• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Braag

lol at symmetra and torb team defending in hanamura. The attacking team just gave up and decided to wait it out at the spawn point.

Alucrid

Banned
for a second i was wondering why overwatch was at mlg vegas then i remembered activision-blizzard and that mlg is owned by acti and then overwatch league made sense

Doorman

For the folks who would like some kind of nerf to Sym's shield generator, particularly to its potential duration, how about this as a possible adjustment?

The teleporter has a limit on uses already, so what if the strength of the shield given out decays with every new application? So say the first person to receive a shield gets 75, the next person gets 70, next gets 65, etc. Any time someone dies or wanders out of range and loses the shield, the next application is weaker. This way even if the shields help a team survive one big encounter, it means the other team gains a better chance to break through the next time around. There's really no other ult that I can think of that's built to serve through more than one team-fight.

Alternatively, keep the shield values as-is and have the generator's effective range shrink by 5m every time it applies a new shield. That way if a team wants to retain the benefit longer, they have to place the generator in a closer, and thus riskier location. As it is, letting it remain at full strength forever really doesn't make sense compared to how other ults work.

I think I'm going to become a Mei-Only player.

I love seeing the look of despair that enemies have when I start freezing their asses.

They know the end is nigh.

I feel like an Anaconda.

Feels good.

Blues1990

Here's my Genji POTG from last night with Jellie. Glad I finally got the achievement and we got team kill with it.

Oni Genji skin is best skin

Genji stays winning with his epic and legendary skins, unlike his older bro.

As much as I love the Okami/Lone Wolf skins for Hanzo, I would love a "What If?" skin that has Hanzo being the cyborg samurai/archer. (Something similar to the initial concept art of Hanzo, that's shown on the left. Just redesign the helmet to resemble a wolf, what with Genji's helmet resembles his namesake, sparrow.)

800px-HanzoGenji.png

Also, on the subject of Sombra there is stuff to the character but she released at a point in time where the game is overwhelmingly dominated by a single type of strat that leaves little room for her to work.

You know who else released into that state? Ana. She had a couple of small buffs, but she'd still be as insane as she is without them.

It's why I'm on the side of waiting to mess with Sombra until other changes happen.
Shhh, no.

Buff Sombra. >:D

Veelk

Banned
Here's my Genji POTG from last night with Jellie. Glad I finally got the achievement and we got team kill with it.

Oni Genji skin is best skin

I'm never going to stop being bothered by how the shuriken and sword leave a green streak even though they changed his color scheme to red. It's unnatural.

Veelk

Banned
If they changed it to red, your teammates would subconsciously register you as an enemy.

Have it appear red to you, red to the enemies, but green to teammates.

Atleast fix it in the highlights. Or, if nothing else, give me good Genji Legendaries with green weapons so there isn't this inconsistency.

It bothers me.

Oh nice you got the achievement.
You can see my sleeping nanoboosted ass in your PotG :(
Here's my perspective of it btw. Was wondering why everyone was dying so quickly at first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsfaA2gE_io

That poor mercy :(

Jellie

Lol you got nanoboosted during your ult. Yeah apparently the achievement on PC doesn't care about killing blows but it did on PS4. Weird.

Yeah I ulted cos they nanoboosted the Rein so I was just pushing him away from everyone and then they slept me as I got nanoboosted. Not sure why they nanoboosted me in the first place.
Maybe they fixed it since then. They fixed Zens I think too.

Shredderi

Wow the new symmetra fucks the game up on attack. Now squishies are mini tanks. Can't one shot even widowmakers with hook-shotgun combo anymore because of that.

NeoRaider

Symmetra cleaning teams just like that... O.O

Wtf is happening? Ok they added her new abilities but did they do something to her gun? Increased her range? Her dmg? She looks so powerful now.

antitrop

I haven't been able to touch Overwatch for weeks.

Is Symeta the new meta?

As if capping B on Temple of Anubis wasn't already hard enough, now imagine it with a Shield Generator surrounded by 6 turrets behind the point giving the entire team +75 Shields.

Symmetra cleaning teams just like that... O.O

Wtf is happening? Ok they added her new abilities but did they do something to her gun? Increased her range? Her dmg? She looks so powerful now.
Primary fire range went from 5 to 7 meters. Pretty big buff.

cyborg009

Banned
Ran symmetra on attack on Temple of Anubis and absolutely destroyed a team. Reinhart doesn't even notice me doing damage on him was hilarious. But on point B where I was able to setup 6 sentries behind the wall was great. They tried to do the same thing to us and failed.

also people need to make finding the shield generator a top priority with a tracer or a genji.

NeoRaider

It's not like she wasn't powerful hero (imo.) before the buff...

I feel like Blizzard wasn't even sure what to do with her exactly and to make ppl pick her again they kinda made a killing machine of her. She is very powerful now. It's hard to escape from her gun and combined with 2 or 3 turrets = almost instant dead.

I honestly can't believe what Blizzard is doing more than half year after the release of the game. First Soldier 76 now Symmetra, really??

Fancolors

As if capping B on Temple of Anubis wasn't already hard enough, now imagine it with a Shield Generator surrounded by 6 turrets behind the point giving the entire team +75 Shields.

That sounds frustrating and really boring

btw does anyone want to form a party for the genji skin? I already got it, but I might as well play a few more matches so I can get the other freebies from the hots event. Add Fancolors#1108, I'll be there in 5 hours, I think.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Man, had a awesome winning streak with a team of random (now friends) players.

The "stay as group" feature is truly a game changer.

We had 10 wins until we found a team capable of beating us. The win on volskaya was something that i think i'll never do again, we spent less than 3 minutes on attack.

Kurumi

It's not like she wasn't powerful hero (imo.) before the buff...

I feel like Blizzard wasn't even sure what to do with her exactly and to make ppl pick her again they kinda made a killing machine of her. She is very powerful now. It's hard to escape from her gun and combined with 2 or 3 turrets = almost instant dead.

I honestly can't believe what Blizzard is doing more than half year after the release of the game. First Soldier 76 now Symmetra, really??

Yea....the range on her weapon now is pretty damn dumb. And the shields + torbjorn armor is ridiculous as well.....

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Man, had a awesome winning streak with a team of random (now friends) players.

The "stay as group" feature is truly a game changer.

We had 10 wins until we found a team capable of beating us. The win on volskaya was something that i think i'll never do again, we spent less than 3 minutes on attack.

I haven't been so lucky. I keep ending up in 5/6 stacks which lead to really tough games. But they have been competitive ones which I suppose I should be happy about. Super stressful though.

NeoRaider

Yea....the range on her weapon now is pretty damn dumb. And the shields + torbjorn armor is ridiculous as well.....

I just had a game again where Symmetra was just clearing ppl one by one. And got POTG for that. Almost every POTG today was Symmetra with 3-4 kills. I honestly don't get it. Do they test these changes at all or what?? How is this even possible?

What kind of skill you need for this but to press left click and jump around?

Kurumi

I just had a game again where Symmetra was just clearing ppl one by one. And got POTG for that. Almost every POTG today was Symmetra with 3-4 kills. I honestly don't get it. Do they test these changes at all or what?? How is this even possible?

What kind of skill you need for this but to press left click and jump around?

Seems like the new thing to do now for Blizzard is to put everything on PTR without any changes whatsoever and think "Alright. This is balanced." And just push it to live servers.

Fugu

Going undefeated in 1v1 after ten games is a nice reminder of what the game would look like without matchmaking.

I also have to say that I have seen basically no sym gameplay in comp (PC). Are those of you who are saying she's dominant now playing on consoles?

Am I the only one who has trouble getting in the 9 wins in arcade mode? Shit's almost as hard as competitive lol.
Do 3v3 as either Mei, 76 or Roadhog. They're all very good there. Mercy kind of is too if you can survive long enough to ult.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Am I the only one who has trouble getting in the 9 wins in arcade mode? Shit's almost as hard as competitive lol.
Nope. I can barely get one win in there, much less 9. I commonly get stomped in 1v1 and 3v3 is kind of a crapshoot. The kill cams and POTG reels also feel very, very pointless in these modes.

It doesn't help that I don't think it's much fun at all when compared to QP, so I rarely do this mode in the first place.

NeoRaider

Seems like the new thing to do now for Blizzard is to put everything on PTR without any changes whatsoever and think "Alright. This is balanced." And just push it to live servers.

Ikr? It's getting ridiculous, really.
Just to prove what i was talking about, and how easy it is (happened half hour ago) :

https://streamable.com/6pbew

And i wasn't even trying.

Don't get me wrong i like Symmetra, i liked her before the buff and always will, but i am just being honest here. This is too much.

Nimby

Banned
If you ask me, Symmetra shield generator is probably the best *theoretical* counter to triple tank. I think Harbleu is right on that. Hook combo only works on 250 and lower HP heroes (?) so unless you're Tracer, Hog will have a much harder time securing kills.

The nature of the generator will also benefit non-tanks more. Honestly think it might push Reaper back a bit, there was an increase in Reaper play at IEM at least, which goes to show you he just might be getting underplayed a little.

Top Bottom