• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just really wonder if they considered solo players at all or Torbjorn's passive armor at all when they decided on Symmetra's shield generator.

I am not even kidding when I say that every attack that I've had where the enemy team is using Torb/Symmetra has been a completely unpleasant experience. I had a match on Hollywood on defense where we got rolled until someone went Torb and we just sat in the last room of Hollywood and suddenly won because of it. We absolutely did not deserve that win. We were getting decimated prior but our survivability was just so stupid that the enemy team couldnt have had enough DPS to deal with all of us.

KiraFA37

You gotta love those Anas that miss you when you're 2ft infront of their face.

Your probably one of those genji's that keeps jumping around aren't ya? You guys aren't making our job easier. But seriously I'm always healing moving targets so once I see somebody that stands still to get healed I just freak out.

Hanzo first round, repeatedly spammed "Need Healing"

After a recent match I never want to hear that voice line again. It was King's Row; we attack first and get totally stonewalled. I switched to Mercy and ended up solo healing. They make it past the choke point and I'm trying to keep everybody on the ground and point healed by myself, and the entire time our Hanzo on the area above the point in back (who is doing nothing for us) is continuously spamming "need healing" but he was never in range to heal and he was always too far back for me to get a lock on to fly to him. I had no fewer than three critical teammates on the ground to heal anyway.

Hardly anybody on the team communicated except for him to rage we were the "worst fucking team ever" after the match. I checked their stats and it looked like they were pretty much a textbook case of Blizzard's claim of people being overplaced in S2. If I remember correctly they started at platinum but ended in the 1300s. This season they were currently at 1500.

I'm hovering at 2000 now and would be ecstatic if I got to platinum. I know that's likely my absolute limit, and I'm OK with that. I enjoy this game more than any other FPS I've played. But so many at my level act like they're just temporarily embarrassed Grandmasters and it's everybody else on their team keeping them from the dream.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new pharah rockets. I don't think their overpowered, but it feels really obnoxious to have her just rain them down with no real consequences for her. The knockback produced a double affect where both players had to readjust their aim. All she really needed was a mobility boost, but with this lack of knockback, I often feel utterly helpless as she just rains down fire on me. And this is console, where even soldier and McCree can only help so much. So yeah, bring knock back back.

ISOM

Your probably one of those genji's that keeps jumping around aren't ya? You guys aren't making our job easier. But seriously I'm always healing moving targets so once I see somebody that stands still to get healed I just freak out.

No, I wasn't playing Genji.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I always stand still if I'm playing Genji and retreating with low hp and we only have an Ana healer. Sometimes I crouch spam.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I still feel like as ana you need to hit your jumping genjis.

Your role is to support what they're doing, so if you can't hit them jumping in the heat of the battle you probably shouldn't be playing ana.

Spirit3

The Overwatch gods surely have it in for my friend and I tonight. Regularly getting 3 to 4 golds/ silvers between us each game and have lost 8 ranked games in a row. Team going in solo, choosing the worst combination of defense and or attack characters, generally just ignoring the capture points. Really special moment we are having here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You probably should, but I assume the worst.

Like all the Mercys that abandon me as soon as I tactical visor. I straight up dont trust Mercy anymore.

Shahadan

Two months ago when I got 3 gold medals and more than 50% kill participation as Symmetra no one bothered saying anything.

Now they say "of course Sym is OP now"

I don't even do anything differently, I'm still not used to that barrier thing

Rizzi

I just really wonder if they considered solo players at all or Torbjorn's passive armor at all when they decided on Symmetra's shield generator.

I am not even kidding when I say that every attack that I've had where the enemy team is using Torb/Symmetra has been a completely unpleasant experience. I had a match on Hollywood on defense where we got rolled until someone went Torb and we just sat in the last room of Hollywood and suddenly won because of it. We absolutely did not deserve that win. We were getting decimated prior but our survivability was just so stupid that the enemy team couldnt have had enough DPS to deal with all of us.

Didn't you know that if you're not able to beat a character because Blizzard is terrible at balancing then it's actually your fault? At least if you listen to like half of this thread. She's fucking invincible with armour and her shield generator.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Two months ago when I got 3 gold medals and more than 50% kill participation as Symmetra no one bothered saying anything.

Didn't you know that if you're not able to beat a character because Blizzard is terrible at balancing then it's actually your fault? At least if you listen to like half of this thread. She's fucking invincible with armour and her shield generator.

I've never had an issue with her beam and I still dont have an issue with it. It's whatever. It's a little cheap and I never ever want to hear a Symmetra complain about cheap Hanzo kills in comparison. She's even more W+M1 than a Pyro but most heroes have a way to deal with it unless it's in a group fight and I've always prioritized Sym in a group fight. The change to her beam length was stupid and completely uncalled for but its whatever. It wasn't needed at all and if they did it just for Lucio then that's a bad idea. They need to do something else if that's their sole concern while they fail to realize Lucio at his core is why Lucio is always in high level games, not because of his healing.

The issue is the survivability she gives her team. I have no idea why they limited the charges on a teleporter yet they decided her far more powerful shield generator should last until its destroyed. Combine that with the face that Torb is now always generating scrap and fights take an eternity where Defense benefits from ahving Torb handing out armor while Offense would suffer from having Torb and Symmetra.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Problem is that strat requires quite a bit of setup. Probably harder solo q where most people prefer to sit in choke, but any semi competent dive comp would make sure that doesn't happen.

antitrop

You probably should, but I assume the worst.

Like all the Mercys that abandon me as soon as I tactical visor. I straight up dont trust Mercy anymore.
I always pocket a soldier as soon a I hear his ult.

I'm the Mercy of your dreams. I didn't get a golden broom because I suck with her.

Rule number one of QP:

You're going Support or Tank. Sometimes simultaneously. Be ready for it.

I made the mistake of wanting to use Symmetra once. Chose her immediately. Then two minutes into the match, someone mentions "no tank." Altogether, it was six minutes of my life I'll never get back.

you're telling someone to go support when they are already going support

xviper

did the decrease the chances of getting an epic or legendary from the boxes ? i opened like over 15 boxes and the only thing i got is pharah's skin, while in the halloween event i opened very little since i was busy back then and i got more than half of the skins

Blues1990

did the decrease the chances of getting an epic or legendary from the boxes ? i opened like over 15 boxes and the only thing i got is pharah's skin, while in the halloween event i opened very little since i was busy back then and i got more than half of the skins

I was actually pretty lucky with my loot box items. Usually I would either get tons of gold or an Epic Skin every 10 boxes or so, but I got almost everything this time around. I'm just missing the Mei-rry "Legendary" skin, which I'm not all that bummed about, as it looks pretty blah to me.

Theorry

I hate playing comp on console. Nobody is using voice chat. And if there is someone its a French guy why doesnt speak english..

Blues1990

I hate playing comp on console. Nobody is using voice chat. And if there is someone its a French guy why doesnt speak english..

Or it's usually some kid who has his microphone/headset sitting right next to his cell phone, which is blasting music through the speakers. Why, yes, I would LOVE the song '7 Years' to make me go deaf. :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Alternatively, I hate when Mercy follows my dives when I'm Winston.

Don't follow me out here, it's fucking dangerous! Give me that Zen orb.

Rizzi

Symmetra does way too much damage, has too much range, her shield ult is completely fucked if you combine it with armour, and she has a tiny hitbox. But hey, she's totally balanced right guys?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only one of my team that got sucked into a black hole as Winston
Enemy DVa self destructs at me with my team inches away
Barrier Up
tenor.gif

I was playing defence on dorado last night and the enemy team had a Widowmaker and Hanzo on attack with there only healer on there team mercy pocket boosting widowmaker who was just staying the 2nd floor balcony.

They did not even move the payload 30 feet and all I could think was "why?"

Symmetra does way too much damage, has too much range, her shield ult is completely fucked if you combine it with armour, and she has a tiny hitbox. But hey, she's totally balanced right guys?
It's better than her being completely worthless. It's not like she's impossible to deal with.

rulerk1

Was I being petty not healing a Zarya for saying "heal me you stupid bitch" when I was caught in a trap? Didn't last long tho cause he asked nicely later so I healed him. That duo was pretty toxic tho

I got this game a couple weeks ago and it's pretty frustrating how sometimes I'd flank the other team, kill them all with McCree's ult, and yet no one on my team tried pushing the payload.

Like wat

Lol, yep! These kill streaks are nothing new for me. Got loads of POTG with her before the rework. I shit you not I actually sometimes forget she has the shield until halfway through the game. I'm so used to playing as her before that it slips my my mind in some games at first.

Nimby

Banned
Hope they keep her range buff and just toy with her damage. Range feels good, what it should have been.

Also close quarters she is just a monster now, I've been killing Reapers without getting shotgunned in the face when I latch on thanks to her shield. The Photon Barrier is a lot better than what I originally thought it would be.

AngryMoth

Think if they'd balanced symettra perfectly people probably wouldn't still pick her cos she's been hated for so long. So I can understand why they overbudfed her, just please fix it soon

Shahadan

Think if they'd balanced symettra perfectly people probably wouldn't still pick her cos she's been hated for so long. So I can understand why they overbudfed her, just please fix it soon

Yeah that's something Blizzard often does. Temporarily overpower something to entice players to use it and then nerf it.

The climb is real. At first thinking just getting plat is enough. Now that I've passed my career high maybe i should try the climb into diamond.

KiraFA37

The climb is real. At first thinking just getting plat is enough. Now that I've passed my career high maybe i should try the climb into diamond.

Thats a hard path you wish to walk, I got near 2933 before the system decided I should always stay near 2700-2800. Diamond is so close yet so far...

Ellite25

Guys please help me!

I'm getting extremely frustrated. I am constantly getting freezing and disconnecting from matches. The game is warning me that I may be banned. My SR has dropped over 100 points. My internet is working just fine on every other device or game. It's just Overwatch. After I get disconnected I try join in but it says I can't connect to the server and I get this error message: NP-34924-2. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Guys please help me!

I'm getting extremely frustrated. I am constantly getting freezing and disconnecting from matches. The game is warning me that I may be banned. My SR has dropped over 100 points. My internet is working just fine on every other device or game. It's just Overwatch. After I get disconnected I try join in but it says I can't connect to the server and I get this error message: NP-34924-2. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Had this problem in season 1 because my internet was jank. Wifi ect. Get better internet. That's my only advice.

Also, my internets connection at the time was solid enough to hold on other devices and even my PC I was playing overwatch on. Overwatch just happened to need a better connection.

Do people take comp mode too seriously? Its not worth being a dick over. Too many guys complaining all game long. I hate people to continuously blast the team, telling people to "learn the game" or "go back to quick play". Particularly dislike people that call out specific players for not playing well or blaming others for the team sucking. Recently I had one player saying I was "trolling" even though i was trying my best. Pretty sure I was the best player on my team too, had 4 golds.

I get annoyed at those things too but then I remember that it's just a game and I am here to have fun. Try to respect other players okay?

Ellite25

Had this problem in season 1 because my internet was jank. Wifi ect. Get better internet. That's my only advice.

Also, my internets connection at the time was solid enough to hold on other devices and even my PC I was playing overwatch on. Overwatch just happened to need a better connection.
Well I have 100 mbps internet so that shouldn't be the problem. I realized though that when I got my Pro I switched to 5G version of my internet. I just switched it back to the non 5G version and made it through a match not problem. So that might have been the issue for whatever reason.

Do people take comp mode too seriously? Its not worth being a dick over. Too many guys complaining all game long. I hate people to continuously blast the team, telling people to "learn the game" or "go back to quick play". Particularly dislike people that call out specific players for not playing well or blaming others for the team sucking. Recently I had one player saying I was "trolling" even though i was trying my best. Pretty sure I was the best player on my team too, had 4 golds.

I get annoyed at those things too but then I remember that it's just a game and I am here to have fun. Try to respect other players okay?

I wasn't there so this may well not apply to you, but if you were playing a hero that didn't work for the team comp and people were asking you to switch, it *is* possible that you were the problem. Medals don't tell the whole story either, you can have gold damage and elims as junkrat but not be contesting the point, or switching to hitscan to take out enemy Pharah, or something like that.

Basically if you're playing Comp, don't expect to just play the hero you like the best every single time, especially if you always wanna be DPS. Again, I don't know your specifics, but I think this applies to everybody. ALWAYS be open to switching heroes in Comp, otherwise you can be dragging your team down, and people WILL get salty.

Well I have 100 mbps internet so that shouldn't be the problem. I realized though that when I got my Pro I switched to 5G version of my internet. I just switched it back to the non 5G version and made it through a match not problem. So that might have been the issue for whatever reason.

That's an interesting coincidence because I too had to stay on my 3g to have a more solid wifi. I've read 5g signals maybe be better at closer range to the router, but in my case the 3g was more solid. Good luck! Hope you don't drop! That was a very frustrating time for me letting my overwatch team down when I'd drop from a match.

Ellite25

That's an interesting coincidence because I too had to stay on my 3g to have a more solid wifi. I've read 5g signals maybe be better at closer range to the router, but in my case the 3g was more solid. Good luck! Hope you don't drop! That was a very frustrating time for me letting my overwatch team down when I'd drop from a match.
Well after the switch I haven't had any issues so that must have been it! I agree with the frustration, it was worse than just playing on shitty teams haha. Thanks for the response!

Top Bottom