• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

LiK

Did all 10 Placement matches in one go. Insta-Diamond. I'm done with Season 3. Gonna relax with Arcade and QP instead. Unless my buddies need me.

Czw1nD7VEAAkBGk.jpg

They have to bring back avoid this player, I don't care how many top 500 Widowmakers it upsets.

Yes, so much this.

Make it that you won't have that player again in your team. He/she can still be in your match though, people will only use this function to avoid being teamed up with trolls that throw games or really toxic people. This way no one is going to use it in players that are really good, because you actually want those guys in your team ("prefer this player").

There's probably something wrong with my logic, but I don't want to think too much about this :p

Did all 10 Placement matches in one go. Insta-Diamond. I'm done with Season 3. Gonna relax with Arcade and QP instead. Unless my buddies need me.

Congrats! :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's no way people will only use that feature for trolls or toxic players.

It's just going to be used for people to shift Blame in losses.

Veelk

Banned
That's it. Fuck it. No more QP for the rest of the season.

I make sure to set up my turrets as symmetra to make sure they can hang on to the first bridge on Eichenwalde for a while.

Then I move back and sneak up on them and manage to take out 2 of the enemy, which nets me 50% ult charge. On my way back, the turrets net me another 50% before their taken out, but the fact that their all gone means the enemy is moving in fast on the objective. So I quickly set up my teleport. More important that they show up than if they get there too slow, right?

So then my team, having used my teleport, sits on their ass. There is NO fucking reason for the enemy team to grab the checkpoint when got teleport up THIS fast. I don't know why. I think possibly maybe they wanted to group up. But I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who actually went and contested it for the nanosecond before their entire team captured it.

No. Just fuck no. It's one thing to not try as hard as in comp. It's another thing to practice your character. But people are just going to play so incompetently that it is identical to throwing the fucking game, I refuse to be part of it. Comp isn't perfect, but atleast people goddamn try.

Trey

Letting a Symmetra get gold elims breh. Then being scolded for not being a real support.

Symmetra getting gold elims is not unheard of at all. In fact, I would say if symm doesn't get gold or silver elims, something is wrong.

If you get gold damage *and* have a high tele uptime, that's much more impressive.

HiiiLife

Symmetra getting gold elims is not unheard of at all. In fact, I would say if symm doesn't get gold or silver elims, something is wrong.

If you get gold damage *and* have a high tele uptime, that's much more impressive.

What's the point in having a soldier or reaper on your team when Symmetra has been doing a better job DPSing?

What's the point in having a soldier or reaper on your team when Symmetra has been doing a better job DPSing?

To be fair, Symmetra can be really damn hard to deal with in small/tight spaces. Plus her hit boxes is tiny as hell. All it takes is a bunny hopping side stepping Symmetra to obliterate a team now

LiK

A good Symm is horrible to fight against. Now that she's buffed and reworked, those Symm mains are probably working it hard.

HiiiLife

To be fair, Symmetra can be really damn hard to deal with in small/tight spaces. Plus her hit boxes is tiny as hell. All it takes is a bunny hopping side stepping Symmetra to obliterate a team now

She's good on console and I've had luck with her even on attack. I'll give it a few more days till people really start to adjust and clamp down on her play style. But since May, I have never played with a Symmetra get gold anything on Xbox.

caesar

Banned
That's it. Fuck it. No more QP for the rest of the season.

I make sure to set up my turrets as symmetra to make sure they can hang on to the first bridge on Eichenwalde for a while.

Then I move back and sneak up on them and manage to take out 2 of the enemy, which nets me 50% ult charge. On my way back, the turrets net me another 50% before their taken out, but the fact that their all gone means the enemy is moving in fast on the objective. So I quickly set up my teleport. More important that they show up than if they get there too slow, right?

So then my team, having used my teleport, sits on their ass. There is NO fucking reason for the enemy team to grab the checkpoint when got teleport up THIS fast. I don't know why. I think possibly maybe they wanted to group up. But I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who actually went and contested it for the nanosecond before their entire team captured it.

No. Just fuck no. It's one thing to not try as hard as in comp. It's another thing to practice your character. But people are just going to play so incompetently that it is identical to throwing the fucking game, I refuse to be part of it. Comp isn't perfect, but atleast people goddamn try.

Do you even like anything about this game? lol

AbaFadi

Banned
The maps I've seen Symmetra destroy teams on are Eichenwalde and Hanamura. The teleporter is really good on the first points. I haven't played since the update on Tuesday due to finals but plan to tomorrow night. Wonder how many Symmetras I'll run into.

Apathy

Yeah, I now stand still as hoof and wait for the sym to Bunny hop back into my crosshairs to hook them instead of chasing

Get better DPS players. Both of those heroes, especially 76, easily out DPS symmetra.

Yup, specially 76

Wanderer5

First round of Mei's Snowball Offensive wasn't that bad. Think I could enjoy this more than Lucioball least. I got the Whap! achievement too, so I must have hit someone 25 meters away.XD

Wish I was recording, cause near the end, me and a enemy player shot each close range at the same time lol.

Anne

I think teleporter is still kinda ass. It works kinda okay just cause lol tank meta. Shield gen is fucking nutty though.

Yeah, it's funny when I see people complaining about Symmetra getting gold = DPS not doing anything. I play Symm the most and always get gold or silver. It's really not uncommon. People have to remember that Symm's turrets only have to connect with an enemy once during death and it counts as an elimination. If a Symm isn't sitting high they're doing something wrong.

A good Symm is horrible to fight against. Now that she's buffed and reworked, those Symm mains are probably working it hard.

I'm loving the new rework as a Symmetra main. Not a lot of people asking me to change anymore pre-game. Even on defense people used to flip their shit at me and I only play her in viable situations. I still don't use her on offense or KOTH in comp though, too risky in solo queue with little to no comms.

HiiiLife

The maps I've seen Symmetra destroy teams on are Eichenwalde and Hanamura. The teleporter is really good on the first points. I haven't played since the update on Tuesday due to finals but plan to tomorrow night. Wonder how many Symmetras I'll run into.

KOTH maps have been easy with Symmetra. Still haven't been using my projected barrier as much as I need to though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess she's 'already established' but I wish they did the same thing for the Symmetra rework that they did for Sombra's release and not let her into the season immediately.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The only reason to use tele is when you have to get back to point quickly or ya gonna lose the game.

Shield generator is better in almost every situation

But by the time that happens you probably should have the shield generator down in the first place.

Top Bottom