• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Wanderer5

Wonder how Love Hacktually is.:p

d8iz9Im.jpg

This snowman is interesting.

They really did a nice job with the winter makeover of these maps.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone else having random frame slowdown since the Winter update? Because I've been getting drops to the 15-25s when I've never had this issue before.

And not even on Winter maps. I just had it on Eichenwalde.

cyborg009

Banned
go ahead and try to kill it with anyone else

go ahead

Ok update I destroyed a shield generator with tracer that was near the spawn on dorado took me a while to find it but was unfortunately we still couldn't make another push. But fortunately on defense I showed them how to really play Symmetra.
They couldn't even get the first point.

Wanderer5

How can you explore the winter variants of King's Row and Hanamura? Did you do it while skirmishing for a game?

You can just go into custom game and select these maps to play a match on without any other players or AI. Not sure if you can disable or increase the timer through (well guess you can on attack).

Apathy

Wonder how Love Hacktually is.:p

This snowman is interesting.

They really did a nice job with the winter makeover of these maps.

I want the snowmen to stick around in watchpoint: Antarctica mostly because it makes the backstory that may has gone insane even more real. Like the map was already showcasing how crazy mei had gone what with being the only survivor and leaving herself notes from herself. Witht he snowmen, it gives it so much of a creepier feeling

This is an actual placement game.

I'll let you guess how it went.

I mean if anything your team is a little bit better, at least having more than 1 person be over 100

Wanderer5

I want the snowmen to stick around in watchpoint: Antarctica mostly because it makes the backstory that may has gone insane even more real. Like the map was already showcasing how crazy mei had gone what with being the only survivor and leaving herself notes from herself. Witht he snowmen, it gives it so much of a creepier feeling

You talking about the practice range or eco point? I should go check those out.

Sane_Man

I feel like the game is trying to push me away at the moment. The last two days have just been filled with just constant heavy defeats. Like completely demolished. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't forced to play healer every game and then get blamed by (usually) the most useless team mates. A widow started spamming abuse to me earlier because I wasn't healing her when she was half the map away from the group and I was the only healer. What the fuck do they expect. For me to leave the rest of the team and solo heal them?? Worst sniper ever as well, unsurprisingly. I really wish it didn't bother me so much.

I honestly have more fun playing against bots most of the time.

Apathy

You talking about the practice range or eco point? I should go check those out.

the 3v3 and 1v1 map during that brawl, not sure if the snowmen are up right now in just regular 1v1 and 3v3 or they specifically left them in only on that map for this brawl

Prelude.

I mean if anything your team is a little bit better, at least having more than 1 person be over 100
It wasn't. Everyone was trickling in, no one was EVER grouped up, the other team was overextended like crazy and no one punished them, attack Bastion, Lucio runs literally alone into the enemy team and dies, enemy Widow free to do whatever. We pushed the payload 10 meters on King's Row and that's it. I've never had a match this bad since the release of the game.

Everyone was unranked except for the 111 guy in the other team btw.

You carried with gengu?
I should have, I went Ana because they instalocked everything. I was so tilted the next match we went triple tank, got D.Va and won.

Am I missing something here?
Everyone's a noob and played like in the open beta.

Just had the weirdest match ever. A duo team were constantly bitching and raging at each other about their choice of picks (One wanted the other to use Reinhardt, the other wanted to be Winston).

Eventually turned into a full blown argument and he rage quit mid match lol

Blues1990

You can just go into custom game and select these maps to play a match on without any other players or AI. Not sure if you can disable or increase the timer through (well guess you can on attack).

Oh, cool. Thanks for the heads up. Shame that the Halloween variant of Hollywood isn't there, but maybe Blizzard could add it in a future update?

Soldier 76 has a new voice line lamenting how he was powerless to save the scientists at the Antarctica echo-point location, along with Mei feeling survivors guilt. It's the first time to hear her feeling sad, and I honestly teared up a bit.

She woke up alone, found out everyone she worked with was dead, and probably stayed there for a while, awaiting back up from an organisation that had already dissolved.

And then she's still such a positive individual whenever she talks. After all of that. The feels. Are too much. D:

Apathy

Oh, cool. Thanks for the heads up. Shame that the Halloween variant of Hollywood isn't there, but maybe Blizzard could add it in a future update?

Soldier 76 has a new voice line lamenting how he was powerless to save the scientists at the Antarctica echo-point location, along with Mei feeling survivors guilt. It's the first time to hear her feeling sad, and I honestly teared up a bit.

She woke up alone, found out everyone she worked with was dead, and probably stayed there for a while, awaiting back up from an organisation that had already dissolved.

And then she's still such a positive individual whenever she talks. After all of that. The feels. Are too much. D:

She went stir crazy for sure. Thats why the snowmen as the replacement for her dead co workers works so well.

Also getting really sick and tired of attack syms, holy shit so many bad players making a match be a 5v6

Jellie

My favourite part is when you kill 2 people with your biotic grenade and just look around like "where were they?"
You should have seen my torb potg today with Caesar. It was very predictable so you didn't really miss much. Wish I recorded it now though cos it was pretty funny.
Did you record your genji potg?

Skii

You should have seen my torb potg today with Caesar. It was very predictable so you didn't really miss much. Wish I recorded it now though cos it was pretty funny.
Did you record your genji potg?

I think I might've been there. Was that in the morning with the 5 man group? And you got like quadruple kill on Dorado with your turret as you walked back from spawn?

Yeah I recorded it but will probably post it tomorrow as I'm supposed to be asleep now.

Jellie

I think I might've been there. Was that in the morning with the 5 man group? And you got like quadruple kill on Dorado with your turret as you walked back from spawn?

Yeah I recorded it but will probably post it tomorrow as I'm supposed to be asleep now.
Oh yeah you were there. I left right after I think.

Layell

Doesn't really make sense, Mei and her team all cryofroze themselves to survive, just nobody else got out. A rescue team didn't come for years later.

Playing Mercy makes me sad sometimes..

Team bitches about lack of Res's, but never keeps me alive long enough to rez. Team tells me hide to so I can rez more, then bitches about lack of heals. Heal more so they don't die only to die due to lack of protection and never get to rez.

Trey

Even Seagull says Symmetra's new buildings feel impossible to kill

Yeah. *Even if you know where it's at*, you gotta run through the heart of now tanky ass enemies to kill something that has 300 health. Since it goes through walls, there's so many defensible positions to smack it down at.

Blizzard is going to nerf the range by at least half soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
image4deucx.jpg

This has been like every other QP match for me since the Sym update on attack. Widowmaker and Hanzo everywhere and Attack Sym is a staple of the QP solo experience now.
And guess what's always on defense? Torb and Symmetra.

Apathy

image4deucx.jpg

This has been like every other QP match for me since the Sym update on attack. Widowmaker and Hanzo everywhere and Attack Sym is a staple of the QP solo experience now.
And guess what's always on defense? Torb and Symmetra.

Lol that level 12 fulfilling the stereotype

ISOM

Yeah. *Even if you know where it's at*, you gotta run through the heart of now tanky ass enemies to kill something that has 300 health. Since it goes through walls, there's so many defensible positions to smack it down at.

Blizzard is going to nerf the range by at least half soon.

The range on it right now never made any sense and then you add the buff to it's health and I don't know how it got out of ptr.

cHinzo

Finally got some of those free loot boxes from arcade mode. Still need 3 more wins for the last box, this shit is taking forever. ;__;

Got some cool stuff though! Nutcracker Zenyatta, Shiver Reaper, Peppermint Sombra and Rudolph Roadhog were all in those cases. Tbh I only want the SantaBjörn skin before the event ends and maybe the Lucio one. Gonna buy em on the last day if I don't get it during this event, since I got 3.9k gold saved up. :D Never bought a skin in this game before. I expect to get the same skin in a loot box after purchasing a skin, so that seems like a waste of gold lol.

Lord help me this game can be so stressful sometimes...

Getting to the point where I want to autolock widow and then change when round starts so someone doesn't pick her. Blizzard, pls remove or fix her ffs

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I'll wait for awhile before decrying it as op though. I kind of think it makes sense considering what you have to forgo to run a sym. It's not about individual capabilities but more about how it synergises with the team.

xaosslug

much like Pharah on consoles teams just ignore and TRY to play around juiced-Symm until she's right there w/ a pocket Mercy melting everything in sight... holy crap. And if there's a tank on your team that's insta teleporter/shield generator in the first minute of the match. I keep running into this 'strat' in QP, and it seems to be working. smh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Guess what the attack Junkrat switched to when he discovered it wasnt working and his ult was fucking useless.

Go oh, guess what he switched to. I'll give you a hint, it's in the same category as other viable attack heroes. It's what 'attack Torb' always switches to.

Veelk

Banned
I feel like QP is getting worse by the day. First it was normal. Yesterday it was way worse than before. Now the last 5 games I had have been complete curb stomps. I keep entering games where one team is utterly helpless against the other for one reason or another. Jesus, whats going on?

Top Bottom