• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Anne

Misfits is running the Korean tank comp on defense and quad tank on offense.

LH is runnign trip tank with Zarya + Reaper as well as other trip tanks with Mei. They did attempt 2/2/2 dive with Lucio/Zen/Tracer/Genji/Winston but it got blown up pretty hard.

Cappa

Banned
They need to really fix their potg algorithm. I noticed back on PTR that Symmetra would constantly win it.

At Blizzcon they touched on it that they wanted to rework it and add things like Assist of the Game or whatever. I hope they eventually rework it and get it right.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
At Blizzcon they touched on it that they wanted to rework it and add things like Assist of the Game or whatever. I hope they eventually rework it and get it right.
I don't really care about potg but as someone who mostly plays support it wouldn't hurt to get some recognition for my suffering vs showing another D.va nuke or rip-tire that no one cares about.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got a POTG where I jumped into a graviton surge for my team to Sound Barrier then caught up with the Zarya and booped her off the ledge.

I like to think I got POTG for the combination of my ult to save my team and the boop. But it was probably just the boop.

Anne

Tviq replaced Soon?

There was a 3 way trade. Rogue trade Tviq/Reinforce to Misfits for Soon/Skipjack, and they traded Kryw/Hidan to LG for Manneten and Zave.

Rogue is now all French + Skipjack(UK) and there's some past synergy in there from other games. Rogue is entirely Swedish now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I got a POTG where I jumped into a graviton surge for my team to Sound Barrier then caught up with the Zarya and booped her off the ledge.

I like to think I got POTG for the combination of my ult to save my team and the boop. But it was probably just the boop.
I got potg for booping a single Mercy off a cliff once. I think there are pity potg's buried somewhere in the algorithm.

Cappa

Banned
I don't really care about potg but as someone who mostly plays support it wouldn't hurt to get some recognition for my suffering vs showing another D.va nuke or rip-tire that no one cares about.

Yeah I dont either but there are plenty of times someone gets POTG for exactly what you say but thanks in part to a Rein/Zarya/Mei etc Ult.

POTG sends a "wrong message" sometimes like just kill a bunch of people in a row and youll get POTG. I wish it was "smarter" and rewarded POTG to more situational things like last minute objective/capture saves and things of the like.

I got potg for booping a single Mercy off a cliff once. I think there are pity potg's buried somewhere in the algorithm.

For some reason, environmental kills are instant POTG. Sometimes theyre worth it or sometimes in cases like yours, nope. lol

Anne

Wow, I guess it is a sport just like the NBA or NFL but the thought of trading guys like that had never really occurred to me.

Yup yup! The contracts usually have some type of clause where they can't be straight up released, but they usually allow the contracts to be traded or bought out. It seems like all 3 orgs were really optimistic about the trades, and they all make sense to some degree.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't play Junk or D.Va but I can't imagine pushing a button to make explosions happen at the right time comparing to solely holding the point as a speed boosted, wall running Lucio but that's just me.

Anne

Can't wait to go back to watch the vods.

Tell me how much mei featured.

Esca ran Mei on a couple maps and it was pretty effective. Their strat with Mei seemed to be use her for the first couple of fights and if they fell behind to switch out. Mei/Reaper lives on
in koth

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Fair enough to not want to get oneshotted by some bullshit, but I might go crazy if tracer got an hp buff
I guess it's just the trend of the character tweaks/meta as of late, but it feels like I'm getting attacked from every angle lately. The wiley characters are getting slapped and it is quick play so I shouldn't expect the world of my team, but some effort would be nice.

komaruR

So sad. Mccree use to be my goto dps for gettings things done pre soldier and pharah buff on ps4. Now soldier becomes my goto dps. Hate the generic'ish cod style play.
The pharah flight boost and inc minimum splash dmg really hamper mccree on console. You can get easily 2 shoted by pharah while u take 3 to 4 shot to kill pharah since if she near you its usually right above your head that makes it awkward to aim or if its in front then shes so high up that youre not in optimum dmg range.
Soldier now is easier + heal for survivable.
I complain because mccree felt he req better aim skillwise to get good but now soldier just do it with easier effort on tracking.

Wish mccree gets his longer dmg falloff back :(
I know on pc he's still good but console I dont have pinpoint accuracy for hs 100% :(

Anne

McCree is still really good though. Misfits ran him in the exact situation he should be used in, and there are some interesting plays to make even in less than ideal comps.

Edit: Idk about on console, yeah :T

caesar

Banned
I'd give my left nut for Tracer to have 175 HP so she could survive against the projectile vomit of Hanzo and bullshit Widow shots. It's not enough that I can dive in and distract three players while my team is busy lobbing farts off at the enemy Rein's shield while he rubs one out, I gotta eat lead from a mile away too and the concept of grouping up or getting a pick is foreign to my entire team. As I marvel at my single digit gold medal for eliminations.

Hell no, flashbang headshot works for a reason. 175hp is straight overpowered.

komaruR

McCree is still really good though. Misfits ran him in the exact situation he should be used in, and there are some interesting plays to make even in less than ideal comps.
I know on pc he's good if you got good aim but console is another thing. Aim assist on console sometime help and but the magnetic attraction dont always track to players head

caesar

Banned
There was a 3 way trade. Rogue trade Tviq/Reinforce to Misfits for Soon/Skipjack, and they traded Kryw/Hidan to LG for Manneten and Zave.

Rogue is now all French + Skipjack(UK) and there's some past synergy in there from other games. Rogue is entirely Swedish now.

Misfits looked pretty good, close 3-0.

Skipjack is German btw.

Top Bottom