• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Blues1990

I dont mind, im not on now but you can shoot me an Inv if you do see me on. I play on EU
Newtype#21541

No mic btw :x

Edit:
Sorry if i ever decline.
Sometimes you just wanna go solo without pressure of groups.

I honestly don't mind. I'm completely fine with playing Quick Play and stuff, so it's all gravy for me.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I agree that D.Va has a bit too much health. Maybe keep the armor (it's a mech so it's supposed to be armored), but lower her health a bit.

Soldier is a little too strong and a little too good at everything. It's not that he's super broken on his own, but rather he's so good that he's discouraging usage of the other DPS jobs and that's not a good thing. Maybe a slight damage nerf would be enough for him? IIRC his buff gave him like an 18% boost, so maybe dial back his damage a little so that he did more than he did before, but less than he does now.

I think Ana's also too good at everything. Biotic Grenade is amazing both at burst healing and at ensuring people actually die in a fight, and having both effects in the same ability is crazy. Maybe dial back the anti-heal effect of the grenade, and lower her clip size so that she's not as good at sustained healing. I think it's okay to have her good at burst healing, but the problem is that she can keep it up for so long with no real drawbacks. More reloads would probably help curb that.

Shouta

Not to mention Blizzard put a character on live servers that can exploit the game by putting her generator in certain spawns, making it impossible to destroy. What have they actually been doing? That is not acceptable.

This is the real wtf part

I mean seriously, wtf

You cannot put them in a location where the enemy can't walk to anymore. However, you can put it in locations that make it hard to snipe or you have to run into turrets to get to though. It's no different than the Teleporter but obviously the shield generator's effect goes through walls so.

New cool Mei skin confirmed for early next year effectively confirms that they're doing something for Chinese New Year, which is late January. Since 2017 is the Year of the Rooster, Mei's new skin will probably be something heavily feathered and ridiculous, which is the dream.

Chicken Suit Mei incoming. It'll be like this but for Mei:
chicken_costume.jpg

Quote this post on January 28th to see how right I am.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't know, people get too up in arms for shit like this. Like if people don't like that it's legendary and cost a shit ton don't buy it and move on, no need to be annoyed. Someone else out there probably likes it, likes the change as is fine with paying the extra credits.
I take fault with their reasoning.

While it's great that they redid the effects for Cryo-Freeze, how would anyone considering purchasing the skin know that unless they see another player use her with that skin? Considering none of the other skins had custom effects for abilities* to that point how would anyone even piece together that's the reason it's a legendary? Skins are the costume you want that character to wear first and foremost and Blizzard knows that and acting like their reasons were justified when there's no way to even preview the changed cryo-freeze in game outside of seeing another player use it, makes their reasoning all the more ridiculous. The half-hearted apology just feels like sorry, but not sorry(and no we're not lowering the price, deal with it). Hell, only reason I knew that her Cryo-freeze was altered was because of the article.

Still this is just another part of games as a service, so whatever.

Barring Hanzo's Okami skin which is also not a recolor

New cool Mei skin confirmed for early next year effectively confirms that they're doing something for Chinese New Year, which is late January. Since 2017 is the Year of the Rooster, Mei's new skin will probably be something heavily feathered and ridiculous, which is the dream.

Or, more likely, she'll be wearing a red/gold Chinese dress like she does in her Ornament spray.

Considering none of the other skins had custom effects for abilities to that point

That's not true. Wolf Hanzo has a unique effect for his ultimate.

caesar

Banned
I dont mind, im not on now but you can shoot me an Inv if you do see me on. I play on EU
Newtype#21541

No mic btw :x

Edit:
Sorry if i ever decline.
Sometimes you just wanna go solo without pressure of groups.

I'll add you tomorrow.

I've just started to level a smurf so I can play with some gold friends, I'm that guy.

Nimby

Banned
You cannot put them in a location where the enemy can't walk to anymore..

You actually can. It's fixed in some spawns but not all. I think I put mine in the stairwell on last point Gibraltar defense. Not technically in the spawn, but where the enemy cannot access it.

DOWN

Banned
So far I have Lucio and Tor skins. Lucio and Zarya are the worst skins in this event so I'm not that happy yet

ohkay

Considering none of the other skins had custom effects for abilities to that point how would anyone even piece together that's the reason it's a legendary?
Hanzo's wolf skins change his ult into wolves, but that skin is very clearly a legendary just by looking

Edit: way too slow

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You cannot put them in a location where the enemy can't walk to anymore. However, you can put it in locations that make it hard to snipe or you have to run into turrets to get to though. It's no different than the Teleporter but obviously the shield generator's effect goes through walls so.

It also has a shit ton more HP than a teleporter and doesn't take charges like a teleporter dos before expiring. On point B it's basically a 'set it and forget it ult' which is ridiculous

Dreavus

I agree with them, the cryofreeze change makes it worthy of being gold based on what they've been doing with skin rarities so far.

Epics have typically been recolours or recolours with just a little bit extra, like Ana's full helmet skin or Reinhardt's helmet-less one. The halloween skins followed this, even pushing it a little further with stuff like Reinhardt's passive ghost effect.

When you get into entire theme changes, and/or changing the look of abilities (eg. Wolves instead of Dragons for Hanzo), then those have been typically Legendary.

If anything they're pushing what an epic can be with the Pharah and McCree skins, both could have easily been Legendary IMO. Just change her ult to an ice storm or something and there it is.

I don't know, people get too up in arms for shit like this. Like if people don't like that it's legendary and cost a shit ton don't buy it and move on, no need to be annoyed. Someone else out there probably likes it, likes the change as is fine with paying the extra credits.

Yeah there's no sense to it. For better or for worse Blizzard chooses the rarity/cost. I happen to agree it's pretty damn cool to be considered a Legendary. Of course I wouldn't say no to a price reduction, but I think people didn't take the snowman effect into account. No other epic does something like that IIRC.

After going 3-2 in my first 5 placement matches, I was finally able to continue today. Sadly I went 1-3 and bailed before I did my last one. The one win was excellent but the losses were some of the worst I've ever had. One game no one picked healer and complained when they weren't getting healed. Jeez, I wonder why.

I have a hard time keeping up with these threads unless I post and I don't keep up with it for some reason even though I'd love to be here more. So tell me, Overwatch (console) GAF, how have these placements treated you? How important have they been? Really hope I can at least go 5-5 and see what happens.

Effects change or not, I can understand why some people are disappointed Mei's skin is basically just a recolour + hat and considered a Legendary. Especially if you consider that Symmetra's Halloween skin is epic, and also changes effects - her turrets become eyeballs.
They could've changed a bit more about the model (e.g. make the cryo tank on her back have cocoa or tea in it or something).

It also has a shit ton more HP than a teleporter

It has the same amount of health as the teleporter does.

Shouta

You actually can. It's fixed in some spawns but not all. I think I put mine in the stairwell on last point Gibraltar defense. Not technically in the spawn, but where the enemy cannot access it.

Hmm, I'll have to try Gibraltar then. All of the ones I've tried were fixed for it. If they didn't they need to fix that, I even sent feedback about it.

It also has a shit ton more HP than a teleporter and doesn't take charges like a teleporter dos before expiring. On point B it's basically a 'set it and forget it ult' which is ridiculous

Teleporter has 400 (50 HP/350 Shields) now. I think it's the same as the Shield Generator but I don't know the exact numbers on it.

DOWN

Banned
Any Sombra tips?

Actually is there any cool website that has like a couple of strategy oaragraphs for each character?

No Lucio once and Pharah twice.
I also got Legendary but not Winter one. It was Lone Wolf for Hanzo.

Well, 3 Christmas skins and 1 regular skin still make 4 skins. :p
It took me a long while after getting the Mei skin in my... 8th or so box until I got another skin.

Actually I think I might've gotten a blue tier skin somewhere in between. I remember getting Banana Winston, but it's a bit of a blur.

DOWN

Banned
I hope Blizzard is well aware by now that the people who are pissed about the Mei skin are also not informed. People aware that they redid her ice block for that skin are far more understanding of why it is arguably legendary. Happened here on GAF too. Tons mad about the skin and then saying "oh" when others pointed out that Snowman aspect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They buffed it because Teleporters weren't lasting long at all and thus made it a super disappointing Ult

The majority of teleporters I've had gone down and seen gone down was due to its charges being used. Not due to flankers getting at it. As I said, now you literally just set a generator down right next to spawn and never worry about it again.

DOWN

Banned
The majority of teleporters I've had gone down and seen gone down was due to its charges being used. Not due to flankers getting at it. As I said, now you literally just set a generator down right next to spawn and never worry about it again.
Not gonna argue that it's perfect, but Sym is closer than ever to where she should be. I'd be in favor of the Shield generator having a 90 second timer or something so that you aren't just buffed for 3-4 whole minutes as you fend off the attackers until the clock ends.

cyborg009

Banned

I've wasted a D.va ultimate on them before lol. you can manage.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's crazy that this Sombra thing is still working and hasnt been hotfixed. Is her pickrate so bad that they didnt know she has a bug to control every single health apck on the map?

If the enemy team focus' on it, but generally speaking the rest of your team should be giving them hell when their busy trying to whittle away the shield. The point isn't that the shield lasts forever, but without ults coming up constantly, it can take a LOOOOOOOT of damage before the team wears it down enough to move forward for the team kill, all while the enemy team is shooting at them back through a save spot.

The problem I have with Reinhardt isn't that he's overpowered in the usual sense, but without ults, his shield has been made much more effective. It's to the point where if one team is running Reinhardt while the other one isn't, the game can basically be considered over. It's like the new Speedboost, it's become the most important ability to have.

As a result of that, Reaper just has a harder time getting through, since his job is to flank. As is, it's more useful to keep distance and just stare enemies to death with your super death machine assault rifle from a distance, especially since you can self heal.

Agreed. Reinhardt is almost a must pick at this point unless it's KOTH.(or the other team doesn't have one)

--

Just had a crazy 4 v 5 hold on Eichenwalde. They were running triple tank/Ana + Mei and we had Zarya D.Va Mei and Lucio and we stopped them just before the last checkpoint. Going up against Ana without your own sucks but we pulled it off.

Has anyone noticed a lot of disconnects today? It's been happening nearly every game on both sides. I have not disconnected myself though.

That feel when your team is so bad you literally don't do anything in the final round and still have golds in Eliminations, Objective Kills, and Objective time.

Had a Silver in healing all match too......we had a Zen+Mercy first round, and a Lucio the 2nd. I was Mei/Roadhog the whole game.

When you're only playing for the day at a friends house because you have no internet, that you end up getting skins for Sombra/Reaper/Winston. Lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Had a Genji and a Roadhog t ry to duel me on a hacked health pack on KOTH.

A) I dont know what the Genji was thinking
B) I dont know how I killed Roadhog

Top Bottom