• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Chance

Ran symmetra on attack on Temple of Anubis and absolutely destroyed a team. Reinhart doesn't even notice me doing damage on him was hilarious. But on point B where I was able to setup 6 sentries behind the wall was great. They tried to do the same thing to us and failed.

also people need to make finding the shield generator a top priority with a tracer or a genji.

Some do ^.^ I killed the shield gens in a match yesterday so quickly - seconds after they went up - that the Sym ragequit immediately after I pulse bombed the last one (along with her).

It was awesome.

Sombra seems useless in this tank heavy meta.

Could they give the tanks bigger head hotboxes to make them more vulnerable to genji, soldier, McCree?

Part of it too is I think that dva and roadhog's ults are too useful. A tank should probably be balanced with a less useful or only useful with teamwork ult.

I say reduce the damage on whole hog drastically and make dva bomb either not travel very far or reduce the kill range drastically.

Reinhart, zarya, and Winston's ults are a good balance for a tank. The others are too good.

Anne

I guess my theory that NA teams would all just bust out tank comps for MLG after being conservative for awhile was right? The comps being ran today are pretty standard compared to the more "typical NA" stuff.

Sombra seems useless in this tank heavy meta.

Could they give the tanks bigger head hotboxes to make them more vulnerable to genji, soldier, McCree?

Part of it too is I think that dva and roadhog's ults are too useful. A tank should probably be balanced with a less useful or only useful with teamwork ult.

I say reduce the damage on whole hog drastically and make dva bomb either not travel very far or reduce the kill range drastically.

Reinhart, zarya, and Winston's ults are a good balance for a tank. The others are too good.
Graviton Surge is one of the best ults in the game, and Earthshatter is pretty good as well.

Nimby

Banned
Kaplan responds to Assault map issues:

We appreciate the feedback on our Assault maps.

We've had a lot of discussion about the mode this week. We're talking about some potential changes but we still want to talk things through for a bit before making immediate changes.

One of the problems we're interested in solving is lowering the rate that draws occur in Assault. The worst offender is Hanamura. On a bad week, the map can draw as much as 18% of the time. To put the number in perspective, Control maps draw 0%, Payloads draw 0% and Hybrids draw on average 5.75% of the time.

Your overall chance of a draw in competitive mode is 5.45%, which seems more than acceptable to us.

I wouldn't go so far as to say draws happen every time on Assault or even that draws are rampant. Statistically, that is false. But we think we have some strong ideas to try out when it comes to reducing draws in Assault.

We have some other problems we are taking a look at as well.

But overall, we like Assault as a mode and we think the maps provide a lot of exciting Overwatch moments. We're always looking to improve all parts of the game and Assault is included in that.

Graviton Surge is one of the best ults in the game, and Earthshatter is pretty good as well.

But- they both require teamwork to really do anything. Dva Bomb and whole hog work independently of the team.

I like that as a slight crutch for a tank - tanks shouldn't be getting the job done entirely alone. They should require teamwork.

Nimby

Banned
Say what you want about the meta. I will probably agree. But that Liquid/Faze match was insane, definitely had me on the edge of my seat. Wasn't boring in the slightest.

i just know blizz track record after these tournaments.

but I agree with the dude saying that Faze should play what they're good at instead of doing 3 tank 4 tank meta....

Faze seemed the most successful when they weren't doing that meta

Anne

3 tank and 4 tank meta......

Blizz bout to nerf them some tanks.

more like Ana is going to receive a retirement package.

but I agree with the dude saying that Faze should play what they're good at instead of doing 3 tank 4 tank meta....

Faze seemed the most successful when they weren't doing that meta

I kind of disagree. Shadowburn made plays, but I doubt that if they all-ined on him they could get around the big meta teamcomp. There were a lot of times where he actually made the Genji play but then just kind of hopped around while his team lost the fight. In an even more vulnerable team that backed him p things might hve gone better, but it's more likely the team got picked even harder.

Nimby

Banned
Every major tournament with NRG I keep wishfully thinking that they show up good and don't get stomped. Hasn't happened yet :(

Every major tournament with NRG I keep wishfully thinking that they show up good and don't get stomped. Hasn't happened yet :(

Hahaha, same. It's sad how they can't seem to perform as high as they'd like. Hopefully something happens and today is a good game.

Anne

I like that Monte is willing to just call out NRG hard like that. The next cast says "they were a little bit lackluster."

Monte has his issues but I appreciate how he just says that shit.

I kind of disagree. Shadowburn made plays, but I doubt that if they all-ined on him they could get around the big meta teamcomp. There were a lot of times where he actually made the Genji play but then just kind of hopped around while his team lost the fight. In an even more vulnerable team that backed him p things might hve gone better, but it's more likely the team got picked even harder.

ok, but you can't deny the fact they were usually successful when dude was on tracer or when shadowburn was on genji.

and most of the time they were going 4 tank they were getting their shit pushed in. it's just a fact that that happened.

Nimby

Banned
Goldenboy: What got you into Overwatch?
Mendo: Well, D.Va is pretty cute...

Time to unfollow Mendo from Twitch.
It should be Mei

TrueBlue

The Snowball Offensive is so dumb. One snowball per round is just ugh. They should have made it so you had like 6 balls per round, and the inability to restore HP.

Anne

ok, but you can't deny the fact they were usually successful when dude was on tracer or when shadowburn was on genji.

and most of the time they were going 4 tank they were getting their shit pushed in. it's just a fact that that happened.

I saw trip tank + Genji do a lot of work. Which fits into meta. Yeah, they lost fights on 3/4 tank comps but they won the set against Liquid, who were running meta very well, by sticking to the heavier strats.

You can say they might have made something happen, but they didn't. They didn't take the risk and they won. Will they take the risk later? Idk, it might be worth taking, but there is so much on the line that I wouldn't all in on a Genji comp.

I will say if they do maintain the Genji comps moving forward that will be cool and ti can definitely work, but going out of their way to drop tanks in order to keep this going is trading in consistency for big play attempts. There's a lot more to the dynamic than "they lost a few fights on tanks and Shadowburn made some plays."

There's tons of funny OW streamers. Seagull is actually likeable and informative which there's very little of streamers in any competitive games

Yeah, pretty much this. His streams are just really fun to watch because he just talks about the game and takes everything in stride.

Top Bottom