• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
everyones complaining about mei legendaries

and im just wondering when they turn Winston's peanut butter emote into his sitting emote. I'd pay 3000 credits for that easy

ISOM

I felt it was that because people have commented the exact same way as whippy when I play Tracer because I play on high sensitivity and am kind of jittery when tracking. One person even said that it looked like I had Parkinson's or something lol. :(

It gets the job done though.

xviper

the winter update made the game frustrating as hell, every game i play now is against a group of 3 at least even if i'm playing solo, every mode feels like competitive now

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I said I was done weabing but I started playing Genji and Hanzo again tonight and oh god I forgot how much I enjoy the weabing.

I picked Hanzo not even noticing it was bad for the comp(QP) so I was like 'i'll switch when I die' go up to the point and murder 4 people in the first 5 or so seconds. It felt so right.

Kiro

Will be playing from 830PM EST til about 1AM EST (PS4)

If you want to join up add me! PSN: Kiro21-

I play Zenyatta mainly, but am known to fill any role quite well. Will play any game mode too!

Drek

For some reason, environmental kills are instant POTG. Sometimes theyre worth it or sometimes in cases like yours, nope. lol

I was playing with a Lucio this morning who force waved three people off on King's Row just before we pushed the sled in and he got PotG, so yeah, I think you're right that any kind of environmental kill is bonus, a multi-environmental kill is basically a lock.

Cappa

Banned
I don't think it's a troll, it's just that they don't seem to know that the shield generator is really dang powerful.

How does the shield generator work exactly? I havent followed or played much of Symm since the rework. Does the shield generator just give everyone who passes it shields as if it were Symm handing them pre-rework?

How does the shield generator work exactly? I havent followed or played much of Symm since the rework. Does the shield generator just give everyone who passes it shields as if it were Symm handing them pre-rework?
No, everyone in its range (which is fucking huge and goes through walls) gets 75 shields.

Cappa

Banned
No, everyone in its range (which is fucking huge and goes through walls) gets 75 shields.

oh wow? So it doesnt need line of sight? That does sound really tough to deal with especially in maps with tight rooms that can easily be defended like Numbani.... I used to love playing Symm in the past.... I am definitely more intrigued now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Something wonderful when a Mei tries to ice wall an enemy from their team and misses and then gets hooked and killed by the enemy team immediately after

NeoRaider

Already sick of Symmetra on Attack now.

BTW. My Winter skins: Lucio x2, Pharah x2. I am sure that i will have some... 15-20 more duplicates till January 2.
Blizzard really wants my money but... no.

I-hate-u

k6iGa6f.jpg

Doomfist incoming.

Syms.

PSA.

Stop fucking putting down teleporter.

Cheers.

I've been accidentally guilty of this twice over this week. What happened was I selected the shield generator, someone started shooting at me, I hit L2 to cancel it, killed them, pressed triangle to bring it up again, pressed R2, and realised it swaps back to teleporter if you cancel placing the shield generator.

Luckily it was on point A defence on Eichenwalde, so my team got to benefit from it at least.

Blues1990

I said I was done weabing but I started playing Genji and Hanzo again tonight and oh god I forgot how much I enjoy the weabing.

I picked Hanzo not even noticing it was bad for the comp(QP) so I was like 'i'll switch when I die' go up to the point and murder 4 people in the first 5 or so seconds. It felt so right.

Never understood the whole "weeaboo" thing for Hanzo & Genji. It's similar to a friend of mine who refuses to play D.Va or Mei (both are too cute). If a character is fun to play as, then that's all that matters.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I feel like you can't really carry a team on your own in this game by design, but what are some good heroes to try your best to do so? I'm low level so I keep getting grouped in with people who generally aren't so hot in terms of aim/positioning/composition knowlege.

I've been trying to play a healer since I don't trust anyone else to heal (and everyone seems to assume 1 healer is enough), but I don't think I can really carry them that way. Ana is kind of poor as a solo healer in groups like these because no one defends her, people are often scattered, and she often ends up being forced to use her grenade on herself, which I think is a huge waste.

With Mercy, I can keep people alive for a long time but if people aren't getting kills, then we just slowly lose.

With Zen, I can get some kills myself but Zen can't solo heal a group that often has no tank and takes tons of damage to boot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like you can't really carry a team on your own in this game by design, but what are some good heroes to try your best to do so? I'm low level so I keep getting grouped in with people who generally aren't so hot in terms of aim/positioning/composition knowlege.

I've been trying to play a healer since I don't trust anyone else to heal (and everyone seems to assume 1 healer is enough), but I don't think I can really carry them that way. Ana is kind of poor as a solo healer in groups like these because no one defends her, people are often scattered, and she often ends up being forced to use her grenade on herself, which I think is a huge waste.

With Mercy, I can keep people alive for a long time but if people aren't getting kills, then we just slowly lose.

With Zen, I can get some kills myself but Zen can't solo heal a group that often has no tank and takes tons of damage to boot.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm fucking sick of running into these silver level widows who for some reason can hit pro level headshots.

Some reason.

I didn't play much Symmetra in PTR but did they adjust the range on the shield generator at all? I've only used her on Numbani and Hanamura so far, but the range seems fine and does not extend across the entire map as some exaggerations are implying. I need to setup some custom games and do some testing.

I had a really good game with Symmetra last night on Hanamura. We had a Torb for defense and while the other team still managed to capture the first point, we dominated on point B. I used her on offense for the first push with the intention of switching but everything went peachy. She was super effective on point B. I setup the generator in the courtyard and we just went to town. Once we were all on the point, I was just melting people left and right with her fully charged beam.

Symmetra is really strong now but still feels situational and you have to build your team around her to some degree. There are definitely some trade offs so I wouldn't call her OP just yet.

Skii

Your best bet is Lucio. You have more control over what's happening with amp it up and your ult. But I do believe Ana is the best for carrying if you can get good with her. You just need to get proficient with her sleep dart to protect yourself and you should be able to pump out more healing than the other healers during a team fight. The longer you keep your Rein alive, the higher the chance you have of winning the team fight imo.

Rizzi

Symmetra is way too strong now. Not like I expected much from the masters of balance that work at Blizzard, but fuck man.

Cappa

Banned
Symmetra is way too strong now. Not like I expected much from the masters of balance that work at Blizzard, but fuck man.

People were saying the same about Sombra, now it seems no one uses her lol

There was never a rumor. Some people were campaigning for him. For all we know, Doomfist is a woman.

Hmmm so just a wild coincidence he ends up going for a visit? :) I dont think Doomfist will be a woman but I would be very surprised if it is really Terry who voices him but ya never know!

Top Bottom