• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Ramirez

Damn, Blizz matchmaking killing it as usual!!

15493420_10154173058461989_6440776948642689485_o.jpg

Blues1990

Do any of the new Legendary Winter Wonderland skins have any character-context lines? I know Santaclad Torbjorn will yell "MERRY MOLTON CORE" & say "Santa Torb is coming to town" when he first spawns, but I haven't had a chance to mess around with the others yet.

I'm surprised Roadhog doesn't say "Keep the change, you filthy animal." when he kills someone while the Rudolf skin is equipped.

Sec0nd

Just had a game against a Symetra on KotH. That's super rough. Once that shield generator is on, you're priority turns to it. Otherwise you're totally done.

exYle

They need to buff Reaper if they want to save the meta.

You know, that's not a bad idea. Reaper's shotguns shoot pellets, right? So they could decrease the damage per pellet, increase the spread a little, but greatly increase the number of pellets per shot. So he should be roughly the same against small, squishy heroes, but much more effective against tanks.

Veelk

Banned
I dunno, Reaper still pretty good if you can get in range.

I think the problem is partially Reinhardt, who is just too useful at blocking damage without ults constantly tearing his shield down, and the presence of soldier. As long as Soldier has the damage he has, why would anyone choose a character that needs to get in inclose to do damage and self heal when they can just spray and pray from afar?

LiK

I think the problem is partially Reinhardt, who is just too useful at blocking damage without ults constantly tearing his shield down, and the presence of soldier. As long as Soldier has the damage he has, why would anyone choose a character that needs to get in inclose to do damage and self heal when they can just spray and pray from afar?

Usually if Soldier is picked already, you gotta go for 3rd best.
McCree 2nd best

Do any of the new Legendary Winter Wonderland skins have any character-context lines? I know Santaclad Torbjorn will yell "MERRY MOLTON CORE" & say "Santa Torb is coming to town" when he first spawns, but I haven't had a chance to mess around with the others yet.

I'm surprised Roadhog doesn't say "Keep the change, you filthy animal." when he kills someone while the Rudolf skin is equipped.
I'm pretty sure Scrooge McCree actually has a few new lines but I can't confirm that.

ohkay

Reinhardt's shield melts pretty fast nowadays, or at least mine seems to

Veelk

Banned
Reinhardt's shield melts pretty fast nowadays, or at least mine seems to

If the enemy team focus' on it, but generally speaking the rest of your team should be giving them hell when their busy trying to whittle away the shield. The point isn't that the shield lasts forever, but without ults coming up constantly, it can take a LOOOOOOOT of damage before the team wears it down enough to move forward for the team kill, all while the enemy team is shooting at them back through a save spot.

The problem I have with Reinhardt isn't that he's overpowered in the usual sense, but without ults, his shield has been made much more effective. It's to the point where if one team is running Reinhardt while the other one isn't, the game can basically be considered over. It's like the new Speedboost, it's become the most important ability to have.

As a result of that, Reaper just has a harder time getting through, since his job is to flank. As is, it's more useful to keep distance and just stare enemies to death with your super death machine assault rifle from a distance, especially since you can self heal.

Chance

Tracer definitely has some. "Cheers love, the holidays are here!" when she spawn, "hohoho!" when she gets a kill and "dashing through the snow!" (sung very quickly) when you do three blinks.

Heropon

Well, it seems the positioning matches were a mirage. All the complaints I read about solo queue were real and lost 300 points. The last match everyone left, so I don't know, I don't feel like even trying. :(

Chance

with a change to her shield generator she'll be fine

I don't think Hog is that bad either because he's the same he's ever been. D.Va though yeah I can see that. I insta-lock her in comp for a reason.

I've killed the crap out of a lot of those generators since the patch - it's pretty-easily countered, even by a squishy little Tracer.

Everyone thinks Symm is broken right now.

I would give her a little bit of time before judging her. People were saying Sombra was going to be super OP and broken on release and shortly after, and look how that panned out. :p

with a change to her shield generator she'll be fine

I don't think Hog is that bad either because he's the same he's ever been. D.Va though yeah I can see that. I insta-lock her in comp for a reason.

Roadhog has never been in the frontlines as being borked because of 2 reasons - one, there always was something else that was even more broken, and two, due to ult charge being reduced, getting picks is much more important than it has been before. As such, Roadhog's role of picking off single targets has become much more powerful.

Nimby

Banned
Everyone thinks Symm is broken right now.

How do you actually beat a Sym + Torb defense? Where everyone has 75 shields and 75 armor? That's a big oversight on Blizzard's part, shouldn't have even been in the base game, adding 150 total health to each individual is just nonsense.

Not to mention Blizzard put a character on live servers that can exploit the game by putting her generator in certain spawns, making it impossible to destroy. What have they actually been doing? That is not acceptable.

How do you actually beat a Sym + Torb defense? Where everyone has 75 shields and 75 armor? That's a big oversight on Blizzard's part, shouldn't have even been in the base game, adding 150 total health to each individual is just nonsense.

Not to mention Blizzard put a character on live servers that can exploit the game by putting her generator in certain spawns, making it impossible to destroy. What have they actually been doing? That is not acceptable.
Eh it's an ultimate, it needs an adjustment but temporarily turning everyone into a mini tank is a pretty cool idea for a support ultimate.

This is the real wtf part

I mean seriously, wtf

Well I was going to come in here and rant about how someone AFKd in the first minute and a half in a ranked game and of course Blizzard just expects us to take the loss without bothering to matchmaker someone else in or call the game.

... But against all odds we pulled out the 4v5 victory moving the payload all the way to the end on Route 66! Still though, that's a miracle...

Edit: another leaver next match. Fml

Blues1990

I'm pretty sure Scrooge McCree actually has a few new lines but I can't confirm that.

Tracer definitely has some. "Cheers love, the holidays are here!" when she spawn, "hohoho!" when she gets a kill and "dashing through the snow!" (sung very quickly) when you do three blinks.

Cool, thanks for the info, guys. I need to hear Tracer's lines now, as they sound pretty cute.

giphy.gif

My highest on PS4 was 29XX im so happy :))))

Congratulations, my friend. Now go and achieve greater heights and become a Master! :D

Jellie

I've heard Tracer say dashing through the snow. Happened when she blinked.

Nimby

Banned
Eh it's an ultimate, it needs an adjustment but temporarily turning everyone into a mini tank is a pretty cool idea for a support ultimate.

If it is placed in spawn, which it can be on certain maps, it is a permanent boost. Generator is actually pretty tough to destroy because of it's large HP pool, portion of it being shields, with the turret buff is usually laced with turrets, which combined do a ton of damage, and that's completely disregarding the fact that with it's higher HP pool, teammates actually have a chance to defend it.

Pretty much the only character who can take it is D.Va. Genji can't anymore, nor can Winston and Tracer/Sombra will trouble with their damage outputs. I'm not complaining about the durability, just the fact the ultimate is strong enough that letting you place it in spawn is just dumb. You could argue about other aspects of her, it will probably take more time to see what kind of impact she can really have, but that as an oversight is just pathetic. Release characters when they're done please.

Sullichin

Pharah does not counter Pharah. Why do people think she does? People on my team always pick her in the worst conditions

Yea I said in a game "we might want a counter of Pharah" and dude starts talking about how he IS Pharah...

I mean it's better than being junkrat I guess but it'd be a lot easier if you were 76!
I have an easier time killing Pharah as Zenyatta than I do as Pharah.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yea I said in a game "we might want a counter of Pharah" and dude starts talking about how he IS Pharah...

I mean it's better than being junkrat I guess but it'd be a lot easier if you were 76!
I have an easier time killing Pharah as Zenyatta than I do as Pharah.
There have been games when I considered Zen the Pharah counter because no one else in the group had anything even close to hitscan. Zen's projectiles are pretty fast anyway.

Once people recognize a shield generator as a legit threat I bet they last as long as teleporters did before her rework.

Edit: Wait, they actually let you place it in the spawn? lmao, alright Bilzzard

Paltheos

Who do you consider broken right now?

Since everybody's doing it!

Ana: Nerf Biotic Grenade, probably the boost% (to 150%?).
Dva: Less health, probably convert 100 armor to 100 red health.
Sym: I don't even know where to start since even pre-patch I've hated this character on principle. Make her ulti stupid easy to find and revert some of her buffs (which I can't say for certain yet, probably the stored turret capacity?).

That....Is actually the wisest thing one can do, actually. Are you down to play, per chance?

I dont mind, im not on now but you can shoot me an Inv if you do see me on. I play on EU
Newtype#21541

No mic btw :x

Edit:
Sorry if i ever decline.
Sometimes you just wanna go solo without pressure of groups.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
http://kotaku.com/blizzard-says-the..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
“Sorry you are disappointed with Mei’s winter skin. We don’t have a specific rule for what makes something Legendary or Epic. We just sort of make a gut call based off of what we think is cool. Coolness is very subjective, and based off of the community reaction it seems like our gauge was off on this one. Our reasoning for it being Legendary was that we completely redid the visual effects for Cryo-Freeze (we turned the ice block into a snowman). We thought that was pretty special and we had done it specifically based on community suggestions from months ago when people were speculating that we might have a winter event. Apparently, lots of people don’t agree with us and that’s ok. It’s all good feedback and we’re learning something for future events.”
So instead of lowering the coin price on your recolor we get:

nJT9fPG.gif

I don't even like Mei

Trey

Since everybody's doing it!

Ana: Nerf Biotic Grenade, probably the boost% (to 150%?).
Dva: Less health, probably convert 100 armor to 100 red health.
Sym: I don't even know where to start since even pre-patch I've hated this character on principle. Make her ulti stupid easy to find and revert some of her buffs (which I can't say for certain yet, probably the stored turret capacity?).

So basically delete symm from the game, got it.

Apathy

Waxwing

If it is placed in spawn, which it can be on certain maps, it is a permanent boost. Generator is actually pretty tough to destroy because of it's large HP pool, portion of it being shields, with the turret buff is usually laced with turrets, which combined do a ton of damage, and that's completely disregarding the fact that with it's higher HP pool, teammates actually have a chance to defend it.

Pretty much the only character who can take it is D.Va. Genji can't anymore, nor can Winston and Tracer/Sombra will trouble with their damage outputs. I'm not complaining about the durability, just the fact the ultimate is strong enough that letting you place it in spawn is just dumb. You could argue about other aspects of her, it will probably take more time to see what kind of impact she can really have, but that as an oversight is just pathetic. Release characters when they're done please.

You can't put down the generator in spawn.

Top Bottom