• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Probably the better event to use your luck honestly.

Not when I don't care at all about Junkrat and Roadhog. Even Mercy's costume has kinda lost its charm over time for me. I guess getting Rein's costume was cool though.

Honestly most of the Winter stuff seems way better than the Halloween stuff to me, although that's probably just because I consider it to be the superior season/holiday.

People were saying the same about Sombra, now it seems no one uses her lol

Everyone here made it clear long ago that they have no idea what they're talking about with regards to character balance.

I think between the 3 seasonal events I still like the flag-themed Summer skins the best. Both Halloween and Winter got some really cool shit, though, but Winter has by far the better selection, and several skins also are fitting to use out-of-season (which is one of the main reasons I liked the Summer skins so much, they're fairly neutral).

I've jumped back into Overwatch after an brief break and I see 9 weekly award boxes in the arcade UI. I've won a match in all of the modes listed and earned some loot boxes but I still see 5 more available in the weekly rewards list. Where do I earn those?

I've jumped back into Overwatch after an brief break and I see 9 weekly award boxes in the arcade UI. I've won a match in all of the modes listed and earned some loot boxes but I still see 5 more available in the weekly rewards list. Where do I earn those?

You can get three weekly boxes. One for every three wins you get in any mode in the Arcade.

If there are five dots left, then that means you need 5 more wins to get the last two boxes.

It's 3 weekly award boxes.
You get 1 free box for each first time you win one of the Arcade modes, and you get 3 boxes every week for winning 9 matches in any of the arcade modes (1 box per 3 wins).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ran into the same sniper.

Except this time he's on my team.

We fucking stomped the other team.

Should I be feeling bad?

You can get three weekly boxes. One for every three wins you get in any mode in the Arcade.

If there are five dots left, then that means you need 5 more wins to get the last two boxes.

Got it. Thank you.

EDIT: Someone told me you can't earn the loot boxes if you enter with a party. Is that true?

I've been pretty lucky with the event so far. I've only opened around 5 or 6 loot boxes and have the Mei, Pharah, and Reaper skins already. I also have several voice lines, player icons, and sprays. I have around 6.5K coins saved up too. It might be hard to get everything with the holidays coming up though so I might spring for a few boxes.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I could try him again, sure.
Your best bet is Lucio. You have more control over what's happening with amp it up and your ult. But I do believe Ana is the best for carrying if you can get good with her. You just need to get proficient with her sleep dart to protect yourself and you should be able to pump out more healing than the other healers during a team fight. The longer you keep your Rein alive, the higher the chance you have of winning the team fight imo.
I'll try Lucio, but I don't think I'm good enough with Ana to carry with her. We rarely have a Rein. :(

Last night I was playing Mercy with a Pharah who didn't fly + a junkrat who didn't seem to kill anything + somewhat decent dva/roadhog + Mei who doesn't seem to do anything + bastion who was getting the odd kill but couldn't get much going due to lack of team support.

That's the kind of team I keep getting into.

Xater

k6iGa6f.jpg

Doomfist incoming.

Terry Crews just seems to be the best, so I am a-ok with whatever. I just love him in Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Cappa

Banned
I could try him again, sure.

I'll try Lucio, but I don't think I'm good enough with Ana to carry with her. We rarely have a Rein. :(

Last night I was playing Mercy with a Pharah who didn't fly + a junkrat who didn't seem to kill anything + somewhat decent dva/roadhog + Mei who doesn't seem to do anything + bastion who was getting the odd kill but couldn't get much going due to lack of team support.

That's the kind of team I keep getting into.

Yeah, unfortunately thats just the luck of the draw sometimes with solo Q. My advice? Just play whomever youre best and feel most comfortable with, if you need a healer and no one wants to be a healer you take initiative and switch, preferably yeah someone like Lucio who can heal more than one player at once and his ever so important speed boost.

The most important thing is dont get frustrated, thats when you start losing and on a downward spiral. Sometimes just take a break and go play a different mode. Overwatch alot of times is about streaks, sometimes youre winning non stop and others your losing, you just gotta know when to stop. :)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No, they're recording for their April Fool's day event, in which Terry Crews will voice the entire cast of the game.

I am now imagining Terry Crews yelling out Zenyatta voice lines, and I have never wanted anything more in my life.

The most important thing is dont get frustrated, thats when you start losing and on a downward spiral. Sometimes just take a break and go play a different mode. Overwatch alot of times is about streaks, sometimes youre winning non stop and others your losing, you just gotta know when to stop. :)

Even better, just take a break and play a different game.

Akuun

Yeah, unfortunately thats just the luck of the draw sometimes with solo Q. My advice? Just play whomever youre best and feel most comfortable with, if you need a healer and no one wants to be a healer you take initiative and switch, preferably yeah someone like Lucio who can heal more than one player at once and his ever so important speed boost.

Thanks. It really is frustrating stepping into a game to try to relax, and then walking away wondering if you just wasted your time.

NeoRaider

Soldier 76 is really a beast now.
I know that because i wasn't using him for some time but started again few days ago and i am getting career best eliminations and DMG like all the time. He is just too good, and some heroes can't do a lot against him.

I still need to get the Oni skin too but I played 3 games of hots already and it almost put me to sleep. What are the chances they just make it available like a normal legendary after January 4th?

Why am I in some kind of hell where every single quick play game I play is a loss but I'm getting 3-4 golds no matter if I'm attack, defense, tank, or support...

I still need to get the Oni skin too but I played 3 games of hots already and it almost put me to sleep. What are the chances they just make it available like a normal legendary after January 4th?

I believe they likely will bring it back for other promotional events, but I don't think they'll just put it on sale, like, ever.

Crzy1

Starting to lose my interest in Overwatch, I think. Seems that I'm nothing but frustrated 90% of the time. I don't like the current meta, so I've quit comp, but I haven't been enjoying QP, either. I think a lot of my frustration is coming from Soldier 76 alone. He's just too much of a murder machine now, hard to counter given how much damage he does coupled with his insane mobility. It wouldn't be so bad, but he's in every match now. Starting to remind me of the monster that was McCree near launch, but not quite as bad. I had a good match with Hanzo last night, seemed to be a decent counter to Soldier, but hardly a hard counter. Feels like DVA is the only thing keeping him at bay in most matches.

I'll say that he's a blast to play, because I can shit all over people with him, but that really makes me feel more like he's overpowered.

I'd say not that likely, but the event will probably be back.

Anne

Teleporter is still useful as long as the other team doesn't also have Symmetra.

Ish. The original problem TP had wasn't solved by her rework. It was only partially solved by tanks + Ana making fights last forever. Dunno entirely how that will shake out.

I think shield gen is universally better with TP being a niche solution.

Antiwhippy

Met some weird ass bros on solo q so we grouped up with the group up feature and had some pretty fun, intense games.

The group up feature ain't too bad.

Antiwhippy

Also man, sometimes it feels so nice to just take matters into your own hands as ana.

Pharah giving your team hell even though there's a soldier on your team? Taken care off. Bastion? No problem. Roadhog? Slept and grenaded so finish that pig off.

Anne

Also, on the subject of Sombra there is stuff to the character but she released at a point in time where the game is overwhelmingly dominated by a single type of strat that leaves little room for her to work.

You know who else released into that state? Ana. She had a couple of small buffs, but she'd still be as insane as she is without them.

It's why I'm on the side of waiting to mess with Sombra until other changes happen. I remember going from "Ana's kind of underwhelming" to "I think she might end up kinda wild" when I saw the NiP strat. At that same point in time people were still making jokes about how useless having an Ana was in some places. I'd rather not see another Ana, especially considering LoL has had this happen champ after champ. We had lessons that were learned.

Symm is a tiny bit different in we have a pretty good basis for how she should work, but we definitely don't know all about it. The fact her potential impact is already so high is kind of scary considerign the current state though, so I can't blame anybody who is worried.

Akuun

Also man, sometimes it feels so nice to just take matters into your own hands as ana.

Pharah giving your team hell even though there's a soldier on your team? Taken care off. Bastion? No problem. Roadhog? Slept and grenaded so finish that pig off.
Does grenade break sleep?

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I feel like you can't really carry a team on your own in this game by design, but what are some good heroes to try your best to do so? I'm low level so I keep getting grouped in with people who generally aren't so hot in terms of aim/positioning/composition knowlege.

I've been trying to play a healer since I don't trust anyone else to heal (and everyone seems to assume 1 healer is enough), but I don't think I can really carry them that way. Ana is kind of poor as a solo healer in groups like these because no one defends her, people are often scattered, and she often ends up being forced to use her grenade on herself, which I think is a huge waste.

With Mercy, I can keep people alive for a long time but if people aren't getting kills, then we just slowly lose.

With Zen, I can get some kills myself but Zen can't solo heal a group that often has no tank and takes tons of damage to boot.

I'm always trying to find that character that can provide the most value to the team no matter what people pick. Last season I think Lucio and Ana were definitely that and then some. This season, Lucio and Ana are more or less still a solid, high value pick (Ana requires more skill to be valuable now though) but DVA is on a whole nother level right now. There are a lot of things you should do with her to increase your value, but I think the most significant basic concepts for me are staying alive and confirming high value kills/defending high value targets

BeesEight

Everyone here made it clear long ago that they have no idea what they're talking about with regards to character balance.

I said Sombra looked underpowered. *shrug*

But yeah, I think Symmetra's power is overblown. People just aren't used to playing against her (wasn't her pick rate like 5%?). They're also not used to seeing her as a threat. She still dies to just about all the usual suspects.

Shield generator is great though. I think part of its power is the lack of voice calls for when it goes down. Playing Sym is pretty straightforward but playing against her was equally braindead. Now teams need to be a little more aware.

That said, I fully expect Blizzard to nerf her.

Top Bottom