• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

man, qp really is filled with the worst people. I mean toxicity i mean just terribleness. Some dude that was level 12 with some friend that has been playing for a while picks dva. at no point does he ever use his right click, he spent the whole match just holding down left click.

I can't even begin to imagine what the hell is going through some people's minds

Maybe it's because they're only level 12? Give people time to learn how to play the game dude.

I go back and forth using my mic. Sometimes I just don't want to deal with people in general, sometimes I have a really good time communicating as a team with strangers. Toxicity is a rare thing for me when it comes to voice chat, but you get it here and there.

I'm actually more surprised at the number of times I've heard women over voicechat and not have the rest of my team be sexist idiots. Happened 1 time I think but the rest of the team called him out on it.

My matches are just as inconsistent with communication as they are without, so I don't really care one way or the other personally.

maomaoIYP

So did I miss some weird buff to Sombra or was this a bug?

Backfilled into a QP game as Sombra. Volksaya second point. Hack the 2 big health packs on the last point. And I never had to hack them again. They were always 'full' on the skull meter. It's possible that my EMPs were doing it but that seems pretty unlikely since I used them sparingly

The exact thing happened to me in Hanamura. I thought I was imagining it. It wasn't my emp because I only used it once, and it was during overtime.

So did I miss some weird buff to Sombra or was this a bug?

Backfilled into a QP game as Sombra. Volksaya second point. Hack the 2 big health packs on the last point. And I never had to hack them again. They were always 'full' on the skull meter. It's possible that my EMPs were doing it but that seems pretty unlikely since I used them sparingly
Happened to me too multiple times on diff maps, even lijiang. Think it's bugged

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
man for real syms shield barrier generator has way too much hp. i unloaded a clip with sombra at point blank and it didnt die. she had the area covered in turrets in that little nook in Hanamura(that straight up shouldnt be allowed) and the only way for me to realistically kill it is to Solo EMP it to destroy its shields and finish it off before the lasers hit me.

Nevermind the joke of a time I had earlier as Lucio trying to kill it. IT was like throwing pebbles at a tank.

man for real syms shield barrier generator has way too much hp. i unloaded a clip with sombra at point blank and it didnt die. she had the area covered in turrets in that little nook in Hanamura(that straight up shouldnt be allowed) and the only way for me to realistically kill it is to Solo EMP it to destroy its shields and finish it off before the lasers hit me.

Which nook was this? The one with the big health pack?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Which nook was this? The one with the big health pack?
screenshot_16-12-15_0sou8h.jpg

screenshot_16-12-15_0jau8r.jpg
And I could have pushed it in a little further and still covered the entire temple. I think Pharah splash might hit it from there but even if it did it wouldnt be able to rip through the shields and the enemy would have found you poking at it by then. Junkrat nades probably wouldnt be able to hit it with the massive overhand in the way of the height he would need and even then it would need to bounce to the right

Right here. By my assumption pretty much nothing can kill this due to how much HP it has and how much it regenerates due to shields. Like the only viable thing I could see getting in here is a Hanzo scatter arrow and there's no way it would do enough damage to take it out and then it would just refill before he gets another. The only way you could kill it is if you were pushing in so hard on point B that you might as well ignore it and try to take the point unless Junk can spam in there.

The only way I found able to kill it, like I said, was using Sombra and suicide killing it. Usually having to use an EMP because so much of its hp is shields and she just stuck sentries all over it.

And I could have pushed it in a little further and still covered the entire temple. I think Pharah splash might hit it from there but even if it did it wouldnt be able to rip through the shields and the enemy would have found you poking at it by then. Junkrat nades probably wouldnt be able to hit it with the massive overhand in the way of the height he would need and even then it would need to bounce to the right

Right here. By my assumption pretty much nothing can kill this due to how much HP it has and how much it regenerates due to shields. Like the only viable thing I could see getting in here is a Hanzo scatter arrow and there's no way it would do enough damage to take it out and then it would just refill before he gets another. The only way you could kill it is if you were pushing in so hard on point B that you might as well ignore it and try to take the point unless Junk can spam in there.

The only way I found able to kill it, like I said, was using Sombra and suicide killing it. Usually having to use an EMP because so much of its hp is shields and she just stuck sentries all over it.

Weird, I thought it didn't allow you to put the generator that close to spawn. That seems super unfair.

He doesn't already?

If he does, then probably so does everyone else in the PS4 squad.

Veelk

Banned
You know, I feel like Reinhardt is now... Well, if not over powered, overly valuable. He was already a great help in the ult meta, but with the ults, it meant his shield wouldn't take be able to hold out for too long. But with the emphasis on normal attacks, Reinhardt can turn games around in a single push. Every single comp I've had lately, if there is only one Reinhardt in play, the team without him loses, no matter what. Players can no longer put out the kind of punishment they used to and as a result, the value of Reinhardt's shield went way, way up. It may as well be the new speed boost, it's so important.

I would be interested in an experiment in ptr where it's brought down by 500 points.

Got matched against the same pair of masters four times in a row. That was lovely.

1 draw, 3 humiliations.

The last match we didn't even pass the first bridge in Dorado on attack so I quit mid game for the first time ever.

Apparently no one else is playing the game. Hope they won't be around anymore when I wake up.

Cappa

Banned
You know, I feel like Reinhardt is now... Well, if not over powered, overly valuable. He was already a great help in the ult meta, but with the ults, it meant his shield wouldn't take be able to hold out for too long. But with the emphasis on normal attacks, Reinhardt can turn games around in a single push. Every single comp I've had lately, if there is only one Reinhardt in play, the team without him loses, no matter what. Players can no longer put out the kind of punishment they used to and as a result, the value of Reinhardt's shield went way, way up. It may as well be the new speed boost, it's so important.

I would be interested in an experiment in ptr where it's brought down by 500 points.

I am forced to play Rein many times because im on a team that refuses to use him.... and if I dont we usually get steam rolled.

On another note....Ive gone from playing in matches with masters and grandmasters to now on a downward spiral back to Plat range and I think it has everything to do with being stuck having to play in Europe region.(PS4)

It could just be a coincidence, but I dont think it is. Europe region is a disaster compared to playing in US region. When I was in the US a couple of weeks ago on vacation, I had no problems getting on teams where everyone communicated, people seemed to know what they were doing and played well now that Im back in Europe, no one communicates, if people are in groups they never use team chat, the hero picks are disastrous and the level of play seems to be really bad.

Im not some incredibly awesome Overwatch player but at the very least if youre S76 you need to be taking out Pharah. I had some guy on my team with a Top 500 player icon, playing as S76 who was getting completely annihilated by Pharah. I dont understand it and makes competitive so frustrating for me now... I wish you could pick regions on PS4...

ISOM

It's really true especially in the tank era we're currently in. Rein protects you from Hog's hooks and lord help your team if you don't have his shield to hide behind when D.Va launches her ult.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I should really just rip the band-aid and exclusively play comp again because I get the same anxiety rush either way and its not like I don't want to win in QP.
I find comp is easier in that regard cause I at least know my team is trying. That said I've been plugging away in mystery heroes for fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what?
Soldier 76 is a problem right now.
You know what?
Sombra is a little too niche
You know what should be turned off by an EMP bomb even while in use?
a fucking Tactical Visor

Rizzi

Ugh, Australian players still getting shoved on to US servers. Blizzard's response has been about as useful the last time it happened. Which is basically nothing.

i was pocket dpsing a genji (with the carbon fiber skin of course) today and he tried fucking deflecting zarya instead of finishing her off

almost screamed

Nevermind the joke of a time I had earlier as Lucio trying to kill it. IT was like throwing pebbles at a tank.
I just played offensive Eichenwalde and placed it behind the last closed door. A Winston went into rage and attacked it constantly for the entire duration of his ult and couldn't take it down. As much as I love Symmetra I have to agree.

I just played offensive Eichenwalde and placed it behind the last closed door. A Winston went into rage and attacked it constantly for the entire duration of his ult and couldn't take it down. As much as I love Symmetra I have to agree.

i mean to be fair a winston ult isn't really meant for dps

Cappa

Banned

strange..... any time I set it up its down in seconds.

xviper

after the new update the matchmaking has been slow as fuck on ps4, did the player base died or something ?? or blizzard fucked up the MM system on ps4 ?

ISOM

after the new update the matchmaking has been slow as fuck on ps4, did the player base died or something ?? or blizzard fucked up the MM system on ps4 ?

It's the holidays and Blizzard just released their Winter loot packs. The servers are probably being overrun with casuals returning and new players. What do you expect?

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-12-15-overwatch-hero-meta-report-the-meta-that-was

Obviously a lot more at the link

Man AfBlue got rolled. They were everywhere with their picks

Also this is interesting

I was lucky enough to spend some time with the Complexity Overwatch team this weekend and Harbleu – one of the world’s best Roadhog players – made an excellent point when we were discussing their experience with Symmetra on the PTR: he won’t be able to 1-shot anyone as long as Symmetra’s Shield Generator is active. The tank lineups that have “plagued” the meta in recent times depend on the damage output of Roadhog’s 1-shots and D.Va’s 1v1 dueling capability but with Shield Generator active, DPS and Supports transform into pseudo-tanks with 225 (Tracer), 325 (Reaper and Mei), or 275 (everyone else) health. Under Shield Generator’s helpful aura, Soldier 76 and Reaper may actually be able to out-duel D.Va and one of the upsides to playing Roadhog could disappear. Could this usher in a new era of DPS heroes – at least on defense?

maomaoIYP

I think the way to trigger the Sombra glitch is to hack a health pack while it is still hacked.

edit: Yup, just tested it. It works perfectly.

gaugebozo

Weird, I thought it didn't allow you to put the generator that close to spawn. That seems super unfair.

If he does, then probably so does everyone else in the PS4 squad.
A teammate put it right next to the other spawn door, literally touching the yellow box. It was slightly behind a corner, and the enemy team never knew it was there.

Cappa

Banned
To be fair, thats the meta for professional play specifically OGN competition.... heroes like Pharah, Junkrat, Mercy seem to be very relevant on lower level play especially on Consoles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To be fair, thats the meta for professional play specifically OGN competition.... heroes like Pharah, Junkrat, Mercy seem to be very relevant on lower level play especially on Consoles.

Yes I imagine a hero that can fly vertically would do well on a scene where the enemy has issue aiming up.

Top Bottom