• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If you ask me, Symmetra shield generator is probably the best *theoretical* counter to triple tank. I think Harbleu is right on that. Hook combo only works on 250 and lower HP heroes (?) so unless you're Tracer, Hog will have a much harder time securing kills.

The nature of the generator will also benefit non-tanks more. Honestly think it might push Reaper back a bit, there was an increase in Reaper play at IEM at least, which goes to show you he just might be getting underplayed a little.

I think new Sym fucks Hog over without just her ult. The projected shield is a pain since it can block the hook or get in the way after the hook to block a shot.

Though I feel it could also just enable the strategy more as now it makes the supports and DPS minitanks, so they could just go to Zarya instead of Hog. Or Hog's displacement with the hook will still be strong enough without one shotting. Like 3 tanks, torb, sym, ana? I could see that still being dumb as hell.

Hard call though.

Swear Symmetra is the new hotness in Master ranked games. Its a rarity to see a match without her.

Just damn tired of having to hunt down Teleporters or Shield generators every game because no one rarely does....

Ah cool, we have a mccree and soldier on our team for R66, guess I'll go Reinhardt. *Everyone proceeds to run in all different directions other than me, and I get melted by a hog/McCree without making it to first checkpoint*

Nimby

Banned
I think new Sym fucks Hog over without just her ult. The projected shield is a pain since it can block the hook or get in the way after the hook to block a shot.

Though I feel it could also just enable the strategy more as now it makes the supports and DPS minitanks, so they could just go to Zarya instead of Hog. Or Hog's displacement with the hook will still be strong enough without one shotting. Like 3 tanks, torb, sym, ana? I could see that still being dumb as hell.

Hard call though.

Problem with 3 tanks, torb, sym, and ana is that you're lacking viable long range damage. 2 tanks + Soldier and those 3 would work though lol. This comp insanely favors defense, how is the attack team supposed to stop this shit? Mirror would be hard because you'd be running attack Torb right? Attack Sym is much more viable than him right now.

Maybe Sym + Zen + Lucio + Tracer + Reaper + D.Va? Pretty non-traditional. Symmetra was tired of being useless, so she decided to make her own game.

Envy vs. coL tonight will probs be a Sym mirror? Maybe? Hulk liked running Sym even before she was buffed.

Quad tanks :D
Exact mirrors :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
oh my fucking god symmetra has destroyed quickplay. Hanamura attack is like torturing yourself, basically have to try and suicide to take out the shield gen which is way behind the entire entrenched defense.

Sullichin

Swear Symmetra is the new hotness in Master ranked games. Its a rarity to see a match without her.

Just damn tired of having to hunt down Teleporters or Shield generators every game because no one rarely does....

Random teams will let a pharah go unchecked for an entire game, so no surprise they won't seek these out!

antitrop

oh my fucking god symmetra has destroyed quickplay. Hanamura attack is like torturing yourself, basically have to try and suicide to take out the shield gen which is way behind the entire entrenched defense.
The funniest part is the people who aren't in a position to be able to take it out complaining that no one can.

Like, bitch, you don't even know right now. That shit has infinite HP, surrounded by 6 turrets, and like two inches away from the enemy spawn. I watched a nano-boosted Rein try to take out the Shield Generator nest and fail completely. It's no joke.

AngryMoth

My pulse bomb is saved exclusively for shield generators now in assault, it's a nightmare

And yeah, please god don't tell me every team is gonna run quad tank

Random teams will let a pharah go unchecked for an entire game, so no surprise they won't seek these out!

Yeah, Pharah's used to be my number 1 rage in competitive, especially since I suck as McCree and Soldier is usually taken. Now its these damn Symmetra's microwaving people with unchecked teleporters and generators.

Really hope Blizzard fixes Shield Generator somehow....the thing should decay over time, or as people regenerate their shields it should deplete from the generator. I can't believe they somehow turned Symmetra from one of the most useless characters into the most broken ones.

Rise Nation: "We feel like this is where our DPS can make individual plays"

This reads as so fucking NA lol. Good luck making individual plays against all these tanks.

That buds hook on the tracer while stuck in the graviton was godlike. Just goes to assert dominance. Rise has to be tilting pretty hard right now.

AngryMoth

Yeah, I guess Ana really needs a nerf :'(

Deleting the biotic grenade healing buff might be a good one, that ability already has enough going for it and that would be a big indirect nerf to all the tanks

Pooya

Today I found out most people can't really hear the sound cues for teleporter and shield generator. I guess if you're not playing with headphones it's hard to tell where they are. It's a big deal.

If D.va wasn't as good as she is now, there would be no good way to hunt down symmetra's shit.

This is the least fun thing to watch, jesus.

4 tanks and Fnatic is just dominating. Yaaaaaaaaaawn

This is ridiculous. There definitely needs to be some sort of change to get rid of the tank meta.

I think the biggest problem is there aren't any middle ground heroes - you have Reaper, Mei, and Bastion as 250-300 health, but everyone else is either tank or squishy. And in the current meta having more HP is just better than all the squishy abilities, especially because that HP comes with shields and damage barriers and not that much difference in DPS.

Unfortunately the way the game is designed right now there would have to be a ground-up restoration to equal out the meta.

Yeah, I guess Ana really needs a nerf :'(

Deleting the biotic grenade healing buff might be a good one, that ability already has enough going for it and that would be a big indirect nerf to all the tanks

You mean getting rid of the buff but keep the static heal and debuff? That sounds reasonable. I'd say either do that, or get rid of the static heal and keep the buff and debuff. That actually makes Ana more vulnerable too because she can't heal herself.

Pooya

Reaper needs a buff, for the game's only supposed tank buster he's so weak. He never countered roadhog either. The only thing he counters is winston. He does nothing to D.va lol.

They could change him to deal more damage to tank class but same to remains same to everything else, I don't know, like increase the splash damage if center hits. Also roadhog has no business killing reapers as easy as he can.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Reaper needs a buff, for the game's only supposed tank buster he's so weak. He never countered roadhog ever either. The only thing he counters is winston. He does nothing to D.va lol.

They could change him to deal more damage to tank class but nothing else. Also roadhog has no business killing reapers as easy as he can.

A buff to Reaper would also mean theyd need to buff Winston then because Winston's in an even worse place than Reaper. And he's already the tank that has the worst time with Reaper.

Power creep. Fix DVa, 76 and Roadhog and you wouldnt need to buff Reaper.

Today I found out most people can't really hear the sound cues for teleporter and shield generator. I guess if you're not playing with headphones it's hard to tell where they are. It's a big deal.

If D.va wasn't as good as she is now, there would be no good way to hunt down symmetra's shit.

I have always been one to listen for sound queues, so I can hear them through my T.V quite easily. Especially character footsteps, how else are you gonna get the drop on that Tracer who has been stalking you as Zen.

Paltheos

You mean getting rid of the buff but keep the static heal and debuff? That sounds reasonable. I'd say either do that, or get rid of the static heal and keep the buff and debuff. That actually makes Ana more vulnerable too because she can't heal herself.

Too extreme imo. Ana's a high skill ceiling character that should reward strong players, just not this much. I thought the Dragonblade nerf from 8 to 6 seconds didn't go far enough, but I was wrong. A light touch is all that was necessary. Start with a light touch - Just decrease the boost% and then go further if necessary.

rulerk1

Pharah does not fucking counter Pharah
Stop using Pharah if their is Soldier and MCree constantly shooting you down
Take out Pharah holy shit, she is fuckin discorded and weak!
A bad Widow/Hanzo does not counter a good Widow/Hanzo
Defense Matrix does not work with Symmettra, Zarya, Mei's main fire
Take out the shield generator
Stop picking Sombra when you have 0 minutes as her!

Comp is going to send me to the hospital one of these days

also wtf leave Ana alone!

Redmoon

MLG better have gotten a huge cheque from youtube cause it doesn't seem worth it to get off twitch with this few viewers.

Whats worse is that the quality is worse than it would be on Twitch, even though they can push the quality(bitrate) more on YT than Twitch. LUL

Pharah does not fucking counter Pharah
Stop using Pharah if their is Soldier and MCree constantly shooting you down
Take out Pharah holy shit, she is fuckin discorded and weak!
A bad Widow/Hanzo does not counter a good Widow/Hanzo
Defense Matrix does not work with Symmettra, Zarya, Mei's main fire
Take out the shield generator
Stop picking Sombra when you have 0 minutes as her!

Comp is going to send me to the hospital one of these days

also wtf leave Ana alone!

Lol I love how Pharah air battles usually just end up with both Pharahs getting annoyed and raining rockets on the others team until they can catch the other Pharah on the ground

Also please don't tell the D.Vas to stop. I build so much meter countering them as Zarya and Mei, they literally never learn and its so easy to turn a 6v6 into a 6v5 by de-meching them

Nimby

Banned
Too extreme imo. Ana's a high skill ceiling character that should reward strong players, just not this much. I thought the Dragonblade nerf from 8 to 6 seconds didn't go far enough, but I was wrong. A light touch is all that was necessary. Start with a light touch - Just decrease the boost% and then go further if necessary.

Problem is, they've given her two slaps on the wrist so far. Ana has been broken for months now, if they just give her one nerf at a time, how long is going to take until she feels like a fair character?

rulerk1

Lol I love how Pharah air battles usually just end up with both Pharahs getting annoyed and raining rockets on the others team until they can catch the other Pharah on the ground

Also please don't tell the D.Vas to stop. I build so much meter countering them as Zarya and Mei, they literally never learn and its so easy to turn a 6v6 into a 6v5 by de-meching them
Pharah is the bane of my existance. I saw one try to DM my hammer swings as Rein. It's sad but I'll take it!

Top Bottom