• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

antitrop

McCree is still great, though I would be lying if I said I don't miss beta/launch McCree being able to solo Tanks

That was awful.

I think the only thing worse than launch McCree was 50% Discord, original Nanoboost, and maybe Shield Generator the way it is right now.

Weekend solo queue Overwatch is terrible. Back filled into two matches that were over before I got to play for thirty seconds. Two other matches where my team just plain was shit and just got steamrolled. Even trying to brawl I lose both games 3-0.

Today is just not my day, thank goodness it's QP.

antitrop

I still really wish they moved Symm to Defense. It's so hard to convince people that solo Lucio is not okay.

At this point, the two heroes most similar to Symm are Rein and Torb, both of which are Defense, not Support.

I mean... in the old days FTH was stupid. But it basically changes nothing in regards to squishies and couldn't we use some more tank busting? Giving back old FTH doesn't seem so bad right about now.

Braag

Damn, just had over 12k healing done as Ana which was 72% of team damage taken. We did have a crazy good Reinhard though which took most of the damage.

The climb is real!

HW01syk.png

Blues1990

I sometimes hate the player base for Overwatch, especially with how selfish some players can get.

In one such case, after many times when my teammates went off on their own & got stuffed, or they failed to stand behind my shield/stayed together to get healed in the previous matches, I figured this would've been a great time for me to practice with Tracer and Soldier 76.

In the next match, when we didn't have a Support or Tank hero, my teammates looked up my stats and threatened me to switch to either one. I told them with pure honesty that I want to get better with a DPS character & I don't want to get burned out from playing as Mei/Zarya/Reinhardt/Winston or Lucio/Zenyatta/Ana, as those are my most played heroes in QP/Competitive.

They didn't care and started to throw the game on purpose until I switched. :/

Nimby

Banned
Teams still using Symmetra as 1st-point defender at MLG. No reason to switch off Symmetra anymore after first point. Especially if you have most of your ult ready. I guess they'll come around soon.

I feel like all round i do better with Mccree than i do with soldier. I just dont have that tracking ability i guess tho sometimes i hit a gear and i play him well i guess which is why my oversumo says im a platinum mccree but diamond soldier

Nimby

Banned
Not liking the Symmetra play from Adam there. Why would you put the generator outside when they have a Pharah? EDIT: He also built up another one, but switched after Faze took first Dorado. Again she is new, but I think she more than viable for the rest of Dorado too.

I-hate-u

I don't want them to nerf Ana to oblivion to kill this meta. I think the way to go on about this is to buff the tank busters like Reaper, and adjust Zen's discord to scale with health to make it easy to take out tanks if focused fire like before the discord nerf.

Also, I was thinking they are making the next character (Doomfist) a complete tank destroyer. I am talking a melee based character that has his attacks scale with health, making it a 10-0 match up in his favor against tanks, but still weak to flankers. Maybe this is why they haven't done anything to the tank meta that has been rampart for a while.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You gotta wonder also if quad tank is that dominant, or it's just the pro teams playing safe.

Koreans teams very rarely run quad tank, and rolled over rogue who was running quad tank with a deep dive team.

ISOM

I don't want them to nerf Ana to oblivion to kill this meta. I think the way to go on about this is to buff the tank busters like Reaper, and adjust Zen's discord to scale with health to make it easy to take out tanks if focused fire like before the discord nerf.

Also, I was thinking they are making the next character (Doomfist) a complete tank destroyer. I am talking a melee based character that has his attacks scale with health, making it a 10-0 match up in his favor against tanks, but still weak to flankers. Maybe this is why they haven't done anything to the tank meta that has been rampart for a while.

Replacing a tank with another tank doesn't seem much of a change to the meta we're in right now. .

Nimby

Banned
Casters think that Pharah was the sole reason that Sym + Torb didn't work. I mean, Adam fucked up the generator. You also could have ran a Soldier too.

I mean, this can just create new issues. At this stage, unless you're Junkrat and similar heroes, I don't think anyone needs buffs. Zen and Reaper were good before this tank cheese, Ana was broken before this/broken since her launch. I think it's clear what needs to be done.

Major nerfs - Ana
Nerfs - Roadhog, D.Va, Soldier 76
Buffs - Mercy, Pharah
Major buffs - Junkrat, Bastion
Mix - Torbjorn
Wait on - Sombra, Symmetra, Hanzo, Widow

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There are?

I gotta admit I kinda like the zen one just because of how fucking creepy it is.

It's like something out of a horror christmas parody.

I-hate-u

Nerfing Ana biotic rifle is not fair imo. She is hard to play and should be rewarded for her shots. Nerf those tanks instead.

And let's be honest, there are only 3 great healers in the game, and Zenyatta has been seeing some play ever since the last Ana nerf. If the tanks are nerfed and played less in matches, I am sure Zen will played more often even if they left Ana as she is.

Top Bottom