• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

I wasn't there so this may well not apply to you, but if you were playing a hero that didn't work for the team comp and people were asking you to switch, it *is* possible that you were the problem. Medals don't tell the whole story either, you can have gold damage and elims as junkrat but not be contesting the point, or switching to hitscan to take out enemy Pharah, or something like that.

Basically if you're playing Comp, don't expect to just play the hero you like the best every single time, especially if you always wanna be DPS. Again, I don't know your specifics, but I think this applies to everybody. ALWAYS be open to switching heroes in Comp, otherwise you can be dragging your team down, and people WILL get salty.

I was Pharah and had gold elims, gold objective kills, gold damage, and gold objective time. I'm not saying that I played my best game, but singling me out when it was clear everyone else was doing jack squat made zero sense. Even had another guy on my team defend me by saying I was performing decently.

I was Pharah and had gold elims, gold objective kills, gold damage, and gold objective time. I'm not saying that I played my best game, but singling me out when it was clear everyone else was doing jack squat made zero sense. Even had another guy on my team defend me by saying I was performing decently.
There's definitely a problem if you've got gold objective time with Pharah.

Veelk

Banned
Do people take comp mode too seriously? Its not worth being a dick over. Too many guys complaining all game long. I hate people to continuously blast the team, telling people to "learn the game" or "go back to quick play". Particularly dislike people that call out specific players for not playing well or blaming others for the team sucking. Recently I had one player saying I was "trolling" even though i was trying my best. Pretty sure I was the best player on my team too, had 4 golds.

I get annoyed at those things too but then I remember that it's just a game and I am here to have fun. Try to respect other players okay?

On the contrary, I feel comp is the more relaxing mode nowadays. I thought QP would be way better than it is with no stacking, but things are far less organized there.

Comp has people who actually want to win, and they know that means you need to cooperate. I have definitely had less toxic players in comp than I have in QP, and you learn the game better because you have a better chance of getting an organized team, which means you see how things should work.

Of course, to some extent, that depends on your placement, but I've can't remember the last time I had a bad experience because of players. On the other hand, I encountered my latest toxic player in QP recently.

Go for comp, I say. The only real drawback is that the higher you go, the less you are allowed to experiment with the game. Picking Widowmaker is more than likely going to cost you the game, just because you need to be a human aimbot to get any use out of her, for example. People in QP don't care as much, since it's QP, but in comp, this will let get you some side-eyes.

Edit: Case in point, the match I just had now. Attack torb, no healers, no tank. I had to go Reinhardt or nothing would ever get done. But the team literally never once came together. I was always alone at the payload, which means I got killed in seconds. But while the since the other team was playing TDM too, we actually managed to win because the enemy team was just never interested in finding our Symmetra's teleport, and we managed to push the payload seemingly because that was where all the fighting was, and we managed to win, somehow. It was a frustrating match where I felt powerless because, without teamwork and such bad team composition, there was nothing to do but get slaughted as we moved the payload inch by inch, and we only one because the other team was playing equally badly. This kind of match would never happen in comp. You might get a team taht stomps you, but it will rarely be from utter lack of coordination and dumb decisions.

Moonkeis

"Stay as group" feature helped end my horrible straight 6 losing streak. Finally came across a decent group in solo queue and I did not hesitate to hit that button after our first win.

I wish people would stop suggesting 3 tanks without the proper support set up.

AngryMoth

So MLG has aspirations to be a streaming platform? Then why are they still putting it on youtube? It just seems suicidal not streaming on twitch

Ellite25

"Stay as group" feature helped end my horrible straight 6 losing streak. Finally came across a decent group in solo queue and I did not hesitate to hit that button after our first win.

Honestly it's the best new feature. I went on a run the other day once I found a competent team. It was great.

HiiiLife

It's good. So weird other FPS games haven't implemented this since Halo 3.

Animator

Oh my god people are whining about Symmetra now? OW players are literally the worst crybabies.

Symmetra does way too much damage, has too much range, her shield ult is completely fucked if you combine it with armour, and she has a tiny hitbox. But hey, she's totally balanced right guys?

If only there were characters who can hit her from a distance or something. This is like Mei whining again.

rulerk1

wow just had a comp match where me taking out the shield generator won us the match. That think thing should be on a timer wtf. I dont even have any issue taking out Symm but that thing is too annoying.

Yeah it sounds like you weren't the problem in that case, you should not have gold objective time as Pharah. There are definitely people who will blame teammates when they're losing no matter what. I always roll my eyes whenever someone says something like "this entire team sucks" as if they're the only good one and everyone else is the problem. Sometimes it just doesn't click, especially when nobody communicates. Just had such a game. It happens.

pizzacat

Banned
Edit: Jesus fuck 2CP maps right now.
This should be the OT title forever

Get used to being a pharah in soldiers world its fucking bullshit how much the meta mandates scrubs thinking in beating a team

Veelk

Banned
Seriously, playing as torbjorn is fun. I just wish they'd give him his old damage back so he could see the light of comp gameplay.

LMAO you'd think people will not be so incompetent as to fail to get to the first checkpoint on Route 66 to win, but no. 3 DPS playing all the classics (Hanzo, widow, mccree), no one will switch to healer. Still manage to lose despite literally only needing the first checkpoint. Weekends on this game are cancer, even in Comp.

LMAO you'd think people will not be so incompetent as to fail to get to the first checkpoint on Route 66 to win, but no. 3 DPS playing all the classics (Hanzo, widow, mccree), no one will switch to healer. Still manage to lose despite literally only needing the first checkpoint. Weekends on this game are cancer, even in Comp.

Lol yeah. Had a similar thing happen today. I was a tank, we had a Lucio and then Genji, Hanzo, McCree and a fucking Junkrat. The DPS and Junkrat refused to change at all and we lost ofcourse.

AngryMoth

I had a hanzo player on my team last night who wasn't getting anything done and refusing to switch. Tried going to his career profile to see if he actually played anything else, but accidentally hit the invite to group button and....he joined. So awkward lol

Animator

Lol, are yous serious?

No one is "whining", she is pretty OP, and that's pretty clear. Blizzard fucked it up... again. What a surprise... lol.

She is not though? She was useless before except for one or two specific points on maps and now she is a viable character. She is not OP like mc cree was on release when his right click was one shotting tanks from full health. That is OP. Symmetra is not OP by any means.

Nimby

Banned
Symmetra is definitely going to break though in the same place she was before it seems. Maybe as the meta develops she could be a viable overall defensive hero instead of just first point, maybe even attack in some situations. Joemeister who was out-Symmetra'd by Hulk just now, thinks her barrier can change the shield game in a huge way. Makes me think she has untapped potential on offense.

I've been using her non-stop since the update in QP, I think she can work all around now.

Blues1990

It still cracks me up when you see the corpse of a Winston player (with the jump pack boost still active) flying up into the stratosphere. I can't figure out why, but it gives me the biggest case of the giggles.

Nimby

Banned
These analysts still give NRG too much credit. I guess they apparently beat Faze in the Winter Premiere but on stage everything is telling me Liquid is going to win.

Dummy just used Nanoboost for... no reason?

I-hate-u

Symmetra does way too much damage, has too much range, her shield ult is completely fucked if you combine it with armour, and she has a tiny hitbox. But hey, she's totally balanced right guys?

If she is taking a spot of the secondary healer, then I would say she is underpowered and needs more buffs.
Maybe an ability to relocate the TP/shield generator once it's set. Also she needs more control of her E shield ability.

Veelk

Banned
Symmetra is definitely going to break though in the same place she was before it seems. Maybe as the meta develops she could be a viable overall defensive hero instead of just first point, maybe even attack in some situations. Joemeister who was out-Symmetra'd by Hulk just now, thinks her barrier can change the shield game in a huge way. Makes me think she has untapped potential on offense.

I've been using her non-stop since the update in QP, I think she can work all around now.

The shields will definitely be put on a timer or have it's area of effect greatly reduced. As it is, you can place it in locations where it's effectively impossible for the enemy team to destroy it and win that push. Anubis especially. You hide it behind that wall, they'll have to lose a player just to get to it. And if you put turrets there or if your guarding it, 99% chance that person will die before they ever make it back out or even kill the generator.

But Symmetra's were always great for people who knew that you're supposed to ninja her. I feel like you win 80% of the match ups against almost any other character so long as you got the jump on them. With the range on that thing increased, now people have more reason to fear.

Ambient80

This is like Mei whining again.

fYdmI04.jpg

Playing the brawl got me used to playing Mei. Now that I played her a bit more on QP I think I've gotten the hang of her.

If things go well and I get some success with her in comp then she'll be another char I can use.

Top Bottom