• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Skii

Also if they don't have a Rein then free earthshatters.
This is basically how you feel as a reaper/genji main playing reinhardt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvNUJqAiecg

Man this is so accurate. An aggressive Reinhardt is so hard to deal with if you don't have a Reaper.

More Winston and more hog and you think less reaper, riiiiiiight.

Reaper is also a soft counter to Sombra as well if she starts getting picked highly in pro play.

Ramirez

So I just played a Gibraltar match where I was forced to go Lucio, whatever I bit the bullet. It's me and a Zen, I end the round at 9300 healing. On our push, someone switches off Tracer to Mercy before the first CP...so we have 3 healers and one tank. So I get off Lucio and go Zarya, and by the end of that round I have gold elims, and still gold healing, and a fatty L to go with it.

FML.

Lol so I've only been diamond for a day after solo queuing out of 2300 hell and I've encountered more toxic people in my 3000+ games than I had probably the whole season prior.

So many stubborn assholes who refuse to get off their mains who don't help the comp, or worse the people who see others don't wanna play the comp they see fit and destroy any chance of overcoming the odds and throw the match on purpose by playing even shittier characters like Symm or Torb on attack, not to mention the usual rage quitters who dip out if we lose the first round on defense without even giving attack a try.

I've even played games where we are winning and doing well but some dude just has to talk shit to another guy because he isn't playing Reinhardt as well as he should be according to him. At least I hear people talking a lot more I guess, too bad it's to talk shit lmao.

Genji is everywhere on console right now, and I am having a hell of a time with him as McCree. Any tips other than switching to Winston?

I mean I bait his reflect, but then I just die to swift strike right after.

MUnited83

For you.
Reaper is gonna be dropped hard with no beyblade nanoboost. Lucio will no longer be >90% use but it will still be pretty high I think.

caesar

Banned
Genji is everywhere on console right now, and I am having a hell of a time with him as McCree. Any tips other than switching to Winston?

I mean I bait his reflect, but then I just die to swift strike right after.

You can flashbang deflect, just aim outside the hitbox.

eek5

How? Nano speed nerfs means Reaper is less effective with nanoboost.

More roadhog and winston means more feasting for reaper even without speed nanoboost. Dva gets bodied hard by sombra. Without the ability to DM or boost dva just becomes an ult building sponge.

Nimby

Banned
More Winston and more hog and you think less reaper, riiiiiiight.

More Winston at the expense of less Reinhardt. Sombra can have her way much easier vs. Reinhardt than Winston. Roadhog and Mei have shown they compete with each other for slots on a comp, but these characters are proving to be more useful than what pros originally thought them to be. Before triple tank became a 'thing' as it is now, Reaper was picked 30-20%, and with that dying out as it is right now, his percentage is decreasing.

Nimby

Banned
Reaper won't be dropped hard, his use in the current meta is a tad inflated because he works well with Ana. Reaper was even being used against non-tanky comps, which will be part of his drop I think if nano nerf goes through. I think despite an increase in Winston and Hog, which will interfere with other tank usage, especially for Winston/Reinhardt Reaper will be used less on average compared to now.

ricelord

Was doing good till i got team up with people who don't want to work together and are in their party chat and not in team chat, then blame the rest of the time for not working together.

15008130_1227902070617689_1238976772_o.png

you would think top 500 would try to work together, but what ever...

I'm getting "unexpected server errors" when trying to join the PTR. Is something going on? Or is that just the new "too many people" message?

Have you been to the PTR recently or haven't been there in awhile? Could be the bug where when the transferring of your main account into the PTR goes wrong

matmanx1

Man this is so accurate. An aggressive Reinhardt is so hard to deal with if you don't have a Reaper.

Reaper is also a soft counter to Sombra as well if she starts getting picked highly in pro play.

Did some QP tonight just for kicks and back to back games no one wants to play tank so I grab Reinhardt. I've had a long day and instead of my usual cautious Rein I played an aggressive, hammer happy Rein and boy did it work.

1st game I got PotG for busting up the enemy defense on the last push of the payload with an Earthshatter / Charge combo and the second game I had a 15 kill streak going on Hollywood defense when we won it in overtime.

Aggressive Rein isn't always the right answer but it sure is fun when it works.

Chance

Thank God for Overwatch to keep me from losing my sanity watching the news

We are in the same boat. But on the bright side I got the last PotG into I need for a splice-up of Tracer, doing her Serious Business intro, in every major outfit. So I've got...
  1. Sporty
  2. T. Racer
  3. Sprinter
  4. Punk
  5. Slipstream
...all doing her adorable little laugh.

Now to decide if I wanna' try for the same thing with Just In Time...

ramyeon

Now is a really good time to watch/listen to the voice acting panel from Blizzcon. All of these people are adorable.
Where can I watch this? I saw snippets but couldn't find the whole thing.

I need something to take my mind off this election bullshit. I'm not even American it bothers me, I can't imagine how it would feel to live there right now.

AbaFadi

Banned
Was doing good till i got team up with people who don't want to work together and are in their party chat and not in team chat, then blame the rest of the time for not working together.

you would think top 500 would try to work together, but what ever...

Top 500 are very stubborn lol. You'd be surprised how many of them are so quick to shift the blame onto others.

IKizzLE

Got up to 3797, 3 away from Top 500, and tumbled all the way down to 3726 thanks to a guy who wants to troll with symmetra and torb for 3 matches in a row. I just don't understand how some of these guys even got to master.

Blues1990

Got up to 3797, 3 away from Top 500, and tumbled all the way down to 3726 thanks to a guy who wants to troll with symmetra and torb for 3 matches in a row. I just don't understand how some of these guys even got to master.

I like to think that those people are just screwing about, given that they reached their peak for this season and are bored. It's a pretty common thing to see in online competitive modes in video games.

i wish we lived in the overwatch universe tbh.

i have a question about arcade - can you only earn 3 loot boxes a week from it? I feel like on the first day I got a loot box for playing each mode but was that a one time thing?

i have a question about arcade - can you only earn 3 loot boxes a week from it? I feel like on the first day I got a loot box for playing each mode but was that a one time thing?

3 boxes a week, and you can get an extra box from playing stuff the first time as well yeah.

That sucks, but when you find a troll, after the game ends you should stop for ~10m to make sure you don't encounter him again in the next match.

Bastion is just OP. I don't know if its me, but used him last night in a match in London for the payload. I was on the defending team and he just tears through things, just find a hiding spot, camp then run, repair, repeat until you get the tank.

I love snipers in games, only tried Widow, but just seems very challenging to get a kill streak going with her.

zoukka

Bastion is just OP. I don't know if its me, but used him last night in a match in London for the payload. I was on the defending team and he just tears through things, just find a hiding spot, camp then run, repair, repeat until you get the tank.

I love snipers in games, only tried Widow, but just seems very challenging to get a kill streak going with her.

Heh #beginnerlife :)

Bastion and widow are considered one of the weakest heroes in the game in high level. Of course this shouldn't discourage you playing whatever you want.

Azoor

This makes wanna see how they depict an area in the Arabian Peninsula where I live, Oasis should be interesting to see. Kaplan said what we saw was work in progress.

It's interesting that they said it was a city made scientists.

This makes wanna see how they depict an area in the Arabian Peninsula where I live, Oasis should be interesting to see. Kaplan said what we saw was work in progress.

yeah, i'm really excited for oasis :)

I would love to see Symmetra's hard light city as well.

edit: utopaea.

I'm really curious if Oasis is part of a currently existing country or will be part of a fictional nation like Numbani is.

yeah, i'm really excited for oasis :)

I would love to see Symmetra's hard light city as well.

edit: utopaea.

Yeah India offers a lot of opportunity to have cool maps. Vishkar, Architech Academy, Utopaea.

Skii

I won't even pick Reaper without Lucio, speedboost is so important to him.

Really? I have no problems as Reaper with or without Lucio. I guess speedboost is nice to close the distance but definitely doesn't feel "important".

Reaper is gonna be dropped hard with no beyblade nanoboost. Lucio will no longer be >90% use but it will still be pretty high I think.

Reaper won't drop that much. He's not only picked because of the beyblade combo. He's just really solid consistent DPS when the fight begins. He cleans up very well or is the first to get the pick giving your team an advantage. He has no terrible match ups.

Did some QP tonight just for kicks and back to back games no one wants to play tank so I grab Reinhardt. I've had a long day and instead of my usual cautious Rein I played an aggressive, hammer happy Rein and boy did it work.

1st game I got PotG for busting up the enemy defense on the last push of the payload with an Earthshatter / Charge combo and the second game I had a 15 kill streak going on Hollywood defense when we won it in overtime.

Aggressive Rein isn't always the right answer but it sure is fun when it works.

Yeah it's actually really beneficial to be aggressive as Reinhardt because you gain loads of ult charge from it and your healers will gain loads of ult charge from healing you. People just need to learn that you can hold your position and be aggressive instead of constantly charging in to your death.

Skii

Pharah is a pretty terrible matchup for reaper.

Sorry I meant in the context of pro play. Usually if there's a Pharah, the Mei will just switch to McCree to deal with her easily. It shouldn't really cause the Reaper any problems because she can't pick him off before the fight starts.

Azoor

I'm really curious if Oasis is part of a currently existing country or will be part of a fictional nation like Numbani is.

Yeah India offers a lot of opportunity to have cool maps. Vishkar, Architech Academy, Utopaea.

They gave the vague name of "Arabia", so I think it vaguely in the Arabian Peninsula, giving it a fictional flag is likely.

komaruR

If Sombra kill's an enemy Genji, I would love if she would say "dōmo arigatō misutā Robōto. *laughs* "
it would be more fitting is genji kills a bastion.

It's fun in the lv1-10 matchmaking. People that are new can't handle Torbjorn and Symmetra's turrets and sentries too. Just be prepare to face people that can effective counter you when you get match make will more experience players.

They gave the vague name of "Arabia", so I think it vaguely in the Arabian Peninsula, giving it a fictional flag is likely.

Yeah I believe it'll be a fictional nation as well. They also said Arabian desert. :p
In the Recall short, Mercy is working in an area that seems to be Iraq or Kuwait - might be there (and yes I know that's Mesopotamia/Mashriq rather than Arabia, but it generally gets lumped in with the Arabic area).

Still no South East Asian representation. You think with SEA being a big market they'll have something.

Dunno, what would they add though? The SEA scene is pretty new. The only standout nation out of the region was Thailand (remember that Singapore beat Malaysia and Philippines in the Asian qualifiers).
I have no doubt they'll do something out of the region at some point, though.

Jellie

Time to set the scene.
Group up with skii who is 2 points away from platinum.
Illios KOTH.
I pick Ana, Skii picks reaper. End up having 3 dps, one tank (roadhog so actually dps really) and two support.
Lose the first two rounds 100-0.
Since the second round we have 5 DPS and me as Ana.
They are 99-0 and we somehow cap it.
Get it to 99-99 and they nanoboost a Reinhardt. He charges in misses everyone before going off the point due to the charge and we cap it.
Somehow we win 3-2 and Skii gets to platitnum after we end up with the worst comp imaginable.

Ana, Reaper, Hanzo, Genji, Pharah, Tracer.

Top Bottom