• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

cyborg009

Banned
Just played with someone who was throwing the game when were up 2-0 in KOTH. Like seriously... crazy thing he started throwing when we were up 1-0 too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man my night has been terrible. So many Soldiers who absolutely fail at countering Pharah, and people not dealing with Teleporters and Generators

TBF sometimes people fall into roles they're not good at. Last night after getting shallacked by a pharah, my team asked me if I could go soldier. I told them I'm not that good at soldier and I'll heal if someone wants to go soldier but no one seemed willing, so it fell onto me.

We managed to contain that pharah and won from then on, but I wouldn't trust myself to do that consistently.

Unless they instalock soldier at the start. Then I have no sympathies.

I really feel like I need to start implementing a no competitive on the weekends rule. Seems like the match quality starts tanking come Friday night for me.

And lol, it was a combination of insta-locking, or people yelling at the original insta-locking Soldier to let them be Soldier then failing as Soldier......also saw a McCree who couldn't beat Widow at close range 1v1's, I lost a bit of my faith in humanity at that one.

Veelk

Banned
Just played with someone who was throwing the game when were up 2-0 in KOTH. Like seriously... crazy thing he started throwing when we were up 1-0 too.

Yeah, I just had a game where the enemy team started throwing the game just because we were up 2 points. I don't get why because they gave us a hard fight for those 2 points, but whatevs, free win I guess.

antitrop

He was throwing in the first two rounds, too. We just happened to win those. He didn't just randomly start doing it after we were up 2-0.

I really feel like I need to start implementing a no competitive on the weekends rule. Seems like the match quality starts tanking come Friday night for me.

And lol, it was a combination of insta-locking, or people yelling at the original insta-locking Soldier to let them be Soldier then failing as Soldier......also saw a McCree who couldn't beat Widow at close range 1v1's, I lost a bit of my faith in humanity at that one.

You might be right. Just had a group that refused to move past the archway in Eichenwalde despite the fact I had three people chasing me as Reinhart around the point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Really should have been an epic skin

Wanderer5

Was on a defense team on Anubis that was able to locked the attack team into the first area for most of the match, and they have a freaking Torbjorn that was building turrets right at the mid spawn entrance lol. Like come on.

And aaaaah Lucio is still so wonderful, even if he got nerfed a bit.

antitrop

What character did they throw as?
I was duo with cyborg.

Hanzo first round, repeatedly spammed "Need Healing"
Bastion second round
Zenyatta third and fourth rounds, when we already had two supports (we tried to switch around it, but he wasn't using Harmony Orbs)
I don't remember fifth round, he switched off Zen.

exYle

Didn't know Dva ult can kill a shield generator.

Thats actually quite important to know

DVas ult does 1000 damage, there's almost nothing it can't kill. Reinhardt's shield. Some tanks with a Lucio ult, but only if he drops it the second the mech detonates. Ulting Zen. Can't think of anything else.

cyborg009

Banned
He was throwing in the first two rounds, too. We just happened to win those. He didn't just randomly start doing it after we were up 2-0.

Yeah he rage and left the voice chat after saying we weren't helping him engaged the enemy .

I was duo with cyborg.

Hanzo first round, repeatedly spammed "Need Healing"
Bastion second round
Zenyatta third and fourth rounds, when we already had two supports (we tried to switch around it, but he wasn't using Harmony Orbs)
I don't remember fifth round, he switched off Zen.

Symmetra and drop a shield generator that got destroyed in less than 1 minute.

DVas ult does 1000 damage, there's almost nothing it can't kill. Reinhardt's shield. Some tanks with a Lucio ult, but only if he drops it the second the mech detonates. Ulting Zen. Can't think of anything else.

Wraith Form Reaper, Ice Block Mei, D.Va inside her mech, anyone that's far enough away to not take the full amount of damage.

I could go on, but I think I've embarrassed you enough for one day.

exYle

Wraith Form Reaper, Ice Block Mei,

Ooh yes I forgot those

D.Va inside her mech, anyone that's far enough away to not take the full amount of damage.

I could go on, but I think I've embarrassed you enough for one day.

Fuck U bruh none of those count. Nothing kills D.Va and her mech in one shot, and I'm not counting things that escape the blast radius. "Oh Reaper's ult can't hurt you if you're outside its radius huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh"

Fuck U bruh none of those count. Nothing kills D.Va and her mech in one shot, and I'm not counting things that escape the blast radius. "Oh Reaper's ult can't hurt you if you're outside its radius huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh"

This feels like an experiment to see how much shade-throwing a person can take until they finally crack for real.

I'll also have you know that I don't plan to stop.

6 randos vs a full partied group of 6, come on blizzard what is that

That's the true Overwatch experience.

cyborg009

Banned
Down 0-2 in KOTH playing as solider 76 and I'm not feeling like I'm being healed enough. Told zen to give me support role so I can Ana. and we end up winning it all :)

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
How do you deal with Sombra? She keeps translocating away before she dies and then coming back later. Usually at some spot that's hard to chase down.

Why is pretty much every character in this game designed to be as annoying as possible? Fuck.

Ellite25

Man this game on PS4 is so fucked up for me lately. Since the last update I've been getting disconnected from games every night. The worst part is I get banned for it and my rating drops. So frustrating. Is this being fixed?

How do you deal with Sombra? She keeps translocating away before she dies and then coming back later. Usually at some spot that's hard to chase down.

Why is pretty much every character in this game designed to be as annoying as possible? Fuck.

Mei, McCree and Winston deal with her pretty well. You basically just have to catch her right after she uncloaks and before she gets a chance to do anything.

It also helps to play a character so that you can learn their weaknesses.

Apathy

game seriously needs the avoid player option back again, I couldn't give a shit about high level widows, fuck em, let them learn a different character, it affects less people than it actually helps.

Mei, McCree and Winston deal with her pretty well. You basically just have to catch her right after she uncloaks and before she gets a chance to do anything.

It also helps to play a character so that you can learn their weaknesses.

also hog

holy shit second time in 3 games where it's a 6 partied group versus randoms wtf is up with matchmaking today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doomfist's ult should just be a ripoff Drogoz's ult from Paladins. A running punch that just does 100% health damage to any enemy. Fuck your tanks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Isn't he going to be a tank though?

That doesn't mean he couldn't one shot other tanks. It would obviously be wasteful to use the ult on a squishy and his primary damage probably wouldn't be as high but it would build his ult so he could kill a Reinhardt or Roadhog in one hit.

Top Bottom