• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Anne

450 Health Ana with D.Va/Rein/Hog on those health pools + aux damage.

I called it and I'm not even happy about it ;~;

Torb+Sym is sickening to watch. So this is definitely a problem even at high levels :/

I was right in the call that Sym was taking the Lucio spot, I think. Makes sense really.

Apathy

Mendo rotates his keyboard so much. So weird, can't imagine playing with my keyboard that slanted

Edit: oh he's a lefty, that's why

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Symmetra's generator is stupid. I hope blizzard is watching this. Like I'm ok iwht Symmetra helping deal with tanks but that unkillable generator has to go or the range needs to be cut in half
I didn't know seagull had a pharah.

He had a Zen for a while too. The good old days.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Or just play Tracer/Genji/Sombra and kill it?

Go ahead and try to kill it as any of those three and come back to me.

you really think Tracer and Genji are gonna rip through 600 hp shield generators without alerting Symmetra who hard counters Genji? You're never going to do enough damage to the generator and when you run away from Symmetra(assume she hasn't locked it with some sentries) her generator is almost entirely shields. It regenerates by the time she goes back to leaving the generator unguarded.

The idea of Genji or Tracer having the DPS to even remotely countering that thing is a joke. It takes a full Sombra clip point blank to kill it. If you dont kill it on your push, it'll just regenerate.

breadtruck

The Snowball Offensive is so dumb. One snowball per round is just ugh. They should have made it so you had like 6 balls per round, and the inability to restore HP.

Suck up snow from a sparkling snow pile to reload dude.

My first round of a match I didnt know how to reload either, lol.

Skii

you really think Tracer and Genji are gonna rip through 600 hp shield generators without alerting Symmetra who hard counters Genji? You're never going to do enough damage to the generator and when you run away from Symmetra(assume she hasn't locked it with some sentries) her generator is almost entirely shields. It regenerates by the time she goes back to leaving the generator unguarded.

The idea of Genji or Tracer having the DPS to even remotely countering that thing is a joke. It takes a full Sombra clip point blank to kill it. If you dont kill it on your push, it'll just regenerate.

Funnily enough, Reaper is one of the few characters that can reliably destroy it and come out of the Symmetra engagement safely. Unfortunately he doesn't have the ability to flank as easily as Tracer/Genji do and he's pretty much garbage against the rest of the team.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Funnily enough, Reaper is one of the few characters that can reliably destroy it and come out of the Symmetra engagement safely. Unfortunately he doesn't have the ability to flank as easily as Tracer/Genji do and he's pretty much garbage against the rest of the team.

Reaper would be the ideal solution to a lot of these problems with Symmetra because he could not only kill her sentries, bait her to the generator, kill her before she kills him then kill the generator. But then he can't get out. Even with shields and torb armor cheese he could wraithform her beam and assumedly it would make her power go down and he'd finish her off.

Maybe if Shadowstep wasn't slow as fuck.
how does NRG lose fights with so many ults in their bank.

I imagine they build around Seagull's Dragonstrike which is an unsung hero right now due to the popularity of Rein and DVa but he needs something to combo it with and I don't think Hanzo has enough to justify him other than just the Dragon for these tank heavy teams. And Scatter Arrowing DVas but these adderall infused DVas are painfully good at DMing those at higher ranks

jediyoshi

Yeah?

I just think we could have done with a little bit more ammo. Maybe not 5 or 6 like I suggested, but 2 or 3. Maybe the longer you stay reliading, the more shots you have. Risk/reward dynamics and all that jazz.

But you don't get one snowball per round. Giving you 1 shot at a time is risk/reward because of the reload process.

Anne

oh well. Still sad because NRG has good players and they beat FaZe in the last WGE thing. They sometimes show up something nice, but then they make the biggest flubs ever.

C9 had the better support/tank play throughout the fights and were able to mitigate every ult as they came in.

Roolf's positioning was nice. In that fight you could see him be on his own on the other side of the graviton thanks to him being behind the wall. When the fight broke down after that Ryb played around the space he was given and made the Earthshatter have high impact at the end of the fight. That subtle spacing made it so 3 ults dumped only ended in a dead Ana.

Chance

Annnd done. It's 400 HP, the Pulse Bomb insta-kills it with a half-second's exposure to Sym's microwave room, and Tracer is so perfectly effective at it that it was causing enemy Syms to rage quit last night ^.^ and half the time Sym is in there with the generator, and you get a two-for-one.

Maybe... Give it a shot?

Also man, american teams are so boring. At least the korean teams are willing to experiment beyond 4 tanks.

This is also probably why the western meta may seem so stale, and why korean players have a wider game sense. Experimentation goes a long way to knowing whats possible and while finding one little detail here and there doesn't seem much, once you find alot of them it adds to the bigger picture.

Apathy

Man seagull should have stayed streaming and made bank. There is going to be some discussion from the NRG organization on the lack of results specially after all that practice in Korea and boot camps

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Annnd done. It's 400 HP, the Pulse Bomb insta-kills it with a half-second's exposure to Sym's microwave room, and Tracer is so perfectly effective at it that it was causing enemy Syms to rage quit last night ^.^ and half the time Sym is in there with the generator, and you get a two-for-one.

Maybe... Give it a shot?

I'll give it a shot in a bit. Did you try it on Point B or Point A? Because Point B is a nightmare now. She can drop it in places that only Sombra can get into without getting completely mangled.
Man seagull should have stayed streaming and made bank. There is going to be some discussion from the NRG organization on the lack of results specially after all that practice in Korea and boot camps

He will probably go to that eventually. It's probably an easier schedule. He could easily be the most popular OW streamer on Twitch if he did it more but I think he likes the eSports aspect a lot even though he could be wealthy off streaming high level comp. Which I find respectable.

Roolf's positioning was nice. In that fight you could see him be on his own on the other side of the graviton thanks to him being behind the wall. When the fight broke down after that Ryb played around the space he was given and made the Earthshatter have high impact at the end of the fight. That subtle spacing made it so 3 ults dumped only ended in a dead Ana.

Yeah, people don't pay nearly enough attention to that shit at the desk. I think tanks/supports don't get acknowledgement outside of ults :(

Like how often do you see something like that where no one knows how a team won a fight, and you realize that Rein/Ana made a play while you were looking elsewhere at one of the dps players?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, people don't pay nearly enough attention to that shit at the desk. I think tanks/supports don't get acknowledgement outside of ults :(

Part of why I like DSPStanky's streaming as Lucio is his positioning. Like he does the highlight vids of his boops and wall riding but he shows so many positions I didnt even think of that only Lucio can get to as a healer that not only give him height advantage, a better view of the action but also he can easily duck things like self destruct

Chance

I'll give it a shot in a bit. Did you try it on Point B or Point A? Because Point B is a nightmare now. She can drop it in places that only Sombra can get into without getting completely mangled.

Just get in, drop the bomb, rewind out. The hard part is usually finding it. As soon as the turrets activate, Sym will come for you - in and out!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is also probably why the western meta may seem so stale, and why korean players have a wider game sense. Experimentation goes a long way to knowing whats possible and while finding one little detail here and there doesn't seem much, once you find alot of them it adds to the bigger picture.

To be fair I forgot to mention CoL, who do seem to prefer experimenting instead of playing the tank meta.

TrueBlue

But you don't get one snowball per round. Giving you 1 shot at a time is risk/reward because of the reload process.

I know. By round I mean ammo, sorry about that.

At the present moment I just find the brawl frustrating more than anything else. The idea is neat but I feel the execution is lacking.

I'll give it a few more days though. My feelings may be down to my tiredness more than anything. Maybe it'll click later on.

ISOM

He's said he doesn't really care about the money. He knows he could be making over a 100g a year streaming but prefers the esports life.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just watched a Mei coem out of spawn as we were taking the last point of Gibraltar and as she saw us all there coming onto the point she instinctively walled

herself into her own spawn

Man my night has been terrible. So many Soldiers who absolutely fail at countering Pharah, and people not dealing with Teleporters and Generators

Veelk

Banned
Just watched a Mei coem out of spawn as we were taking the last point of Gibraltar and as she saw us all there coming onto the point she instinctively walled

herself into her own spawn

When evil runs out of victims to feast on, it will begin eating itself.

Top Bottom