at the number of times I've heard women over voicechat and not have the rest of my team be sexist idiots. Happened 1 time I think but the rest of the team called him out on it.

Halloween patch decreased her scope animation time and the patch after that increased her scoped charge speed

I think?

Yeah. Haven't really had time to play in a while so the charge speed increase is IMMEDIATELY noticeable after some time away. She needed this months ago. She feels super snappy and fun to play now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So did I miss some weird buff to Sombra or was this a bug?

Backfilled into a QP game as Sombra. Volksaya second point. Hack the 2 big health packs on the last point. And I never had to hack them again. They were always 'full' on the skull meter. It's possible that my EMPs were doing it but that seems pretty unlikely since I used them sparingly

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been playing a bunch of Sombra in QP to get myself used to her to jump into comp

but then i'll probably not get much of a chance to play her in comp.

Top Bottom